It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously injured in fall, cops taser teen 19 times

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Seriously injured in fall, cops taser teen 19 times

rawstory.com

An injured teen from Ozark, Missouri who was tasered up to 19 times by police. Passing motorists called Ozark police out of concern for the teen as he walked along the busy overpass. When the police arrived, the young man was lying on the shoulder of the highway directly underneath the 30 foot high overpass with a broken back and foot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The cops tazed this kid with a broken back for not obeying them. Wtf is wrong with these pigs lately, do they think they can just taze everyone whom doesn't listen and follow their orders?

The kid had a broken back and commited no crimes, he need immediate help, not to be jolted to hell.

Then on top of the tazing, these lying pigs make some story about the kid saying "shoot the cops, kill the pigs". Yeah, like he was a big threat while lying on the pavement with a broken back.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
These effin' Taser tag-team patrols and their abuses of power these days...

What is about them? Is the thrill of electrocuting someone that great? Do you guys get off on the "buzzing" noise?

I swear these tasers should be banned, they're doing more harm than good. Stick to nightsticks and good old fashioned elbow grease.

"He refused to comply with the officers and so the officers had to deploy their Tasers in order to subdue him. He is making incoherent statements; he's also making statements such as, 'Shoot cops, kill cops,' things like that. So there was cause for concern to the officers."

Yeah right, the lone testimony of officers on accidental homicides in the line of duty has a very reputable history to it:

Officers Durden and Pérez entered 19-year old Ovando's apartment on 12 October 1996, and shot him, leaving him paralyzed.[2][3] According to their testimony later, they planted a gun on him and reported that the unarmed teenager had fired on them first.

en.wikipedia.org...

CRASH officers fired 10 rounds at Carlos Vertiz, a 44-year-old man with no criminal record, when they mistook him for a drug dealer. To justify the shooting, the officers planted a shotgun on the dying Vertiz and claimed he had pointed it at them.

en.wikipedia.org...

William J. Bergin, a Sandy, Oregon police officer and David. E. Willard, a Clackamas County deputy, arrived at the scene and attempted to subdue Kaady, who was naked and had severe burns all over his body. He was ordered to lie down on the ground, despite his injuries and the fact that he was barely aware of his surroundings. When Kaady resisted, the officers next attempted to handcuff him, then used a taser.

www.sandypost.com...

Police officers have the credibility of crocodile piss as far as I'm concerned, I'll wait for the eye-witness reports.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They said he was saying "shoot cops, kill cops"

It sounds like he was suicidal, jumped, and might very well have been asking the cops to kill him.

REGARDLESS... There is NO reason a Tazer should have been used at all... and 19 times??????

Christ was is wrong with these people?

I know we have some police on this board... rcw... what's your take on this?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Refused to comply?!!! With a broken back?! What did they want him to do, dance a little jig?

[snip] retard cops.

Notice to "good" cops: Turn in your shield or [snip] hang!

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums,

Terms And Conditions Of Use

[edit on 29/7/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

He is making incoherent statements

Probable head injury from the fall,
Cops still fried him oh that's rich thanks for the laugh I mean I feel for the kid but I think the cops just showed their IQ level on this one it makes me laugh even though it's a sad example of what our world has become.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Holy Sh##.

I don't even know what to say anymore man. Obviously cops do not care about serving and protecting the populace.

Whether you want to see it or not, there are a hell of alot more bad cops than there are good cops.

If you are a good cop your not helping anyone, just give it up before you start going on a tazing rampage.

Makes me wanna drink and drive.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by theendisnear69]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The real funny thing is these cops should know that in any case of a fall or crash, you do not move the victum because they might have a neck or back injury.

The tazer thing has got to stop, I am afraid they will tazer my pregnant wife if she gets pulled over for something, she has quite the attitude towards cops these days.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Does anyone know what kind of steps could be taken towards having an investigation launched towards having tazers removed from police officers? At the very least could they not just put a lower cap on the Voltage that runs through the tazer? This is out of control.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

I for one am against taking the taser away from the police. In most of these cases, they probably would have just shot the person instead. If they have the legal grounds to taze a person, they can shoot them legally as well. I would rather be tazed than shot any day of the week and on Sunday's too.

Also, at the very least, now that cops have gotten used to using it, taking them away would certainly result in a dramatic increase in shooting by police, since they have come to rely on them.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Scurvy

I for one am against taking the taser away from the police. In most of these cases, they probably would have just shot the person instead. If they have the legal grounds to taze a person, they can shoot them legally as well. I would rather be tazed than shot any day of the week and on Sunday's too.

Also, at the very least, now that cops have gotten used to using it, taking them away would certainly result in a dramatic increase in shooting by police, since they have come to rely on them.

How about we take the tazers away until they know how to use them right.

Policy should be that tazers are only used in the situation where a gun would be used. You would only pull the trigger on a tazer in the situation where you would pull the trigger on a gun. The difference, fewer dead people.

Any other use of a tazer should be criminal and punishable by termination of one's position on the force.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

It seems to me that the police have changed their motto from 'To protect and Serve' to 'To Harasss,Maim, and Kill, And Do Our Best To Fill The Courts With B.S. Cases To Collect Revenue From The Poorest People'.
Does anyone out there think that a celebrity or politician or rich buisness person would get tazed 19 times after falling from a bridge. I dont think so.
This is getting out of hand. Every day I hear another story about police going completely *ing overboard while pursing or detaining a suspect. Some of the unfortunates end up dead at the hands of the so called authorities. Many of them had no criminal records and were not actually breaking the law at the time of the incident. It has also been confirmed on some occasions that the officers planted weapons on these innocent people after the incident occured.
Here in Boise, Idaho, the police have a long and disturbing history when it comes to the use of force. They ALWAYS get away with it, Always. Not one dirty cop in Boise has ever been prosecuted for wrongful death.
If I werent a law abiding citizen then I would suggest that a forceful and decisive response to the "authorities" is in order. However I am a law abiding citizen and that is not the way to go.
I dont know what exactly the best course of action is, but I must re-iterate, something has to be done about this problem NOW.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I think that is part of the problem, they would otherwise shoot you. If they are going to use a tazer, they better damn well be ready to shoot someone with a bullet. The tazer is not to be used as a complience tool, dont these cops even try reasoning anymore?

The guy that was asked to get out of his minivan and tried to point to the speed limit sign was not threating the officer in any way, if you watch that famos video, you will see the cop pull out the tazer as the guy complies to come to the front of the cop car. That cop was pissed off from the begining and wanted to shoot him from the start.

I think they get a huge boner out of it, they got you right where they want you, in their control. If you even look at them funny they will taze you. I bet there are more bad tazer stories out there than are reported.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I really feel for the boy

these stories are getting far to common over there in the Divided States it's not a coincidence. I'll bet the IQ and education requirements for Enforcers of Obedience is not very stringent over there.
It seems as this is what is intended by your Dicktaker mister Bushy keeping you all in your wrightfull places under his shadow in fear and hate of everything and everyone

I don't know that I really blame Bush for all that is going on over there as it is you the people that let him do it. In fact you supported him in it and sacrificed your children for him because he wanted to play war

And you think the new puppet will be any better?

The sorry situation is In My opinion is that as every other country 'wants to Kill you' you need more protection so Bush says you need more Military bases every where more boarder control, more cops which results in lower entry requirements to be a cop, thus a more dumbed down version of police, more surveillance more invasions of other hopeless countries that can't even have running water let alone nuke your fat asses. 'Wake up call' NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU DO in your own country! No body wants to take your Freedom as you never had it to begin with.

And along comes the angry Patriot to flame me
and put me straight and share some of your Americas brand of love with me

I'm sorry to paint a broad brush here but there is alot of you and you can't all be that bright apart from a few. all things considered

Peace and Love to all

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

You cant blame Bush at all, even though I've seen him blamed for everything under the sun.

You can blame Liberals, most cops are blue collar, undereducated and they are controled for the most part by liberal mayors, governers and other politicians.

Take Chicago for example, liberal, dumbassed mayor for more than 14 yrs now and the crime rate, murder rate is more than those that die in wars. Chicago has around 800 homicides a yr, 4,000 died in Iraq. In the same amount of time on the streets of Chicago, there have been more deaths than in Iraq. Chicago cops are some of the worst people on the planet, they just dont get caught too often.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by stinkhorn]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

I bet there are more bad tazer stories out there than are reported.

Funny you should mention that. That is precisely why I decided to share this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, aparrently SiteAdmin has removed the original thread, but you'll get the picture I think, from the linked update. Feel free to ask any questions you might have there.

EDIT to add: Original link restored to active...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Hey Jack, I read your story a while back, probably one of the first ones i saw on ATS. You got screwed.

Something happened to me when i was 13, long story short, cops came to my parents house, told me they needed to ask me some questions about a kid getting tripped and hitting his head.

I was the one they were looking for because 2 people pointed the finger at me. No, i didnt do it, but the cops were damn sure i did even though at the time this happen, I was across the street and about 100yrds in front of the action.

The cop litterally pulled me out of my chair chair in the hall and whipped my into a chair in his office. The cop then locked the door and turned on a radio pretty loud. He took off his cap and shirt and told me to hit him...

I said "you want me to hit you, why would i do that?" he started yelling about me being some tough assed bully who picks on kids. I told him I knew nothing and that I was not stupid, I would not swing at him. I remember his fetid breath, coffee and cigs as he was spitting words at me in a tyrade. I just sat there knowing if I made any move at all, he would strike me and call it self defense.

I told the pig I knew what he was trying to do and that I was not some stupid kid, i knew my rights, especially since we just went over them the other day in social studies class. I picked up his phone and yelled help, he put his shirt and cap back on and unlocked the door, when another cop came into the room, he just smiled with his yellow teeth.

The truth came out, it was another kid who did it, we had the same jackets, same hair color, same size, same eye color except, this other kid had a record already. he admitted it right sway, I never got an apology.

I read in the paper about 2 yrs ago that this same cop was commited to a metal hospital for observation, he did the same thing to another kid except this kid had to be hospitalized, 2 broken arms, broken orbital socket and skull fractures. the cop stated he fell and hit the desk tripping over the chair to strike him. All cops are a joke.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow this is gross. These police should get the # kicked out of them and then tazed. The sad thing is the report says there isnt even a debate whether it was lawful to use the tazers. The police state is getting out of hand.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Freakin pigs aka cops suffer from diss-associative disorder where they are psychopaths with weaponry to torture at will.

Nazi con Cop to a little kid, taser or bullet, which will it be. We don't care your situation, pain is in the air for thee. Tell us how to serve you, what we do best, taser or a bullet, just let us know which.

The cops at the top condone this behavior by not disciplining these pyscho clowns cause thats exactly what they'd do to the citizen.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I don't think they were lying when he said "Shoot the pigs!" after all he knew as he lay seriously injured THEY WERE TRYING TO KILL HIM so he had the right to have someone kill the assaultant. In defense of self or other IT IS OUR RIGHT!!! And if I was his mom, and had showed up, that is exactly what would have happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join