It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: Crossing the Event Horizon.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
didnt one of the North poles flip in the 90's also?

Erh, it takes 2 poles to do a flip
. That is what the whole deal is about that, the northpole and southpole will magnetically switch sides. So one pole doing a flip is, well, impossible.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

What that person was talking about was it is on scientific record that the poles have "slipped". Slipping is part of active pole shifting cycle. Not all pole shifts are pole reversal. Actually I don't think I know of an actual pole reverse. What happens when poles shift is mostoften the poles move to a new location some where on the earth. Think of it as the arab states could become the new north pole. This I've said to show the drastic changes can be.

I've often thought about making a thread about it. Can you Imagine what treasures await mankind under the poles? It might be that the south pole is a massive pice of land with wonderious structures already in place.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is definitely interesting. I saw the year that just so happens to coincide with my graduation and BA. I heard a prediction a few years ago that there will be great mental something and psychologists will be in great demands in the year 2012.

I remember bits and pieces of ancient world history lessons: Ancient societies predicted the end of the world and my addition has always been "as we know it" and not necessarily the physical end.

My father did some "unofficial" study about gravity and stood by the claim that gravity has a positive and a negative and we (the universe) are in the negative being "pushed" toward a positive that will eventually result in another big bang. He had some wild ideas of trying to harness "positive" gravity to use it for space travel and communication that would be faster than light. He kept saying that it would alter existence "life as we know it will cease". He died before explaining to me in a way I could understand what in the world he was talking about. (BTW, he explained wormholes/blackholes as pockets of low emission positive gravity.)

A couple years after his rants, I saw the movie "Event Horizon" and just chalked up his rants as part of a crazy movie review. There is a fine line between genius and insane, but I must acknowledge, the man was a genius and did design many things that are still in use today. Maybe he was on to something. He was a mechanical engineer.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Do you know Nassim Haramein's theory well?
If you do please tell me how it is that he never mentions the dark forces that are in place here to subdue the human capacity to enlightenment?
I have watched some of his presentation online and find him a little shy to pinpoint the real forces behind the obstruction of knowledge.
This knowledge of the real name of God, that he present is somehow very materialistic.
What are your thoughts about it?
As for 2012, it is obvious that something big is in process, whether we are prepare nor not.
If people don’t see the changes in the politics alone they can see the changes in the climate rapidly exceeding all former prediction from scientist.
Kacou.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i keep feeling that every week that goes by seems to move faster and faster. its almost august now! some people might say it is just perspective, but i really think time is moving faster and will continue to move faster the closer we get.

im no physicist but i think gravity and time are supposed to be related somehow. if we are crossing this gravitation field it would make sense to me because i really believe time is moving faster.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Things like parranoia, fear, anger and hate aimed toward the boogymen of "Them" is the wrong path to follow. "They" are everyone including yourself if you follow the negitive "dark side". "They" don't really exist, they are a boogyman the confusion creates to keep you from the light. After 2012 everything will be alright for those that do not pick a side here and now. Every "side" thinks they are the right ones.

I've had dreams and visions too countless to number and too vast to rehash.

2012 is the real "end of the world". You already expressed understanding. Many get confused by the term "end of the world" meaning the end of the planet. This Planet isn't "the world". A world map isn't a map of the geography of the planet. A world map is the way the kingdoms of mankind have cut the land into "this is mine, that belongs to THEM".

Every culture has pieces to this puzzle. To exclude understanding from one as automaticlly "wrong" only leads to your own blindness or lack of understanding in the fuller picture of the puzzle.

Some cultures say this is the end of the fourth, some say it is the end of the fifth, but they both agree there has been X number of worlds before this one. There are many ways of looking at it, but it all boils down to this. Some 200 thousand years ago there were alien beings sent to this planet to help mankind. They did not stick to the plan in stead doing what they felt was best. Their selfish deeds lead them to fall. These are known as the fallen angels, Nephilim and other names. Their deviance lead them to become mortal. They started a trap of karma reincarnation so that they might live on without judgement. It has taken thousands upon thousands of years to cleanse the planet.

They are not the bad guys. They are just mislead. For you to sit upon judgement of their actions is for you to get sucked into their trap of reincarnation through the error of your karma. Pointing a finger outside yourself and saying "THEY are the evil ones" is the wrong path to follow.

There is only one source and center to all of creation and that is the "father" to all of creation. Our "God", the first source and center of all of creation, is father to me, to you and to THEM. In the end each gets the reward they deserve.

the fallen angels, are not the "aliens" that exist in understanding now. The fallen were made mortal and they have died and were reborn as "humans". Although there are "aliens" that are still in error, this doesn't mean all "aliens" are in error.

The date of 2012 is the peek of the events. It's associated with the alignment of our solarsystem with the "dark riff". However that is only due to our system crossing the galatic center plain. The Crossing actually takes 7 years. This is the seven years of tribulation in the bible. The seven years are broken up into 3.5 year periods of us moving toward and then away from the alignement. This puts the begin of this mid 2009.

The best spiritual teachings at the moment can be found in "The Urantia Book". Don't confuse this book with christianisms. It isn't. The Urantia book deals in all races and religious understandings. Don't Judge a book by the cover

Any Questions? I'm here.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
You didn’t answer my question..Did you?
The best spiritual teaching is in me and all around me, I don’t need a book, a church or someone to tell me where my fear and joy come from.
Patronizing is a sign of duality, with your long post you have not succeeded to shade some light at why the name God in the Old Testament is a translation to a geometrical system which Nassim Haramein is referring to in his video. Which will imply a highly materialistic doctrine?

Kacou.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou
really i dont think theres anything to be worried about because the last time there was supposedly an alignment was 6450 years ago the beggining of us as we know it, so how can anyone say that we will align with the centre of our galaxy in 2011 or 2012 when the cycles take place every 25800 years whatever its meant to be, theres no proof but just theories and fiction even if we aligned with the centre whos to say anything will happen as its supposed to have happened many times before? hmmmmm i can smell another book coming on

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states
reply to post by kacou
really i dont think theres anything to be worried about because the last time there was supposedly an alignment was 6450 years ago the beggining of us as we know it, so how can anyone say that we will align with the centre of our galaxy in 2011 or 2012 when the cycles take place every 25800 years whatever its meant to be, theres no proof but just theories and fiction even if we aligned with the centre whos to say anything will happen as its supposed to have happened many times before? hmmmmm i can smell another book coming on

We never align with the center of our galaxy....

Two lines!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

touche

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states
reply to post by kacou

The Great Year is about 25800. This can be broken down into 12 "great months" that are the ages. A great year can also be broken down into four "Great Seasons" like the seasons of our years. A great season is about 6450 years.

This is not theory. Go study some Astronomy.

Moreover!

The about time of 25800 years broken down into 12 signs is 2150. A sign can be broken down into 30 degrees that equates to about 72 years to a degree. By subtracting a degree, "the cusp", you end up with about 2075 years.

If you don't see where I'm going with this then I'm sorry for you...

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'll try to explain what is going on.

We live on a planet that is in our solarsystem around our sun. Our solarsystem is on an arm of our galaxy. The Galaxy spins. The arm of our galaxy that our solarsystem is in can be thought of as a tube. as the galaxy spins so too does the tube arm. As the tube arm spins our solarsystem floats around in space in a circle pattern around the tube of the arm of our galaxy. To go full circle around the tube of the arm takes about 26000 years. That period is known as a "great year". Twice in that period we pass through the center most part of the galaxy. This passing takes about 7 years. The center most part of the galaxy can be thought of as a record. half the great year we're below the record and half the great year we're above the record. Twice in a great year we pass through the record. There is extra gravational activity in this time.

The last time we passed though the record is about as far back as we can view history.

The End of the World doesn't mean the end of the planet. It doesn't mean the end of life on the planet. The world is a map or how mankind has cut up the land masses into kingdoms on the planet. It's this that will "end".

Global death tolls are estimated to be 80-92% of the world's population.
The process takes about 7 years. The high of the activity is based around the 2012 date.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Sorry if this report may seem redundant but I do like to refine the statement to cut away as much slack as I can.

Our Planet is part of our solar system and it is part of our galaxy. We reside on a spiral arm that is of itself a sideways vortex. Our system rides a spiraling, circular, spinning arm and the process takes about 26000 years. Twice in that time we pass through the galactic equator, and it is a disk shaped massive gravitational force. Gravity is known to effect not only physical mass but also psychological state of mind. The passage takes seven years and it runs from around May2009-May2016. It is the passage of our system through the gravitational disk. It’s the disk that is the engine that drives the galaxy itself and the 2012 phenomenon. The end of the world is the end of a “world” cycle, and not of humanity nor the planet, but the end of the world is as deadly as it sounds.

The Mayan Calendar is not a prediction, it is a pointer. It’s pointing toward the galactic horizontal crossing. This crossing is going to be particularly bad because we’re already in flux of both a magnetic and geographical pole shifting. Along side of that we’re also passing the closest to the sun that we have in 4000 years and the solar max cycle is without understanding of the 2012 phenomenon already speculated to be the worst modern man has ever seen. There are over 3 dozen pointers of science, history and prophecy all pointing at 2012. This is a real phenomenon. Such things as the Malachy Pope Prophecy that lists 111 popes until the end of the world has aligned itself with Nostradamus, Cayce and other prophets not excluding biblical. All this is far more then coincidence or chance. This one Is Real!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Fascinating.

The way I've always interrupted 2012 is not "End of the World" and a great capitulation of mankind, hell fire and brimstone, Sodom and Gomorrah, game over but "End of an age".

What the Mayan calendar actually states.

The end of a Great Cosmic Year does not translate into mass death of all known life - it never has. This blog is pretty interesting;

We are about to enter what is called the final Fifth Night of the Mayan Calendar. This occurs around the third week of this November and lasts for several years (I think until 2010 or 2011 - although some may argue this). The Fifth Night as a patterning is considered a time of destruction where the old way of doing things is overturned, making way for a new order. During previous Fifth Nights, historically, the following occurred: the Dark Ages, the Great Depression, Nazism, Stalinism, the Holocaust, WWII, the Korean War, the dropping of the atomic and hydrogen bombs. It has been predicated for this last "gasp" of Fifth Night energy, we may see the collapse of the international monetary system and the beginning of the end to values mediated by the left hemisphere of the brain. Following the Fifth Night, we then enter a period of Renaissance, the beginning of the Sixth Day and the flowering of unity consciousness.

Read more - 2012

As for 2013, we could enter a glorious stage upon this Earth - a single government and world religion (if you believe the other theories) and some new age movements predict the modern "first contact".

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
i keep feeling that every week that goes by seems to move faster and faster. its almost august now! some people might say it is just perspective, but i really think time is moving faster and will continue to move faster the closer we get.

im no physicist but i think gravity and time are supposed to be related somehow. if we are crossing this gravitation field it would make sense to me because i really believe time is moving faster.

And now it's december. Time really is going by so fast, so many other people I talk to also notice this too. Strange?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I think you have your terms mixed up. The event horizon is the point in which matter begins to tear itself apart towards the mighty gravitational pull of a black hole.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

No, you mistake my use of the term. Although you are correct in some ways, disregarding a "black hole" it is the point where any orbiting body starts breaking up due to the overwealming grasp of the gravity pull of more dense object, be that planet or blackhole.

However that term is not only in use in such a way. The term is really a blanket term to refer to a point of an event where stuff starts happening.

However in speaking about astrological terms, I can see where my use of such a blanketed term was not approprate. Thanks for the pointing out. It can out of contextual useage add to the confusion of an already confusing topic.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Greetings. I thought I might add this in. The Mayans had 1 pendant with 85 loops surrounding the earth which represent sun spot cycles. According to this mayan legend changes here on earth are substantiated by this eleven year sunspot cycle. So there are eleven pendants and four arrows going through the earth representing four previous ages.

85x11x4=3,740 which is equal to an age or 1,366,040 days which represents the time when the suns magnetic field shifts, so it could be very much like crossing over into a different spiritual plane or dimension. Alpha and Omega. The Universe is infinite and ever repeating like the mandelbrot set.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A lot of people don't know what will happen infact I only think maybe around 10-100 people really know what may happen. I always said to know the truth or get close to the truth you would have to look back very long ways. The Mayan Calander and all that is one of the oldest. I do believe in 2012 something will happen if not sooner. A lot say it is the moment of Awakenings. The remnents of the Nephilim will be. Others about the dead sea scrolls with the warriors of light and of darkness. From all that I been through and I feel and I have looked up. I always said there would be a war and it would be as a last winter. Somewhat like Ragnarok. Hence 2012 which is winter. Those who can feel it in the night as I know. I believe that there will be a war. Not like how it is now. It would be somewhat as midevil. Perhaps Spiritual but by the time 2012 everyone would have thier parts awakened and can... See. I beleive there are a few of us here that are Chosen. Chosen for the war. Some of us are of old as I believe. Some of us are even decendants of others. But only time will tell who is right about it all. All I know is that it will be of war. As I will be taking part in this for I may just be a brute or I may be something worse.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by Harman

What that person was talking about was it is on scientific record that the poles have "slipped". Slipping is part of active pole shifting cycle. Not all pole shifts are pole reversal. Actually I don't think I know of an actual pole reverse. What happens when poles shift is mostoften the poles move to a new location some where on the earth. Think of it as the arab states could become the new north pole. This I've said to show the drastic changes can be.

I've often thought about making a thread about it. Can you Imagine what treasures await mankind under the poles? It might be that the south pole is a massive pice of land with wonderious structures already in place.

Howdy
I have been trying to follow this thread from the very start with little success. No doubt my lack of understanding the subject matter. Your last paragraph has me completely stumped. I simply do not understand how the continual ebb and flow of the magnetic pole has a connection to what may be under the south pole. The geographic poles and associated climatic conditions ( to the best of my knowledge ) will remain. The magnetic N. pole could wind up in Africa, although I believe it is currently headed toward Russia. So what am I missing? Thanks

<< 1    3 >>

join