It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Island Creature

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
im keeping and open mind at first i thought it looked like a griffin without wings the strange cloth on the cretures leg is weird it may have been some sort of marking device over on the other side of the whare that animal disseis lab is it also sems to have webed feet and long tail but i feel strongly thats its fake :

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The previously mentioned animal experiments actually take place on Plum Island, which is a small government island off the shore of Long Island. It's very plausible to think this could have come from Plum. Any ideas where the photos came from and what the word on hoax or not is?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonefree386

Maybe its ManBearPig?

Honestly that is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen and the other photos only complicate it...

Its either an elaborate well done hoax or someone's been dumping their failed genetic engineering tests in the ocean...

Weird

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
How did this make it to 10 pages? This was solved on page 2... It isn't an alien, a turtle(seriously? a turtle? come on people) or anything other than a raccoon. If you can't believe Jeff Corwin then you just can't be convinced I guess. The man knows what he is talking about.

Could have sworn this site was about denying ignorance. Let's start by 1. Reading the thread before you post and 2. Look more closely at the evidence presented.

Some of you guys just get it in your head that these pictures(not just this thread) HAVE TO BE something strange or mystical and you can't be convinced otherwise. No matter how compelling the evidence is.

Think harder. It's not all that tough to see that this is a raccoon guys...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Although i agree that the feet do look similiar to that of a raccoon...Raccoons have very dark feet and nails. Even if it was in the water for a few days the color of the nail isnt going to change from dark to pink/clear. is it? (maybe i'm wrong? i really dont know)
The new picture only makes the foot look even more strange. it looks like a newborn baby foot.
dog is ruled out for me because i am a dog groomer and i have seen a million dog feet (including pit bulls) and theres no way thats a dogs foot.
i like the possom theory as far as the feet go but the skull is wrong for a possum.
i do know for sure that there are TONS of raccoons and possoms in the hamptons. It's sad but you see alot of them squished on the side of the road. My dad was confronted by a very large raccoon one night that was going through our trash and he actually ran in the house because when it stood up, it was almost as tall as my dad.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i think its a lab animal....someone meant to dump it and it washed up somehow..it looks to have been floating on the water for a while because of the burnt skin. at the base of its tail it seems to have a patch of hair so it would appear to originally have had hair.. i really don't know what it really is but it looks cool as hell and i want to know who scooped up the thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamneldon
How did this make it to 10 pages? This was solved on page 2... It isn't an alien, a turtle(seriously? a turtle? come on people) or anything other than a raccoon.
[snip]
Think harder. It's not all that tough to see that this is a raccoon guys...

I disagree with you. To start with, it HAS NOT been solved. Where is the evidence?

Also, I do not believe it is a raccoon.
Check this image of a raccoon skull, it is nothing like the creature found at Montauk:

Raccoon Skull

Montauk creature

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Psychopump]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

Seriously? If you take a look at the enlargement and compare that with a raccoon skull you may have better luck. Take note of the missing teeth and flesh/skin from the upper jaw.

And several experts also confirmed that it's a raccoon.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
All I can do at this point is
laugh
as posts continue to come in of people who...

1) don't read the thread before posting.

2) Say there is no proof when it's now even been confirmed a raccoon by the leading animal expert in the world lol.

3) Don't even open the links 100% proving it to be a raccoon

4) Say it's "fake" "a HOAX" and photoshopped because there's no body or real evidence even though the corpse was recovered and the story is all over the news.

5) Read the thread, ignore all the massive evidence, and say it's a lab animal because they believe what they want to believe no mater what. I sware, the moon is green, really!

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Ciphor]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
reply to post by Psychopump

Seriously? If you take a look at the enlargement and compare that with a raccoon skull you may have better luck. Take note of the missing teeth and flesh/skin from the upper jaw.

And several experts also confirmed that it's a raccoon.

It seems to me that the eye of the creature is further forward and smaller than a raccoons eye. I still think it´s a French Bulldog.

I don´t mind being PROVEN wrong though.

I can´t believe there hasn´t been a DNA test yet.

EDIT:

Correct me if I´m wrong, but when I read things like "believed to be", "very likely" and "looks awfully like" I do not take them as fact, but POSSIBILITIES.

I agree it probably is a raccoon, but we do not know that yet.
Remember:

DENY IGNORANCE

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Psychopump]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

I have only seen speculations, theories and hypotheses. No proof.
Furthermore, the question is: do I care what you think?

Answers on a postcard to....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I think it is the legendary TR-3B viewed from a different angle than those previous available photos of the supposed monstrous aircraft..

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
my guess is a griffin

as lame as that sounds....

but what else does this thing look like?

it has a beak

almost a horse like body

weird human like feet?

could scientists be trying to spawn mythological creatures??

scary to think about...

when does the too much power rule cross the line?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
reply to post by Ciphor

I have only seen speculations, theories and hypotheses. No proof.

i totally agree with you!! Show me PROOF!! That's what I'm talking about!!

Here are some SPECULATIONS
key word being "speculation")

Jeff Corwin "Animal Planet" wildlife expert:

"What you think is a beak is actually the canine teeth," Corwin told Bill Hemmer and Megyn Kelly. "What we have is an incredibly rare" — dramatic pause — "raccoon."

William Wise, director of Stony Brook University's Living Marine Resources Institute knows what it's not:

A raccoon. ("The legs appear to be too long in proportion to the body.")
A sea turtle. ("Sea turtles do not have teeth.")
A rodent. ("Rodents have two huge, curved incisor teeth in front of their mouths.")
He said the general body shape looks like a dog or other canine ("Coyote?"). But that the "prominent eye ridge and the feet" don't match.
He said the feet and face look "somewhat ovine" - that would be like a sheep - but sheep don't have sharp teeth."

Dr. Larry Barrett, Plum Island Animal Disease Center Director:

"It is impossible to accurately identify the species of animal from the photo. There is no scale from which to judge its size. Additionally, when a body has had prolonged exposure to water and predators, it can be altered or appear different from its normal form. If we had the actual body, we could tell you what it is; however, from viewing a canine tooth in the picture, we could guess it may be a cat or raccoon."

New York magazine contacted the East Hampton Department of Environmental Analysis, which denied the town's animal-control unit had disposed of the beast."It's a raccoon," Margaret Carry-Smyth told the magazine.

Granted, most of them say it looks like a raccoon, but all they saw was a picture. You can't definitively identify something by looking at a picture.

again- show me PROOF

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OMG it made wikipedia

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elacious

"There is no scale from which to judge its size." Well that is just flat out a false statement. There is a fly on the corpse that easily judges it's size. Which matches the size of a full grown male raccoon.

You can easily Identify an animal by pictures. Especially when bones and teeth are involved.

The bottom jaw line is a flawless match of a raccoons. Tooth for tooth, size of teeth, structure, shape...everything, perfect match. The top of mouth where teeth are missing is also a 100% match. You can see the size of the teeth and arrangement easily in the pictures. The front nasal cavity is a 100% match, curve for curve when compared. Unless your saying this is a creature with a raccoons head, with no evidence to support that "show me proof" right? Then get off it. It's skull is what identifies it. Oh and snaps I'm sorry! 99.999999999% cause it's a pic~ lol

The list of confirmed raccoons attributes can go on and on and the only things you can argue with it are features of the body that are deformed due to water damage. The body is wrecked, can't reference that. The bones and teeth however are not.

This is proven to be a raccoon by process of elimination, and properly identified parts of the animal. You don't need DNA to prove a human skull is a human skull. You know it is in a picture by it's shape and form. You guys are reaching, and reaching hard, and refusing to accept the fact it's not a beast from a lab. Get over it. It's a damn raccoon.

Oh and P.S. if you all read all the links like you should have. You would see that someone from the area has even made a statement identifying this raccoon by name, and as a known local critter. To lazy to find it so dig it out yourselves if you want.

They wont run a DNA test on it because everyone in the area already knows it doesn't have a beak, isn't a turtle or some mutated beast, and is just a dead water bloated raccoon corpse and is over it. Only the media is feeding it for a fun story.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
www.animachina.com...

This link is the one that proves it by photo. Look closely at the raccoon skulls front most portion with nasal cavity. Now compare that with the corpses. They are Identical and so are the teeth. Look closely at the teeth. They are not sorta, not maybe the same, each tooth is 100% identical in shape and position. It's not a speculation, That when I compare the teeth in the 2 photos they are a 100% match. It's not a theory that my eyes can identify they are a match, and it's not a hypotheses that my eyes can detect the 100% match of skulls. It's a FACT that my eyes can detect that it's a 100% match. Proof~! Deny Ignorance? How about you deny the ignorance of your inability to either A) read the thread and view links, B) judge easily noticed distinctions between two comparable pictures. Or C) deny the ignorance of your loss in the debate, it's over. Killed 8 pages ago.

If you view this www.animachina.com... and still doubt it then you are blind. Get your eyes checked

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Fore those interested, on earthfiles from Linda Moulton Howe is now an interesting article about those creatures.

August 3, 2008 - Montauk “Monsters” - At Least Three Live
Sightings Reported. Hybrid Dog? Raccoon? What?
Click for report.
“The one I saw had a longer snout or beak
or whatever you want to call it.” - Sean (last name withheld)
“Lavey Fater saw a surfer bring one to shore,
near Ditch Plains. ‘It was hairless and gross. The surfer said he had no idea
what it was, but that he threw it in the dunes because he didn't
want to be surfing next to it.’” - Newsday.com

Animal Planet's Jeff Corwin, a wildlife expert, told FOX News that the beak was “actually canine teeth. What we have is a racoon.” But other contacted scientists have not been so certain and the mystery persists because the girls said one of their friends took the dead body they photographed in a bag to his home where it has disintegrated to slimy bones, waiting for more scientific study.

www.earthfiles.com...

And on unknowncountry.com

The Montauk Monster: Our Take
02-Aug-2008

The badly damaged carcass of a creature that appears to have a toothed beak has washed up at Montauk, across from the US Government's Plum Island Animal Disease Center.

www.unknowncountry.com...

[edit on 3/8/08 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 3/8/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join