It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you help me win the 2016 Presidential Election?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
You read that correctly, I am running for the 2016 presidential election.

This is something I have given thought to for some time now and think it finally time to get the gears in motion. I will be turning 27 years old this Thursday and should meet the 35 year old age requirement to be elected President of the United States in 2016.

I am doing this because there is no reason not to. There are eight years for me to gain support and with the internet I believe that a common civilian such as myself has the best chance now than ever before to return the power to the people. I intend to target people that are ages 10 and up for support as they will be 18 years of age when election time comes.

I have decided to get some feedback on issues that would garner support for my cause and ways of spreading the word in eight years time before I start putting my name and face out there campaigning. This is very important to me as I can not watch America be destroyed literally and figuratively any further. There must be a better way and I would like to provide it.

Please let me know if I should go through with this or bow out before I even begin. Together our David can be bigger than their Goliath.

Thanks,
Eric

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What makes you think, you would be any better, than the current selfish ignorant egotistical psychopathic leviathans?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'd give you a cookie for actually replying to this thread.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
it'd take a lot of work to do what you intend. i think the toughest barrier coming your way is the acceptance of your crazy tree hand by the common, average person. sure, we here at ATS, love your crazy tree hand...i personally have named all your fingers after my favorite cereals.

you have eight years to convince me you'd rock my presidential pants off.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It will be hard to be taken seriously having no government experience. Even if it's at a state or even city level, some sort of experience is pretty much necessary.

But then again, there are lots of interesting angles to use to get attention. You can say that you're like the "first president of the internet age" or something. Good publicity goes a long way. Wanna hire me?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I live in Canada so that kinda sucks a bit for you but if you happen to make it and have a lot of ATS members on your side, I wish and hope that you put a closure to this ridiculous cover up once and for all if it hasn't already been done by that year. So, from a Canadian perspective, you have my vote as of now!

Good luck and wish you the best!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Please don't take this as anti-American sentiment, because I love America and Americans. But I honestly believe if the USA still exists in 2016, it will not be as a democratic republic. But I do wish you all the best in your run for president.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You will not get my vote. Simply because I am an Aussie but if I were a Yank I would go for it.
Hey what have you got to lose?!??!

I lik eothers here would love to hear what you have to say on a number of topics, so give us a bit of a run down on what you have to offer.

Such as, if you got to the oval room ,how long would it take before area 51 was opened up like a tourist attraction? Would come back to the Loyal ATSers and confirm/deny all our questions?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I have seen a real UFO, I made a thread about it. My first order of business would be to find out if it was us or them.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
I'd give you a cookie for actually replying to this thread.

Welcome to ATS.

So, are you really providing cookies to replies, or is this another false promise from a hopeful politician?

I know this was a joke by you..... but don't ever make a promise that you can't / won't keep... or you're just another politician..

my .03 cents

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

I would hope the people would want something a little more fulfilling than a cookie. Such as peace of mind and a better way of life.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If you're serious about a run for the White House, good luck to you (for once, no sarcasm, which from me is a rarity).

Why should I, or anyone else, vote for you? It's not enough to say "Well, I'm not a Democrat or a Republican". It's not enough to promise "peace of mind and a better way of life". What do you believe in? What is your philosophy of government? What do you think is broken, and how will you fix it? What's your definition of "a better way of life"?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

I'll try to make a quick list.

Agriculture:
I think that with the outbreak of salmonella and other contaiminents being introduced to the food supply food should be more locally grown. I think this would save in fuel from shiping produce and give more people jobs. Hydroponic warehouses and stackable gardens need to be built nationwide with federal regulation to insure quality, this will also insure against catastrophe should a trucker strike or natural disaster occur.

Crime:
There needs to be a zero tolerance policy for violent offenders. These people pose the greatest risk to others and should not be given the revolving door option to go back out onto the streets to commit more crimes. I think a sterilization punishment should be implimented so that these individuals will not be able to pass on their deficient traits. This is also a deterant not to be a violent offender. The same applies to sex crime offenders. Drug laws need to be more relaxed and punishment for drug crimes need to be reduced. Imposing monatary penalties on drug offenders only leads them to commit robberies so I would say that a counceling program that includes productive, fun activities should be provided as most people turn to drugs out of boredom.

Abortion:
This is a touchy subject for a lot of people. Some say absolutely not and some say as many abortions as you please. To me, I say you get one abortion and then you must be sterilized. This is in the same respect that a person who misuses a firearm to injure someone accidentaly should have their gun taken away. If they enjoy sex but are not going to be responsible for their offspring then they won't be able to have any more offspring. There are too many people in the world today as it is and if you are willing to kill your children then you shouldn't have any more. This does not apply to rape victims or other forced preganacies. Both partners must also face this punishment, not just the woman. People need to take responsibility for their actions, especially recreational ones.

Guns:
If you're not guilty of a violent crime and can pass a psychological evaluation I say you can have any gun you please. This is America, after all and if guns are outlawed only the outlaws will have guns. To carry a firearm regularly on your person or in your vehicle will require a permit but will not interfere with your freedom to not be searched without just cause. Having a document of firearm ownership is not a just cause for search. Weapons in the home can remain undocumented.

Immigration:
My greatgrandfather immigrated to America and I think it is an honor that people think America is the land of opportunity. That said, there is a line of people waiting to get in and the natural born citizens need to be taken care of first. This means that in times of hardship we need to slow the immigration process down, not open the floodgates to import cheap labor. Illegal imigration needs to be stopped hands down. No exceptions, no excuses. Considering that there is the mindset that most illegal immigration comes from Mexico, America needs to help its southern neighbor in reinventing themselves to be more prosperous. There would not be people flocking across the border if Mexico was a great place to work and live. The majority of people who cross the border do it regularly, working here, going home and then coming back. It is a way of life, not a one time trip. This needs to end.

Education:
In every school district there needs to be two schools. One for the kids who want to learn and try to behave and the other for the bullies and people who make it their agenda to disrupt from productive learning. As you have seen on the news most of the school shooters claim that bullies have pushed them to the breaking point and I completely concur with this statement. No one should have to be harrassed by another and then be forced to remain in the same institution as them. It is the childs choice on which school they want to end up in based on their actions.

This is a starting list. If anyone has any further talking points they would like addressed please post them here. Also comment on this list or questions concerning it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
give me a green card, lots of money and I'll vote for you.

oh, and please don't forget about the money.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CzErased

I have a lot of support from people outside of the United States. It's sad that American's just don't care. It's even sadder with how apathetic Americans are when America thinks it can wag its dingle in everyones face.

I'm almost starting to wonder which country will liberate us.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Spoodily]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm in the UK, so no vote from me. But I wish you the best of luck regardless.

Can I ask what path you have planned out over the coming years? Will you be trying to gain some real political position and then use that to continue lobbying, or will you run entirely independantly (if that's something you can even do?)?

How will you spread your message? the net isn;t enough, look at Ron Paul.

What is your stance on war and terrorism, survelience of the masses and guantanimo bay?

Where you you like to lead America to be in the world, and what relations would you wish to have with the rest of the countries of the wordls?

Thanks for your time, and again, I wish you all the best, assuming your poliecies are not ridiculously unworkable...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
President Spoodily,

I really hesitate to answer a post like this. One never knows if it is just a game or not. Anyway, here goes.

1. Join a campaign. Work for a candidate. Knock on doors. Learn how to meet grass root voters.

2. Learn the competition (For example, and I have no secret inside information on this, but one candidate you might face would be (dare I mention it here?) Jeb Bush as the republican.

3. Stay away from what I call bumper sticker voters. These types of voters are agenda based and you cannot please everyone. Despite what many think "fringe" voters will never carry an election.

4. If your target voters are going to be voting for the first time what influences are they being subjected to in both the public and private school sector? Audit classes if you can on all three levels, specifically civics, history, government, etc. Get to know your voter base. Use the internet to educate them. Hell, they're probably all on Facebook right now!!!

5. Be careful with anyone under the age of 18 or your campaign is dead before it starts!!! LOL!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't know if I'll support you. What are your political positions.

You will have to convince me that you are going to do the right thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I'm a civiliantarian. I wrote some talking points a few posts up, underneath the banner.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
With all do respect, even if the country somehow was still aligned the current way it is, there is no way you could ever see the presidency. Nothing personal but my guess is you have no royal bloodlines, nor are you a Mason or Illuminati member (unless you are). If you have any of those three, you might have a small shot. Even if you had 95% of the popular vote it would not matter. Not trying to be a bubble burster just imo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join