It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough of Nibiru!!! Its absolute rubbish!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

Yeah, I know of the discusion, but its nothing pointing to Nibiru.

Though i did manage to look what ever it is up in WWT and also to have a look around near orion since i saw something really bright near orions belt. What ever was found in WWT it is in the northern hemisphere and likely isn't Nibiru.

Though both of the things found in WWT are in a light spectrum that is much easier to see if looked at in infrared.

Even though WWT is a good program I would not search for a planet with a program that could potentially be altered to hide things i'm looking for, but its still a pretty kool program to look at with all its different settings.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Quickfix]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

To say a planet doesn't exist for sure and then to say that its all in your head when there clearly could be more planets to our solar system then we all know is quite disturbing.

Brian Marsden isn't suggesting that there are no other planets in the solar system. He is saying that there are no undiscovered planets perturbing the orbits of Uranus and Neptune. All that means is that if there are other planets orbiting the Sun, they must be relatively small and distant (when compared to the giant planets). An Earth mass planet orbiting the Sun at a distance of 100AU would not significantly perturb the orbit of Neptune, but it would still be large enough to be classed as a planet.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Ok so has anyone else read the article in the latest Australian Nexus magazine about Earth's so-called hidden twin?? It goes through the origin of the idea with Egyptian and Sumerian history and texts then it eventually goes on to mention some curious sightings throughout our history made by atronomers.. The basic conception is that this Counter-Earth is hidden by the Sun, and when you take in the invisible area behind the Sun, it's equal to 10 times the lunar orbit, or 600 times the diameter of Earth - much space.
And when you lay down the bits and piece of recorded history and all the interesting findings made by atronomers throughout the ages, it all begins to fit quite nicely.

In the article, first mentioned is Gian Domenico Cassini in 1662 (whether this was the actual first in modern atsronomy, i don't know), then Cassini again in 1672 and 1686; James Short in 1740; Andreas Mayer in 1759; in 1761 the Counter-Earth was seen most often, also with the famous mathemetican Joseph-Louis Lagrange reporting observations of the planet for several days running. The latest seems to be in 1892 by American astronomer Edward Emerson Barnard.

Oh and it also claims that the race of beings on the planet, called the Neferu (apparently what the Egyptians referred to them as), had some sexual relations with certain "earthly maidens" and of course the result was the birth of children with unusual abilities, described in legends as "demigods", who went on to become rulers of the land of Sumer - not that the Akkadians nor the Sumerians ever called these beings from tjhe sky "god". It was only until much later that the concept of divine beings or gods penetrate into thinking, in the era of paganism.

Anyways, i mean, CAN'T it be possible, plausible, that some unknown planet could be slinking around behind the Sun for all these millions of years, still contained in the "zone of life" and able to support life-forms like our own - all against the many achievements of modern science and astronomy??? Space probes don't look to the sides people - when they're set and directed towards specific heavenly bodies, that's all their "electronic eyes" are focused on.......
OR maybe part of the truth has already been discovered and some certain Soviet space probes unfortunately came to their untimely end..? Is it true that the last picture that Phobos 2 sent back to Earth showed a huge, cigar-shaped, elliptical object that evidently deflected the probe??

This is what astrophysicist Dr Kirill Butusovb had to say about what official science prefers to keep silent (just thought i should throw this in here):

The presence of a planet behind the Sun and the rational behaviour of certain forces associated with it is indicated by unusual comets about which a fair amount of information has accumulated. These comets sometimes go behind the Sun but don't come out again, as if they were spaceships.
Or another very interesting example - the 1956 Comet Arend-Roland, which was detected in the radio-frequencies. Its radiation was picked up by radio astronomers. When Comet Arend-Roland appeared from behind the Sun, there was a transmitter in its tail, working on a wavelength of around 30 metres. Then the transmitter in the tail began working on a half-metre wavelength, separated from the comet and went off, back behind the Sun.
One more quite incredible fact is the comet that made sort of inspection flights, passing the planets of the solar system in turn.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

Well i posted the links to show that there is possibility that there could be larger planets beyond pluto, not to say if there are only dwarf planets.

The link just basically tells that there is a possibility of more planets then we know of that could be anysize.

Don't just go down the path of one possibility, because there is an unlimited amount possibilities in the universe.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Anyways, i mean, CAN'T it be possible, plausible, that some unknown planet could be slinking around behind the Sun for all these millions of years, still contained in the "zone of life" and able to support life-forms like our own - all against the many achievements of modern science and astronomy???

It is not possible for any planet to remain hidden behind the Sun for millions of years. This is because gravitational perturbations from the other planets would eventually cause it to move into a position where it could be observed from Earth. If anyone claims that they observed such a planet in the past, then they were mistaken.

You have to understand here that the positions of the planets are calculated very accurately these days, using complex algorithms. If another "hidden" planet existed behind the Sun, those calculations would be consistently wrong, since the gravity of this object wouldn't have been taken into account.

Space probes don't look to the sides people - when they're set and directed towards specific heavenly bodies, that's all their "electronic eyes" are focused on.......

Space probes are tracked very accurately. The operators of those probes could easily detect the presence of a "hidden" planet, since it's gravity would perturb the probe's trajectory. The cameras don't even have to be switched on !

Come on, guys. You really need to understand how the solar system works.

Content from external source about Comet Arend Roland.

I'm not even going to waste my time trying to explain why the "planet inspection" theory is absolute crap. I can simulate the orbit of this (and every other) comet on my PC using Dance of the Planets (ARC Science Simulations; www.arcscience.com ), and I can confirm that it did nothing of the sort.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Mogget]

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Mogget]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Looks like Nibiru isn't the only orbital thing that could kill off life on earth:

www.viewzone.com...

The public was largely ignorant that such potentially dangerous fuel was being sent into space until the launch of the Cassini Probe in October of 1997. Public outcries to stop the mission were fueled by the surprising revelation that the probe, designed to land and seek life on a distant moon of Saturn, was sent on a trajectory that would cause it to circle back to Earth at about 42,300 miles per hour, bounce off our atmosphere just 496 miles high, and then slingshot to its rendezvous with Saturn. The possibility of an accident was estimated by NASA to be one chance in a million. But such an accident could sprinkle Earth with over ten times the poison needed to destroy all life, and was (and still is) considered by many scientists too much of a risk. The safety features incorporated into the Cassini's RTG will not withstand the potential reentry speed.

NASA admits, in its Final Environmental Impact Statement for the Cassini Mission, that if the probe does not come in at 496 miles high-- if it dips down after hundreds of millions of miles in space into the Earth's 75-mile high atmosphere and makes an "inadvertent reentry"-- it will break up. The Environmental Impact Statement concedes that Plutonium will be released. And, says the Statement, "approximately 5 billion, of the estimated 7 to 8 billion world population at the time, ...could receive 99 percent, or more, of the radiation exposure."

What the public has not realized is that this danger has already existed for over 2 decades. U.S. Military and Soviet spy satellites have routinely been sent into orbit, hundreds of kilometers above our heads, with similar poisonous payloads as their source of power. The results have not been accident free.

The following is just a partial list of known accidents involving radioactive fuel...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Please, please set us straight then. If Lowell and all are wrong, I want proof there no planetary perturbations caused by a large object yet to be found. Please illustrate the elliptic and your view of why all planets are experiencing global warming, and other events which science and Nasa say are caused by an unnamed large object which might have been discovered in 1983. They are not sure and you are. Got to have something they don't. Give me your scientific argument. Send to: [email protected]

Need some sanity here now. Maybe you've got the truth. If you are certain and can prove your point completely. Do so.

link   

link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

The public was largely ignorant that such potentially dangerous fuel was being sent into space until the launch of the Cassini Probe in October of 1997. Public outcries to stop the mission were fueled by the surprising revelation that the probe, designed to land and seek life on a distant moon of Saturn, was sent on a trajectory that would cause it to circle back to Earth at about 42,300 miles per hour, bounce off our atmosphere just 496 miles high, and then slingshot to its rendezvous with Saturn.

Cassini was not designed to "bounce off our atmosphere" at all. The close approach to Earth in August 1999 (two months after a second Venus flyby) was designed to gravitationally accelerate the probe to a velocity that would enable it to swing out to the orbit of Jupiter in December 2000 (where it received its final gravitational boost towards Saturn).

It's worth noting that ISS (the International Space Station) orbits Earth at an altitude of approximately 240 miles (half the distance of Cassini at closest approach).

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Mogget]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i found a red dust with wwt at RA 12h04m28s Dec +05:13:29 and a noname NGC maybe at RA 12h01m40s Dec +04:46:17
Can i named it?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Great thread and timely too

Other than I'll be four years older, I'm looking forward to this Nibiru rubbish being shown as smoke and mirrors. Sadly, a lot of people will be much richer after selling their bulls*it until the day before it doesn't happen. They don't need to worry because another 'End times' scenario will be ready-made to fill the void.

I wonder why the Mayans have such credibilty? They are demonstrably homo sapien like (most of) the rest of the population. They are still around throughout the States and S. America. They appear to have as much ability to see into the future as anyone else has i.e. none. Why then, do some people accept this idea that they could predict the end of the world?

As for Sitchin, he is to be believed but the whole archeological community is not? That's incredibly unrealistic. They all agree that's it five planets rather than ten, but no, they must be wrong. I just hope that the majority of 'believers' are teenagers because I believed a lot of this kind of crap when I was a teenager. I grew out of it. Anyone with an education and over 21 needs to see through this nonsense.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It has never failed to appear it has been 2012 for the las god knows how many centuries if you belive it is rubbish then you are blind as the facts are infront of you everyday ancient religions scientists illuminati NASA even the governments knows (yet denies) the truth
But know you keep living you ignorant life that is so called bliss just because you canot understand the facts infront of ou everyday.
if you are an open minded person you will take a book and research the facts of our earth. u tube is too commercialsed and barely touches the surface.

But no its fine the government will save you lol

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by enlightened-one
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It has never failed to appear it has been 2012 for the las god knows how many centuries

I have done the research....there are still websites around from the early 2000's that have its expected arrival for 2005, etc

if you belive it is rubbish then you are blind as the facts are infront of you

Errr, no Im not

The facts point to it as being a load of rubbish

But know you keep living you ignorant life that is so called bliss just because you canot understand the facts infront of ou everyday.

Again I have done the research, you have provided nothing.

You keep living your fearmongering life, panicking and believing anything that is dished up in front of you on the internet

if you are an open minded person you will take a book and research the facts of our earth. u tube is too commercialsed and barely touches the surface.

Well duh, I never used youtube as a reference. Again I have done the research and will be happy to provide you with the references

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Even as I type this, more Nibiru related threads are being posted, grrrrr

Why does it make you angry that everyone does not share your opinion? A lot of wars start that way.

If people want to believe it exists, why not let them? What's the harm?

And my personal thoughts on Nibiru? I don't know. If it, by chance, does rock up, at least I'll have an idea what it is from reading the stories. If it doesn't, I'll just carry on with my life.

I think that's the best approach with all of the stories about the "unknown". Take it as a good story, and if it eventuates or is found to be real, at least you have an idea of what's going on.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by enlightened-one

blimey,for someone who claims to be enligtened,you sure do have alot of anger built up inside you. This daft planet,was supposed to pop up 99,2000,2003,2005,2006 and now 2012. And probably even more before them too. It's supposed to be visible everywhere by 2009,and it isn't even visible in Australia yet (like it's supposed to be) There're 1000s of amature astronomers out there with some pretty powerful ttelescopes. Don't you think that someone would notice if another sun was heading our way?

you talk about being open minded,but you also have to be open minded enough to see through the BS. I'd love it to be true,it'd make life a little more interesting,it'd be like living in a film. That'd be cool and stuff. But it's fantasy,nothing more.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join