It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: The average American loves the French enormously

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Ignorance? Hardly.

So now I'll ask you this time, then why are the french using all those American products? Obviously, no one is forcing them to. They are choosing to do so of their own free will. They must have what seems like a good reason (to them) for doing so. Sounds like some people here still have those BS ideas that led to french laws making it illegal for foreign words to "creep" into the french language.

Sorry comrade, but there's some ignorance still around there methinks.

In France American products are essentially CULTURAL : in supermarket almost 100% of foods, drinks and furnitures of sorts are home made. More and more UE, of course.

Except for Ford cars : crowd of fiesta in little cities
. Some 4x4 in big town also. (lol again...)

The cultural point is easy to understand, and if you digg the above quoted Stay Behind, Ford Foundation and Rockefeller Foundation, you'll quickly discover that France was, and still is for some reason, the first wargame place where US placed all kind of cultural and secret agents aimed to infiltrate unions, highschools, universities and administration just to counter-attack against the Communist influence (keep in mind that the French Communist Party still exists).

The case of the EHESS (Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales) is a parangon : the school, that's still the most influencial social university and research center in France, was almost entirely founded by Ford (mostly) and Rockefeller Foundation. The goal was to install a kind of big pro-West think tank in the heart of the french capital, and heck it worked : still now you have many ancient or so called lefty "intellectuals" that support largely the Neocons, specially on such bs as Irak wars or the so-called War on Terror (ah Ossama that good friend from Carlyle...).

The *best thing* was that the EHESS practically destroyed the leadership that had the very ancient, and very french, EPHE, from which it was supposed to come, - a school where used to work guys like Levi-Strauss, Mircea Eliade, Georges Dumezil, Emile Durkheim and so on.

Of coursely EHESS (note this strange name
) saw all its main programs oriented american/western culture.

As for the media, i've grown up with craps like Magnum, Dallas, SantaBarbara, all sort of "Marvels", Mickey Mouse and Donald Ducks flooding libraries, what do I know (never really watched those so sad things - sorry for their ATS lovers - cultural gap probably... you name it). The same for movies, where all blockbusters still plays in most theater untill today (fortunately France found a way to make money from it to finance its own cinema - another french invetion, by the way)

Oh, and U.S. wines have started to beat french wines in blind taste tests - with french judges.

Same thing : pure BS, just like those pseudo Dentist Associations that claims to promote this or that brand of chewing-gum, and which are all made up by the very firms who produce those aspartamy chews.

Pure lobbying... à la Ricaine !

Edit : some stuff above and : Big Kudos to french supporters here, specially about history of US. Kudos and Rigel's Légion d'Honneur !

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Rigel]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel

The cultural point is easy to understand, and if you digg the above quoted Stay Behind, Ford Foundation and Rockefeller Foundation, you'll quickly discover that France was, and still is for some reason, the first wargame place where US placed all kind of cultural and secret agents aimed to infiltrate unions, highschools, universities and administration just to counter-attack against the Communist influence (keep in mind that the French Communist Party still exists).

Oh, I thought you were being serious until I read this last part.
Really seriously, IF we for any reason decided that we needed to waste people on "infiltrating french high schools", etc. it would be to punish the people we sent there. Kind of like being transferred to Greenland if you are in the military.

Oh, and U.S. wines have started to beat french wines in blind taste tests - with french judges.

Same thing : pure BS, just like those pseudo Dentist Associations that claims to promote this or that brand of chewing-gum, and which are all made up by the very firms who produce those aspartamy chews.

Pure lobbying... à la Ricaine !

Sorry, but you are wrong again, mon ami. From a well respected wine publication:

California trounces france ...

A handful of venerable Californian wines have once again beaten their French counterparts - in a re-run of the Paris Tasting of 1976.

Against all expectations the Cabernets – Ridge Monte Bello 1971, Stag's Leap Wine Cellars 1973, Mayacamas 71, Heitz 70 and Clos du Val 72 – were voted superior to their rivals in Bordeaux.

Don't dispair, however, you can still fall back on your truffels. That is until the muslim influx succeeds in banning the use of pigs to go find them.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
1. Read again, or be serious while answering dude.

2. BS : Lobbying, aka Chewing-gum Principle.

3. Don't worry about our muslims : they were knock down a millenium ago by the Martel guy, and now do love France more than many French themselves. Yeah, somewhat a dispressed nation after fifty years of US bootsy rootsy footsy. However Sarko as the MiniBush he is (intelligence apart) if not NeoNapoleon manages to pump up the nazion-fiber for those who like it. Not to mention his wifey's worldish bitchy fame that renew the so classy frenchy glamour.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Only thing where europe still has us beat IMO is chocolates.

Haha, You got that right.

Us Anglos are still in the Dark Ages compared to what the Europeans are doing with their chocolates, I don't think we'll ever catch up.

So now I'll ask you this time, then why are the french using all those American products?

You got a source for that or just another generalisation?
The Americans ain't the only nationalistic patriots left on the planet. I think you'll find the French have a high sense of pride and ego about their culture and history and achievements.

I would really like to see where you got that from.

sounds like some people here still have those BS ideas that led to french laws making it illegal for foreign words to "creep" into the french language.

Here's a little list you might want to take a look at:
English Words of French Origin

All 1,600 of them. How's that for creeping into your language?

Give the French a break man, the Anglo culture from which you descend and America was primarily based upon is in essence descended from France.

1066 ring a bell? Norman invasion of the British Isles? The Anglos meeting the Saxons.
Mmmm I thought so; perhaps some history will refresh your memory?

Sorry, but you are wrong again, mon ami. From a well respected wine publication:

A handful of venerable Californian wines

I stopped reading after that sentence...

So a few bottles of Californian Grapes taste better then a few French ones and suddenly the French are uncivilised, backwards, ignoramuses?

Hah. Do you know how many French wines there are?
Look THAT up.

Quit the generalisations and piss weak bickering, show me some verifiable proof and then I'll believe you.

[edit on 25/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Last reply here.

To the title of this thread. I'm sure Obama is wrong when he says that the average American loves france. I would bet the majority would fall into either the don't like france category, or the don't care about france one way or the other.

So, before anyone takes Obama's statement (this one or any other) to heart, please keep in mind that he is the consumate panderer and france is just the one currently on the receiving end. Hint: pay close attention to what he tells the Brits and germans and compare that with what he told you.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
[edit on 25/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

OK, just one more.

My source is the OP and all the other posts here by the OP Rigel.

No one said the french are "are uncivilised, backwards, ignoramuses" - except you. I merely commented that the french were being beaten at their own game.

Do YOU know how many U.S. wines there are?

Whether you choose to believe anything is beyond my scope of caring.

[edit on 7/25/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Firstly, your US wines, dudes , are Merlot, Sauvignon, etc. So French Cépage, so French Wines. The methodes are bought to/stolen from French viticultors. Your Yankee Rednecks are just like Chinese making crap out from euro-models. And for perhaps three wines vaguely good in all the US vigns, you have hundred of excellentissime wines that are not marketed because the guys simply don't care, who are not yankee dollars obsessed merchants.

Your shadowy tasty wet-shirt competition was obsiously a CIA operation. Period.

About your own comments regarding mines, you did flamed French in a way that your sig, name and titles in my eyes simply explain : SPQR, Roman Empire, American BS Empire, so on.

Keep dreaming of your sweet totalitarian Centurionesque Mondocratie, dude. While it's still time.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Keep dreaming of your sweet totalitarian Centurionesque Mondocratie, dude. While it's still time.

While you keep dreaming that france still matters.
Obama wouldn't give your country the time of day on his big european trip. Even I have to applaud him for having that much common sense.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Rigel,We were working to install the Fiber Optic multiplexers for the long distance telecommunications through out the EU. At that time we were in France. Working with the French telecommunication employees were worse than working with people in the Unions here in the U.S.

It was very difficult in getting anything done on time...we had specific time to operate as many time we had to bring down telecommunications in large areas for short windows of time.Usually late at night....they just did not want to work more than their standard time frames.

[edit on 7/25/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Read a little history, the CIA had these kinds of operations all over Europe during the Cold War, they were put in place at the end of WW2 to keep European countries from joining the Soviet Bloc and counter pro-Soviet political parties.

It was the other (unacknowledged) side of the Marshall Plan coin.

Read up on the Congress for Cultural Freedom, just one of many CIA front groups established all over Europe for this purpose.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Read a little history, the CIA had these kinds of operations all over Europe during the Cold War, they were put in place at the end of WW2 to keep European countries from joining the Soviet Bloc and counter pro-Soviet political parties.

It was the other (unacknowledged) side of the Marshall Plan coin.

Read up on the Congress for Cultural Freedom, just one of many CIA front groups established all over Europe for this purpose.

If so, what a successful operation that turned out to be. Neither county's peoples seem to like each other much. And if the CIA hadn't done that, the french people would have been no doubt thrilled to have traded nazi occupiers for soviet occupiers for another 50 years of oppression like all the eastern european countries did.
Read that part of history while you're at it.

Seriously, what on earth are you complaining about here? That the U.S. helped save you from the germans AND the soviets?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Rigel,We were working to install the Fiber Optic multiplexers for the long distance telecommunications through out the EU. At that time we were in France. Working with the French telecommunication employees were worse than working with people in the Unions here in the U.S.

It was very difficult in getting anything done on time...we had specific time to operate as many time we had to bring down telecommunications in large areas for short windows of time.Usually late at night....they just did not want to work more than their standard time frames.

[edit on 7/25/2008 by CaptGizmo]

Yes... French "fonctionnaires", people as you know who works for public services & administrations, are blamed for doing nothing (right view and private workers in general) and wildly defended by unions and lefties. Sarkozy is currently drastically reducing all kind of public organisations, from army to hospital, schools et al, just switching also the all country in some sort of ultra-liberal space, consistently in so with his own political tradition. I'm not sure though that's good move at all, while the "french model" is one of the most social, and still rather good working, of the entire world (free universities, free medical cares, even free money for not-workers !). Helas or not, the liberal wind is blowing hard.

Note : France Telecom have been more or less made private some years ago, but even if you get there recently - well, must be hard for some to awaken...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
First of all, I'm an American, not a European.

Second of all, I'm not complaining, I'm simply pointing out a historical fact.

The Soviets did pretty much the same kind of thing, it was par for the course during the Cold War, especially the postwar era in Europe.

You mocked Rigel for pointing out a fact, I am simply pointing out that his assertion was totally correct.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I've not read all the posts, but us British don't like them much, despite the fact that our leaders told us this was not the way 100 years ago. Respect to any French man reading this, we know you don't like us much either, but you will be the first to admit that our leaders have kept us together, with the help of USA, Canada, Australia, the Ghurkas and so on.......

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Though Sarkozy is out about national "inside" matters, he's enough idealist to lead a good foreign policy. The results ?

Strengthening of UE, frantic contracts worldwide, Mediteranean Union - more ressembling the pacified roman empire (at its better times) than your ogrish warish whitish American Empire buildt on blood and coke for going... nowhere than its own bankeroute. Ah ah.

What an Empire indeed. At least France once truly was the greatest empire of the world. This without any genocide (see UK's). Never forget that, dude screeny centurion.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
First of all, I'm an American, not a European.

Second of all, I'm not complaining, I'm simply pointing out a historical fact.

The Soviets did pretty much the same kind of thing, it was par for the course during the Cold War, especially the postwar era in Europe.

You told me to read some history. You need to do the same. After you've finished, then come back and tell me how what we did in europe was "pretty much the same kind of thing" as the soviets. I know people that escaped from behind the iron curtain. Do you? If you did you could not possibly say or believe something that naive. No, you sound like someone young enough to swallow whole the revisionist history that passes for knowledge that they teach now days.
and very sad ...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Strengthening of UE, frantic contracts worldwide, Mediteranean Union - more ressembling the pacified roman empire (at its better times) than your ogrish warish whitish American Empire buildt on blood and coke for going... nowhere than its own bankeroute. Ah ah.

Never forget that, dude screeny centurion.

Maybe I rattled this guy's cage a little too much. He's not posting coherent, rational thoughts anymore. Sorry. And try a glass of warm milk before going to bed. You'll probably be OK tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Truth hurts your little rear, Herr Centurion ? Go calm yourself with a greasy peplum.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hey Rigel,
I am french and I don't support your views at all. You're trying to describe France as an ideal place where the social system is working perfectly. Which is far from the truth. We are now turning liberal because our social system has no future and who's gonna pay for the damages of this stupid social system? Future generations. But what can I say. Better late than never right?

As for muslims loving France more than the french???? Jesus, please tell me you're a muslim. If not then you drank a few gallons of red wine tonight. That's the most stupid comment I've ever seen. You should be ashamed. They cost our social system the most, they don't work and abuse social security. While they're paid for doing nothing, they steal, burn cars and make us, french people, feel not at home to a point that you think twice before going out late at night. Oh and they want their religion to prevail. But keep in mind that France is an atheist country. They just wanna make me puke. I lived in the USA for more than 2 years, I worked there for a marketing company in Middletow, NY and I have never seen another place where I felt so great! I just wanted to set the record straight.

BTW I am from Reims (51)

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

After you've finished, then come back and tell me how what we did in europe was "pretty much the same kind of thing" as the soviets.

It's pointless trying to have a sensible discussion with you, apparently.

The Soviets "did the same thing" in terms of having their intelligence agencies support political efforts opposed to the US in Europe, including funding various left-wing groups and publications.

I was not claiming any kind of general moral equivalence between the US and the Soviets, simply pointing out that the US was not doing anything in terms of propagandizing Europe that the Soviets were not also doing

[edit on 7/25/08 by xmotex]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join