It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's visit to Afghanistan by a Marine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I received this today and offer it without comment. I removed the email addresses and last names but left the rest untouched.

I can't vouch for it's authenticity except to say a trusted source sent it.

Feel free to debunk or comment.

----

(Below is from Tiffany xxx, wife of Capt. Jeff xxx)

I don't know each of your personal political convictions, and apologize if anyone finds this report offensive. I thought it was important enough to share. This is Jeff's email of his first hand view of Senator Obama on his brief trip to Bagram , Afghanistan .

Tiffany

Hello everyone,
As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his
visit to "The War Zone". I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers were lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here, you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

We got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheer leaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States . I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-in-Chief. It was almost as if he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,
CPT Jeffrey S. xxx
Battle Captain
TF Wasatch
American Soldier
Don xxx
[email protected]
American by birth
MARINE
by the grace of God
Semper Fi

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Sigh

Hoax

Day 3

*shakes head*

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It was posted a few days ago. There is significant evidence that this is a hoax, so buyer beware.

Article

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
It was posted a few days ago. There is significant evidence that this is a hoax, so buyer beware.

Article

Ahh.. sorry..

I should have known better than to just do a cursory thread scan and just post.

Rookie mistake.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
No problem, emsed

You are forgiven

You'll find out - very soon - that 95% of the anti-obama propaganda out there is false

Just 15 minutes of looking around the decision 2008 forum will tell ya that

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
No problem, emsed

You are forgiven

You'll find out - very soon - that 95% of the anti-obama propaganda out there is false

Just 15 minutes of looking around the decision 2008 forum will tell ya that

Every election season this is very true, not just for one party but both.

People just don't know how to find valid information, hence why Obama is so popular.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

People just don't know how to find valid information, hence why Obama is so popular.

i've found very valid information about Obama and i still support him

are you calling me a mind numb robot?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I can't vouch for it's authenticity except to say a trusted source sent it.

Some "trusted source" you have there. This email is being widely reported as an Internet Hoax.
www.hoax-slayer.com

A simple Google Search turns up over 200 mentions of this hoax.

join