It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I saw (an old experience)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This was in 1995 or 1996. My daughter was at her father’s for the weekend. Around 10pm I went to visit a friend in the village.

I was walking through the park, looking at the sky as I wasn’t often out in the dark (single parent).

I saw a light which was brighter than all the stars. As I watched, it split up. From the central light 3 other lights ‘zoomed’ out (zoomed is such an awful description but the best I can do). These lights darted (tempted to use zoomed again) in straight lines around the central light. The speed of their movements was unbelievable. One would come in to the centre and dart away and then another. This went on for a couple of minutes and then the lights streaked away in different directions.

I was awestruck (good word). What I saw was not physically possible – NOT AT ALL.

The movements were not small, they were, in terms of 180 degrees of sky, from 30 degrees and 330 degrees (I am sure that is not the correct terminology) back to 0 degrees in split seconds.

I am university educated (BSc) and not prone to ‘flights of fancy’ – what I saw that night I can only describe as a revelation.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I believe you!!

I live in los angeles. a few years ago every few days when I would look up at the night sky I would see a weird star like object. same color and intesity as a bluish colored star. It would go from south to north, basically from the south west over the ocean to the north east towards edwards air force base. The first time I saw it I though. cool satellite, but no it had to accelerate as it went from horizon to horizon, blowing that idea. then I saw it again a few minutes later again coming from the exact same flight plan, maybe it was a second one who knows. any ways this thing was traveling from the horizon and suddenly disappeared and re appeared roughly over head as a streak going perpendicular to it's previous course. a blue streak about 2 fingers wide in the sky straight over head. when it was traveling normally it was about as bright as a normal star. when it did this streak (sorta like when the enterprise goes into warp) it was bright. bright enough to instantly draw your attention to that part of sky.

All of that is nothing compared to the final time I saw a star like object behaving strangely. This "star" was taking the same flight plan as the other previous were but it started (about two thirds through flying from horizon to horizon) to slalom at the apex of each slalom it cast off dimmer blue sparks like to it's periphrial. the sparks were composed of little versions of the brighter star and were seemingly like 4-7 at a time. it did this for maybe 4 or 5 slaloms and then picked up speed and continued on it's original course. the sparks, smaller star like things seemed to disappear a short distance from where they emminated from the "star."

It was not a satellite because I've seen those too. And at 10 PM

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I believe you, too. What I saw, I saw only once, but it was so strange. A star grew brighter and brighter in the southwest (I am on the east coast, middle NY State) about 60 deg up from the horizon. I watched it and thought, Wow. Must be a plane coming straight at me. But it was not blinking. Just getting brighter and brighter.

Soon it was way brighter than anything around it. Suddenly it started moving VERY fast to the northwest. And there was a streak behind it. So I thought, Meteorite (or that ilk)!

But then... It started to pulse - like a heartbeat. Brighter, dimmer, brighter, dimmer. And not just the light. The whole tail streak and the main light. Brighter. Dimmer. And as it went, the whole was dimmer with each pulse until it was near the northwestern horizon and it disappeared completely.

And I thought... That's nothing I can explain.

Except...something we are not told about.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yep, I hear you. I've had my own (old) sighting that I don't talk about too much (except here) because people don't believe me. I couldn't begin to venture a guess on what it is that you saw, but you aren't crazy in my book. There is something in our skies!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
Yep, I hear you. I've had my own (old) sighting that I don't talk about too much (except here) because people don't believe me. I couldn't begin to venture a guess on what it is that you saw, but you aren't crazy in my book. There is something in our skies!

Thanks for all the replies!

This is the first time I have actually publicised what I saw so it is wonderful to get some feedback...

Could you share your sighting again Heike? I know, I am lazy - but is it similar?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

And I thought... That's nothing I can explain.

Except...something we are not told about.

It is nothing one can describe, really. I cannot describe what I saw, my efforts were pretty illiterate. The people I have told about about it were subjected to a waving of arms and pointing of fingers. I wouldn't believe me!

[edit on 24-7-2008 by nessie2uk]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

All of that is nothing compared to the final time I saw a star like object behaving strangely. This "star" was taking the same flight plan as the other previous were but it started (about two thirds through flying from horizon to horizon) to slalom at the apex of each slalom it cast off dimmer blue sparks like to it's periphrial. the sparks were composed of little versions of the brighter star and were seemingly like 4-7 at a time. it did this for maybe 4 or 5 slaloms and then picked up speed and continued on it's original course. the sparks, smaller star like things seemed to disappear a short distance from where they emminated from the "star."

This description seems similar, but the 'sparks' were fewer and they were all as bright as the original.

The defining thing for me, as for you, was the speed of the lights, and the controlled direction.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nessie2uk

Not at all similar, I'm sorry to say. But I will link you to the thread. Nope, I'm not re-typing it all here!

Green Light UFO

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thanks for that, definitely not similar but wonderfully strange nonetheless!

new topics

top topics

join