It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A B-2 just flew over!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I was just out walking my dog, and was about 1/2 a block from home when the roar of a turbofan caught my attention, no big deal I am in the take off path for the local airport.
But the I realize the noise is coming from the north east not due east like it should. I look up just as it passes overhead, and I'll be dammed if it ist a F,ng
B-2 traveling at about 300-400' in a southwesterly direction.

It took a couple of seconds for what I was seeing to register,I could see the outline of it as it passed with just two very small red markers on the wing tips and a small white marker in the center, there no tail structure.

From the direction it came from and its low altitude it didnt come from the local air guard base.
And it kept flying straight and level off to the south west, it didnt climb at all just kept on flying at just above tree top level.

That is a sight you dont see every day
Good thing I'm not paranoid or I might get worried.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Does the airport mentioned have a military annex?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Does the airport mentioned have a military annex?

Yes, but the altitude at which it traveled, combined with the direction of travel, meant that there was no way it took off from here.
Aircraft can only take to the northwest from FYI(Fresno Yosemite International).

The fact that it was flying straight and level when it passed precludes it from taking off here.
To be where it was at when it passed, it would have had to be banking at almost 90 deg to the left,if it had taken off from here.

I have never seen an aircraft on the course and elevation that it was flying.
It crossed the approach for a small private airport, Sierra Sky Park, america's first private sky park.
Its a small subdivision that was 10 miles out of town when it was built, that has roll up access from the homes to the airstrip. The houses have garages and a small shed that a cessna could be parked under,
Any way its a small airstrip without a tower, and only runway lights, that has 24hr access.
And this thing flew right through the approach, snd on to the south west, where there is nothing, I guess they could have turned to the east and gone to Lemoore NAS, but why, they couldnt refuel, the navy and airforce use completly different fuel conections.

It better have been a B-2

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well Punkinworks, you may have seen a low level flight training for the crew.

I usualy see Apache helo's from the dutch luchtmacht doing low level flights and some others including F-16's.

You should be happy seeing a B-2 low level flight training

Cheers mate

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
whats the big deal ?its an airplane

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm in central Colorado and saw one fly over a couple of weeks back. It was only a few hundred feet off the ground moving very slow. Very creepy looking planes...easily mistaken for UFO.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's WWIII !! j/k.

It's always a treat to see a billion dollars fly over your head.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I grew up near Edwards AFB, I used to see them fly all the time. If you live in SoCal, thats probably where it flew out of.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Back in Midland TX at Midland Int. Airport, C-5' Galaxy transports do touch and go manuvers out of that airport and fly around a few times and do the touch and go again. The thing looks like its gonna fall out of the sky because it is flying so low and slow. I think they are from the airbase near San Antonio.

Wherever they originate from, its a sight to see....and hear!!!!

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

join