It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Blackwater, than hires them!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In typical liberal hypocritical fashion Obama attacked BlackWater for "disregarding Iraqi life, than hired them to do his security.

www.dailykos.com...

IOWA CITY –Sen. Barack Obama charged today that a private security firm operating in Iraq has acted "with reckless disregard to Iraqi life," as he called his proposals to better monitor such contractors the toughest reforms offered by any candidate in the presidential race.

You know, forget all the lives these guys have saved all over the world! From Congo to Afghanistan, these guys have been there to defend the weak. Of course, Obama probably knows nothing about any of their history and simply jumped on the left wing bandwagon.

So, fast forward to his trip to Afghanistan!

www.usnews.com...

Sen. Barack Obama has not been a fan of private police like Blackwater in war zones, and some news outlets even reported that they were spurned for his trip last week to Afghanistan and Iraq. But Whispers confirms that Blackwater did handle the Democratic presidential candidate's security in Afghanistan and helped out in Iraq. What's more, Obama was overheard saying: "Blackwater is getting a bad rap." Since everything appeared to go swimmingly, maybe he will take firms like Blackwater out of his sights, the company's supporters hope.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Excellent find, Dronotek! Yet another Obama waffle in this campaign and another to add to his list of flip-flops while he's senator.

I'd like to see our local Obamatrons explain this one away.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It just happened to be his bacon they were protecting, so that's made it O-Tay! Will the hypocrisy never ends..

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
And still not a peep from any of the liberal crowd. They can't spin their way out of this one so I guess we won't be hearing from them.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
And still not a peep from any of the liberal crowd. They can't spin their way out of this one so I guess we won't be hearing from them.

They are probably just waiting for the talking points.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Bottom line, there is no rationalization for his actions other than hypocrisy. There's no wiggle room on the issue, hence the silence.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
He should switch his campaign motto from 'Change we can believe in' to 'Do as I say, not as I do.' Hypocrisy in action.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
C'mon, Andrew.
C'mon Benevolent Heretic.
C'mon Quazga.

Where are your snyde comments and spin doctoring suppositions now? How many flip-flops does your candidate have to do before even you get sick of his theatrics?

Here, I'll open even take the gloves off for you.

Want to count the big flip-flops so far?

* Taking money from oil companies for his campaign when he said he never would
* Waffling on his support for unilaterally renegotiating NAFTA
* His infamous overnight change in position on the danger of Iran
* Changing his stance on the troops in Iraq and possibly redeploying them to Afghanistan instead of bringing them home like he first said he would
* Reversing his vote on FISA
* Flip-flopping on partial-birth abortions (hotair.com...)
* Despite pledging to accept public financing, he reversed his position and opted out of the system, calling it "a broken system"
* Now waffling on Blackwater

Quite a list the man of change has so far. I'll this for him - he certainly does stand for change, but the change he stands for is changing his original campaign promises to suit his current interests.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How about this?

www.slate.com... 22/dodging-blackwater.aspx

This includes a quote from Ed Donovan - Secret Service Spokesman:

But Obama isn't just any globetrotting senator. He's a presidential nominee, which means all his security arrangements at home and abroad are made not by the State Department but by the Secret Service. The Obama campaign refused to discuss his security detail, but a spokesman for the Secret Service told me that private contractors were not accompanying Obama in Iraq or Afghanistan. "Text," said spokesman Ed Donovan. "We use military law enforcement and Secret Service."

TMJ

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

What's more, Obama was overheard saying: "Blackwater is getting a bad rap."

SOS.....

The "Obamatrons" will "explain this away" because the "source" "overheard".....allegedly.....

Oh crap, whats the point....

I will let you guys get back to your circle-jerk. I am misunderinterested.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yet another Obama waffle in this campaign and another to add to his list of flip-flops while he's senator.

Obama waffles? This term just sent images of toasting some Obama shaped waffles and lathering them with butter. mmmmmm.... waffles.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by sos37

What's more, Obama was overheard saying: "Blackwater is getting a bad rap."

SOS.....

The "Obamatrons" will "explain this away" because the "source" "overheard".....allegedly.....

Oh crap, whats the point....

I will let you guys get back to your circle-jerk. I am misunderinterested.

What? If there's a good explanation I'm all ears. Blackwater was criticized, most noteably by the liberal left, for their security tactics used in Iraq and Afghanistan. As well they should have been - some of their actions were certainly questionable.

Why then would Obama use them to secure himself on his overseas trip? It makes a statement of "Yeah, I know those guys are brutal and get away with injustices but hey, you gotta admit, they're good at what they do."

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
SOS....he didn't.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff authorized Obama's protection after consultations with the bipartisan congressional advisory committee, according to Chertoff spokesman Russ Knocke and the Secret Service.

The Secret Service is on charge of his security. Regardless of where he goes.
And if there was any Blackwater protection, it was requested by the Secret Service or US government. You are really grasping now....

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

If the secret service handled his security then I can concede that his security detail was assigned to him and not selected by him.

However, the Blackwater issue doesn't end there. There's older evidence which seems to indicate that Obama does actually favor private security in Iraq, and this even comes from the Huffington Post:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

top topics

join