It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-Team: New UFO Mystery Surfaces

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Fascinating story! Thank you OP.

From the "additional information" from your link:

I asked R. B. how big he thought the glowing object was? He said it was about the size of a 10,000-gallon tank truck – big and oval-shaped

There seems to be a wealth of eyewitnesses to this -- either the initial crash, or the subsequent quasi-military action that surrounded it. I think this is the real deal.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'll be paying close atention to this thread, it's very well documented and has a lot of very credible witnesses which helps a lot. I think keeping the pressure will at least leave the door open for further investigation attempts if this one doesn't make it. Are there any other ways to help you?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Starred, Flagged, and Subscribed! Can't wait to read more on this.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I've been trying to follow this on the internet but since this thread has opened up I will keep my eyes open for great news!
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
looks like bob da boatman could be swimming wit da fishies !

is there any way to get to the crash site and have alook around for debris they might not have found?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Definitely a very well documented case, would be nice to see some pix or somethin but you gotta consider the timing, who would be up so early with a camera just giviner...

Soon enough they'll be more info on this case...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
cool story, but if the military is aware of it and are coming to retrieve it with some amount of urgency, the obvious guess would be military satellite, right? did i maybe miss something in the story that would suggest something else?

and can't these aliens learn to fly without crashing, already?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
If you guys want to help I would appreciate you making requests of flight logs or FAA radar data as this will be our best bet to open the doors to a real investigation.

From whom would one request such information?

I was going to ask specifically about how to file FOIA requests, but then I realized I could easily figure that one out myself. There's an online form y'all conspiracy folks might want to bookmark: FOIA Requests for US Dept. of State

P.S. - Nice to see a VNV fan on ATS. We wear this chaos well

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is this article outdated? This could very well be the UFO that Bob Lazar claimed to have been in. Before this I was doubting this UFO stuff but now my input has changed quite a bit.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamesder
cool story, but if the military is aware of it and are coming to retrieve it with some amount of urgency, the obvious guess would be military satellite, right?

Sounds reasonable.

I'm surprised that, so far, no one has even tried to follow the "clues" that have been provided.

-The fact that the object was recovered so quickly does, indeed suggest that the "helicopter recovery team" was already in the air while the object was descending, and had foreknowledge of the object's landing zone.

-The rapid recovery and evacuation of the object (aproximately 17 minutes to complete, per witness estimate) indicates that the object either executed a controlled (slow) landing, or that its mass was exceptionaly low for its volume (estimated, again by witness testimony, to be similar to that of a 10,000 gallon tanker truck).

A heavier object, of that size, falling at free-fall speeds from altitude, would have buried itself well into all but solid rock. Recovery would have required heavy equipment to dig it (or what was left of it) out before it could be flown out by helicopter.

-About the helicopters: the recovery chopper was described as a "Skycrane" -type of heavy-lift copter. The Ericsson S64E Skycrane has a payload capacity of 20,000lbs. Its top speed is 126MPH and it has a maximum range of aprox. 230 miles.

So the object, whatever it was, was the size of a tanker truck-trailer, ovoid in shape, weighing less than 20,000 lbs. It landed significantly intact, after what was described as a "firey" descent, gently enough to have avoided drilling itself into the ground.

The object was quickly recovered, slung under a copter and flown to a locale, likely with a 115 mile radius of the "crash" site.

None of this "proves" the object was, or positively was not terrestrial in origin.

However, it might be prudent to take note of the fact that an object of this one's stated size and mass, survived a relatively "uncontrolled" descent and assumedly "hard" landing with little or damage, allowing it to be recovered as quickly as reported. This speaks to some Very durable materials being incorporated with some impressive structural engineering!

Detroit should build cars so tough!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Great find!

I hope more information will be released in the near future.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged! Wil keep a close eye on this one. Very interesting story.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

you can find those FAA logs online, google it.

OBviously, if its covered up, its not going to be reported.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
I doubt if you will get anywhere.. if the militairy was there that quick.. obviously they were tracking it.. so it must be ours.. if its still in the test stages... you wont find out anything...

You may be right. I see it like this:
1. Its an alien spacecraft that we tracked as soon as it entered the atmospher, had some sort of system failure and crashed, 2. same scenario except we shot it down on order to recover it. 3. Its a top secret device or craft and it went down after a test run. Either way, you're left with two hypotheses. 1 alien space craft and 2 Secret US technology. This is Nevadas Roswell, hopefully Im not stonewalled in my requests. Ill be calling for confirmation today, Youll have results afterward. George Knapp and his channel 8 team are making requests right now, mine have been pending for some 2 weeks. So I guess you'll know more once either of us knows more. I can't wait to see what the Military's response will be to al of this?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I happen to live in Las Vegas, and we actually see strange orb-like crafts like this all the time (Especially back in 2005). In other articles, the object was described as a "pearl" or an oval-like shape. I have never seen one with a "blue or turquoise" hue however, but I have seen groups and formations of these strange white orbs pretty consistently. I actually look for these things all the time, and I have been able to spot them about every couple months above my home, however I have seen them more around the Henderson area, and also on the other side of town in the northwest. (Near lonemountain).

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hmmmm. It seems that this type of thing happens often. By the way, eye witnesses are notoriously inaccurate.

source of article

What fell were parts of a large, egg-shaped main fuel tank, a rocket motor combustion chamber and a small pressurization sphere.

In Seguin, Texas a titanium sphere, which holds gas that forces propellant into the stage's engine, survived the fiery fall from orbit and was recovered.

Space debris experts now concede that the conventional wisdom that such objects either burn up, fall unnoticed in the ocean or careen into remote areas of Earth doesn't quite ring true.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for bringing this very interesting case to ATS.

I have also found info about another sighting of a turquoise UFO, January 26th 2007, in North Carolina:

A turquoise colored UFO was reported by locals and an officer in and around Charlotte, North Carolina. Jim Neal said that the object was, "Bright blue-green ball with a white tail." Julie Bigham said that the object was, "A greenish-like light low in the sky. We thought a small plane or helicopter was going to crash." David Whitesides said that the object was, "A slow-moving bluish glow." Brett Lay said that the object was, "Large, bright green ball. Had a haze about it." Amy Bromberg said that, "Almost looked like a flare. Kind of creepy."

en.wikinews.org...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ok, my requests were Vehemently denied. I was also told that it was nothing more than a rescue training excercise. We'll have to wait and see what Mr. Knapp gets out of these people, we'll also have to match up their official story with witness accounts and what they told me just a few minutes ago. So far no match. I wonder what else they'll say to try and deflect attention

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I was also told that it was nothing more than a rescue training excercise. I wonder what else they'll say to try and deflect attention

Just curious:

What kind of "rescue" would require a "Skycrane" helicopter?

People (and animals) are "rescued".

Objects (and that would include bodies) are typically "Recovered".

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

These questions crossed my mind as well, seems to me that they are deflecting... Seriously they're not even trying anymore. It took years to decipher the BS in Project Bluebook, after that Gov BS on UFOs is basically used to catch them in a lie. They should just say nothing at all, it would smarter.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join