It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alzheimer's drug 'halts' decline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Alzheimer's drug 'halts' decline

news.bbc.co.uk

UK scientists have developed a drug which may halt the progression of Alzheimer's disease.

Trials of the drug, known as rember, in 321 patients showed an 81% difference in rate of mental decline compared with those not taking the treatment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is certainly a step forward in the fight against Alzheimer's. I recently saw an article that said the by mid century, up to 50 million American's will have this horrible disease. Fortunately, my family has been lucky enough to not be effected by this disease. But it is good to see that science is continuing to achieve positive results in trying to halt/slow this horrible disease that effects the lives of millions around the world.

Thoughts?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The disease is likely caused by one or more infectious agents, at least one of which (Lyme disease) is used as a Bio-warfare weapon. There is a reason why Alzheimer's is spreading. It's part of the plan.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
My father has Alzheimers and has just taken a turn for the worse.

He can no longer walk unaided or stand. He no longer recognizes his family and hallucinates constantly when awake. It's a cruel disease I hope they have something here.

Does anyone know if this drug can reverse damage done??

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

This drug may never see the light of day. But if it does it may take years. Take a look at this protocol.....

Wheldon protocol
www.cpnhelp.org...

Also do a search on MMS supplement.

These are treatments used for MS, but alzheimers is closely related and some have had success.

Edit:
In order to protect my sorry arse, none of the prior sites or information should be construed to be medical advice, there is no guarantee of efficacy. Use at your own risk and consult your doctor before trying anything. The information is provided only for experimental purposes.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by SevenThunders]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This really is fantastic news.

Throughout my childhood, I watched the strongest man I've ever known, my great grandfather, slowly descend into something sad and pathetic due to this horrific disease. At first, it seemed like mild dementia. As time passed, things got steadily worse. He'd forget his grand children's names, not recognize the faces of children he had helped raised. My mother spent the majority of her childhood under his care due to hostilities between her and her own mother. The two were extremely close as a result, but in his final year or so, he couldn't even recognize her.

His last months were spent in a vegetative state, a drooling nothing. It was horrible on all of us, and I can't begin to imagine the horror he felt as a result of slowly fading away mentally over a period of years.

He was a life-long hard worker. Much of his working years were spent as a fisherman off the coast of Newfoundland. Later, he worked at a lumber yard where an accident left him missing 3 fingers off his right hand. It's the thing I remember most about the man these days.

He died aged 92, father of 14 children, as well as dozens of grand children and great grand children.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yes, fantastic news. Course we can't party yet, but I'm very hopeful.

Especially because...

Originally posted by Monger
His last months were spent in a vegetative state, a drooling nothing. It was horrible on all of us, and I can't begin to imagine the horror he felt as a result of slowly fading away mentally over a period of years.

I would rather die of cancer.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Johnmike]

top topics

join