It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Harry Potter Initiating Children Into Magic, Wicca, Witchcraft & Satanism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Is Winnie the Pooh trying to iniate children into the ways of worshipping 'hunny' and bouncing around like Tigger whilhst fearing the dreaded 'heffalump' in the Ten Acres wood.Answer-NO- get a bloody life pal and don't even entertain these loony Christian claptrap ideas.I saying that we have a Harry Potter wand and broomstick in the house and my daughter has a Harry Potter dressing gown-are we all going to hell?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss
Is Winnie the Pooh trying to iniate children into the ways of worshipping 'hunny' and bouncing around like Tigger whilhst fearing the dreaded 'heffalump' in the Ten Acres wood.Answer-NO- get a bloody life pal and don't even entertain these loony Christian claptrap ideas.I saying that we have a Harry Potter wand and broomstick in the house and my daughter has a Harry Potter dressing gown-are we all going to hell?

Why of Course your going hell!!!! hahahaha

You Know I read harry potter and I just LOOOOVVVVEEE Satan now!!

I hate people with ideas like that!! Of Course someone said the Spells in Harry Potter work, WORK?!?!?!?! That was the saddest attempt at latin in the history of Knowing latin!!

Trust me as a proven witch Nothing from the book even remotely smalls like working!!

P.S. Love the Christian Claptrap Candy!!! well friggin put

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss
Is Winnie the Pooh trying to iniate children into the ways of worshipping 'hunny' and bouncing around like Tigger whilhst fearing the dreaded 'heffalump' in the Ten Acres wood.Answer-NO-

oh, i needed that laugh

one thing of poo that is inspriring is the TAO of pooh, such a great book

a must read

[edit on 28-7-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow...another crazy "is ________ influencing people to _______" thread.
Does everyone who watches horror movies want to go and kill?
Does everyone who watches crime movies want to go and rob a bank?

NO! Obviously some people are just absolutely mental, they could watch a horror movie or brutal fight in a movies and want to go and carry this out...they are seriously ill and would do it anyway.

Anybody who knows the difference between right and wrong, legal and illegal, fantasy and reality will be fine watching harry potter or cannibal holocaust or fight club....

Made me think of this, don't know why?

"I just want to understand this, sir. Every time a rug is micturated upon in this fair city, I have to compensate the owner?"

[edit on 28/7/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Glad I gave people a laugh in these times of doomage.The only reason I posted on this subject was I watched a very strange programme on British TV recently about some kind of Christian Fundamentalist summercamp for kids.From what I could see the only thing the kids got from attending was the traumatsiation that they would be going to hell.Great fun for the kiddies!What stuck in my mind was a scene where (ironically)a burly lesbian looking lady was shouting"If Harry Potter lived today he would be burnt at the stake!"to a room full of weeping children.What on earth goes on in these peoples head's?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I am sure I will be flamed to pieces for saying this but it is my opinion:

I think that if a child is too young to yet determine reality from fantasy, such as those who still believe in Santa and the Easter bunny, not that everyone tells their kids about those characters, but to arrive at an age, those children do not need to be exposed to such.

Older children are very impressionable, I myself and many of my adult friends dabled with witchcraft as young teens, influenced by movies and tv to do so, otherwise we would have only had stories of old Salem taught in elementary school to go by when the idea of a witch arose, and that was not interesting at all, but those witches in the movies were!

Yeah, Harry Potter might provide children with a few life lessons that they can apply to real life, and I hope that it does not inspire kids to become witches, parents should make sure they understand that it is not reality, just a story, but personally, I would find other methods of teaching my kids the lessons instead of leaving it up to Harry and his buddies.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by space cadet]

No I am not a bible toting christian. I am not a book burner. I am for responsible viewing and that is all.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
there was one real problem with the HP merchandise, a while back they came out with a broom stick that vibrated... not to many happy with that idea...

[edit on 28-7-2008 by scorand]

Agreed, Though alot of housewives were happy. (Boing I am so gonna get bounced!!!)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I am sure I will be flamed to pieces for saying this but it is my opinion:

I think that if a child is too young to yet determine reality from fantasy, such as those who still believe in Santa and the Easter bunny, not that everyone tells their kids about those characters, but to arrive at an age, those children do not need to be exposed to such.

Older children are very impressionable, I myself and many of my adult friends dabled with witchcraft as young teens, influenced by movies and tv to do so, otherwise we would have only had stories of old Salem taught in elementary school to go by when the idea of a witch arose, and that was not interesting at all, but those witches in the movies were!

Yeah, Harry Potter might provide children with a few life lessons that they can apply to real life, and I hope that it does not inspire kids to become witches, parents should make sure they understand that it is not reality, just a story, but personally, I would find other methods of teaching my kids the lessons instead of leaving it up to Harry and his buddies.

No I am not a bible toting christian. I am not a book burner. I am for responsible viewing and that is all.

Interesting post.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

All I have to say to these Chritian fundies. Read the damn Bible. Especially the story about Moses.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The Harry Potter books are not more than harmless fun. As a child I was very much into Wicca, Werewolves, Vampires, Gothic literature, and the like. I'm still very much a Christian, though.

There is a big difference between fantasy and reality. Kids know this.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Harry Potter leads kids in to socery as much as bugs bunny makes kids want to be a cartoon.

There is no logic in these kinds of statements.

Does watching a Benji video make your kid a dog?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Bible thumpers have been saying this garbage since the first harry potter book came out. Before that it was Buffy. Before that, xmen. Basically anything that doesnt embrace the idea of god is driving people to evil, in their mind.

Bottom line, christians will blame anything they can rather than face the fact that we are moving into a generation that is too smart for archaic stories and metaphors.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I also just have to laugh at the absolute naivite of all the people on here putting "wicca" and "sorcery" in the same boat.

While I am not going to bother to describe it to everyone, Wicca is about a love of the earth and blending of energies.

To talk about "sorcery" just goes to show that people sure do like to talk about things that they have not a clue about.

Edit to add: Satanism? For someone to be "initiated" into satanism, one must believe in satan. Wiccans believe in no such thing. Man, some people are ignorant.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

[edit on 8/28/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by antar

funny you say that, my aunt is hard core christian and she, of all people bought a HP book just to take to a burning of the books firing

A Book Burning????

You can't be serious. Where in the world does that kind of crap still go on?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What a crock When I was a kid it was The Lord of the Rings and we drove our teachers nuts by learning Middle English and using it to take notes and talk in.

Harry Potter is great. A down trodden kid gets to be a hero. As far as I could see the story line made it very clear what the difference is between good and evil, and that is what matters.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
The video in the article posted below claims that the Harry Potter series of books and movies is leading our children into things such as sorcery, curses, black magic, demon possession, witchcraft and satanism:

shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com...

What is your opinion about the material the video presents? Should we let our kids read and watch Harry Potter?

I have four kids...

Harry Potter....NO, they have no interest...

The Lion, witch and wardrope...yes

Lord of the rings...yes

===

They even like M Night...Six Sense, Unbreakable, and the crop circle/mel gibson thing...can't think of the name, sorry...

Great question!!!

You have an ability to get folks energized with your posts....goood job!

OT out!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If they come to my house to burn my harry Potter books that's fine with me.

Because i'll just use a Petronus charm on them and then use my Port Key to go elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
well first off when i was little i was reading the first book of harry potter and i stopped b/c my mother and grandmother told me it was evil, coincidentaly now im a practicing witch and no just by reading a harry potter book you cannot be initiated into "magick", it just bothers me how many ppl on ats can still be so close minded even thought just the threads on this sight prove points and discoveries past the christian area.

satanists are not evil, if anyone is evil its the ppl that beleive in it b/c they create that mindset in there subconscious in which they respond to a paranoia of what they are programmed to think is evil and act on it, if anything look at pagans witch's and satanists as the best ppl in the world, although aleister crowley did meditate on jehova and saw the greys in its place, doesnt it tell you something?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I would have to say anyone who is a praticing Jew, Christian or Muslim (Abrahamic faiths) is not allowed to experiment with the magical arts, which includes watching it. (We can exclude fake parlor tricks.)
This includes fortune telling, consulting of spirits, casting spells and astrology. So if you don't believe in any of the holy writings of the above religions you are free to do as you please.

I believe real magic works. Just try out a Ouija board and you'll see someone else is sharing the planet with us (I don't recommend it.) The reason why the god of the Abrahamic faiths forbid the use of majical arts is because the power comes from his rebellious sons. So says the bible at least.

I think the Christian faiths are getting a little lax on the issue of spiritism lately. However, I think the Salem witch trials were the product of extreme Christians gone mad.

<< 1   >>

join