It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Island Creature

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.cryptomundo.com...

Does anyone have any idea what this creature may be? It recently washed ashore on Montauk Island in New York. I don't know anything about Montauk Island, but isn't there supposedly animal experimentation going on there?

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Stonefree386]

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Stonefree386]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's certainly an odd looking beast, that's for sure. A decomposed penguin was the first thing that sprung to mind, but I sincerely doubt that's what it actually is.

The beak is the interesting part though, the top part is almost definately a beak, while the bottom has teeth and a 'pointy bit', like a tusk.

I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what it is.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I also wonder why it washed up on shore. This creature appears to be more a land dwelling animal than something that would be swimming in the ocean.

This may be a stretch, but on this animal's right leg there seems to be a piece of cloth tied on. Wierd...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would say it was something like a Meerkat with its nose missing, Although there is no scale to go by as to how big it actually is.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stonefree386

I am almost positive I have seen this image before. As far as the Island itself goes, there is a lot of info on it. Just go to the search bar at the top left and you can find out a whole lot.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it doesn't look fully formed. More like something that was still born, probably prematurely, and even more deformed on top of it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think whatever it is it has been floating in the water for a good while, Losing its fur instead of decomposing.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here's a muskrat skull.
Muskrat Skull
Looks.... sort of... similar. But the back teeth (molars?) on the lower jaw of the 'monster' pic look sharper than these. More like a dog's teeth. Also it looks as though it might have had fur once but most of it has worn off/been shaved. I'm not familiar with the decomposition process in water... do fur/hair eventually go away?
Wish we had some more angles. The article mentions its similarity to a turtle... I can see where the feet might have a sort of flipper look, but it's hard to tell.
Nice find, i'm curious.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Definitely a bizzare creature. Great photo too! I cant reallly hazard a guess as to what this is and Ive never seen anything like it. Its a mammal for sure who ever says turtle is mental. Great find, i hope some others come up with solid info leading to some kind of explaination

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's a dog. The beak is the skull showing through some rotted skin. I used to live in NJ and sadly it is not that uncommon.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I could have gone a life time without having seen that one.

Compassion and sensitivity tells me iit is probably an experiment (Montauk style) gone wrong and then escaped.

I am sorry for it anyway and am glad it no longer suffers.

Wow. Simply amazing.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It looks to me like some sort of dog with the front of it's skull protruding out of the face. And as for the speculated experimentation on Montauk, some say it has been proven to be a hoax, but that experimentation did not have anything to do with animals. The supposed experiments were experiments in mind control and time travel, but you can read about the Montauk project here:

en.wikipedia.org...

And you can read the debunking of it here:

www.bielek-debunked.com...

You can decide for yourself. One thing is for sure, hoax or not, it is an interesting read.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
the animal looks like a shaved dead dog, but with a photoshopped face.

I think that this could be a hoax.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Muskrat aren't going to live in river like the Hudson river or in salt water.This is a cool find but i'm afraid its a loggerhead sea turtle without the shell.During the decomposing stage the beak area gets swell from sea water creating a puffed effect.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Like I said I'm pretty sure I've seen that image or a similar one before. I seem to remember it from somewhere, like maybe from coverage of an oil spill or something, I believe that this is a real image that has been PhotoShopped.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I believe you hit that nail dead on the head, my friend. It does look like a dead loggerhead turtle sans the shell. It is definitely swollen from the water.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I still think its of the Meerkat/Mongoose family, Definitely a carnivore looking at the teeth in the bottom jaw.

Compare the front paws to a pic of a Meerkats ......They're very similar.

Its lost its fur from being in water and its nose has decomposed to show bone structure.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I can see the turtle sans-shell similarities too but the problem is the teeth... no 'modern' turtles have teeth it seems. I would lean towards dog too, with nose damage, but what is with those feet? They just don't look like dog feet to me. But maybe it is the angle or something.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Oh the wonderment of photoshop

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tha Joker
It looks to me like some sort of dog with the front of it's skull protruding out of the face. And as for the speculated experimentation on Montauk, some say it has been proven to be a hoax, but that experimentation did not have anything to do with animals. The supposed experiments were experiments in mind control and time travel, but you can read about the Montauk project here:

en.wikipedia.org...

And you can read the debunking of it here:

www.bielek-debunked.com...

You can decide for yourself. One thing is for sure, hoax or not, it is an interesting read.

Thank you for the links! Very interesting read.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join