It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Zecharia Sitchin a HACK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Now don't get all fired up. I don't think Sitchin is a hack. I'm just asking because I'd love to hear how If Sitchin isn't a hack then how is it several layers of his translation of the tablets can be found predated in the Urantia Book?

Many people love to call the Urantia book a piece of fiction. If the Urantia book is fiction then Sitchin must be a hack as the Urantia book far predates Sitchin "theories".

My point is in the Urantia Book paper 77 it says a very close inturpetation of much of sitchin's work was sitting on dusty shelfs in the Sumra Tablets.

URANTIA BOOK:
"
Page 860
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. The central or pre-Sumerian Nodites. A small group at the mouth of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers maintained more of their racial integrity. They persisted for thousands of years and eventually furnished the Nodite ancestry which blended with the Adamites to found the Sumerian peoples of historic times.

And all this explains how the Sumerians appeared so suddenly and mysteriously on the stage of action in Mesopotamia. Investigators will never be able to trace out and follow these tribes back to the beginning of the Sumerians, who had their origin two hundred thousand years ago after the submergence of Dalamatia. Without a trace of origin elsewhere in the world, these ancient tribes suddenly loom upon the horizon of civilization with a full-grown and superior culture, embracing temples, metalwork, agriculture, animals, pottery, weaving, commercial law, civil codes, religious ceremonial, and an old system of writing. At the beginning of the historical era they had long since lost the alphabet of Dalamatia, having adopted the peculiar writing system originating in Dilmun. The Sumerian language, though virtually lost to the world, was not Semitic; it had much in common with the so-called Aryan tongues.

The elaborate records left by the Sumerians describe the site of a remarkable settlement which was located on the Persian Gulf near the earlier city of Dilmun. The Egyptians called this city of ancient glory Dilmat, while the later Adamized Sumerians confused both the first and second Nodite cities with Dalamatia and called all three Dilmun. And already have archaeologists found these ancient Sumerian clay tablets which tell of this earthly paradise "where the Gods first blessed mankind with the example of civilized and cultured life." And these tablets, descriptive of Dilmun, the paradise of men and God, are now silently resting on the dusty shelves of many museums.

The Sumerians well knew of the first and second Edens but, despite extensive intermarriage with the Adamites, continued to regard the garden dwellers to the north as an alien race. Sumerian pride in the more ancient Nodite culture led them to ignore these later vistas of glory in favor of the grandeur and paradisiacal traditions of the city of Dilmun.

"

The Urantia book was recieved between 1912 and 1930. The first unoffical printing was 1935 and the first offical printing was 1955.

Strange that Sitchin didn't publish his findings until around 1976. So if the Urantia book is "FICTION" then Sitchin is a Hack!

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
intriguing...i find a lot of what i have seen of sitchins work quite compelling but it seems that in most circles he is something of a running joke. im sorry i dont actually have an answer to your question. i just stumbled on this thread while trying to see what i could find out for myself about the guy.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

sitchin wasnt even born until 1922, therefore of course the Urantia predates him

we dont know if he studied the urantia or not

like most people say about the bible its written by man and therefore flawed i believe the same as urantia

there is so much indepthness to the urantia but yet no credible evidnce for it

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Zacharia could have gotten his ideas from the urantia book. I like sitchin but some of his stuff is hard to swallow but it would make for a kick ass movie trilogy.

Personally I'd like sitchins stuff to be true, and some other investigators have sometimes had findings that agree with sitchins theories.

I personally feel that most of the panthenon of gods are too similar to the sumerian gods and that they are connected. The flying serpent being found from the mayans, aztecs, sumerians, egyptians and asians is interesting.

I also think that the giza pyramids and the sphyinx are a lot older than modern egyptologists believe.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
With any supposed "channeled" information like Urantia, it gets filtered through the brain of whoever is writing it down, which can cloud the information. Rarely would channeled material be 100% accurate. People's own belief systems unconsciously edit material to make it sound better to them, more easily "absorbed."

Even the entity giving the information has it all skewed to it's own experience. Ask people leaving a movie at the theatre what happened during the movie, and they will all tell you something a little bit different, for not all experienced the movie in the same way.

Sitchin is merely putting out his point of view of it all, gathering info from ancient texts, clay seals, images and mythology. One could argue that ancient artifacts predate Urantia.

Both have something to offer, and neither are 100% accurate. No one is perfect. Everyone has a belief system that will color and alter information to make it more palatable to the individual writing it.

There's nothing wrong with taking a piece of this or a piece of that, and taking the information that "vibrates" within you and "feels" true, then toss out the rest. There is no right or wrong, there just IS.

Don't rely on any single source of information. Broaden your horizons. Learn and experience on your own.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sitchin's main problem is he states he is the only one who can decipher the tablets. While his books are fun to read, he distorts a lot of the information to make it look like rockets and giant aliens. While there may be a larger than Earth planet beyond Neptune, it certainly would not support life and its orbit would not take it past Neptune.

In his earlier books he says they had rocket ships like the Saturn V, which were popular back then. He now states flying discs because they are popular now.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Assuming sitchin isn't 100% full of pucksticks, his biggest issue is this. Sitchin depends heavily upon the tablets. Those tablets were written from the perspective of the men whom have passed on the stories for tens of thousands of years. At that, and add to that, the stories themselves came from "the fallen angels", so it should be understood the original perspective of the stories are skewed a bit off the totalitiy of spiritual truths in reality. What I mean is according to many sources the original "aliens" (fallen angels) chose to see the unfolding events as they wished to see it rather then the way they shold have been seen. Multiplyed by the 10s of thousands of years where the stoires got mythosed (mythofied
) like the wick of a wax candel.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

While there may be a larger than Earth planet beyond Neptune, it certainly would not support life and its orbit would not take it past Neptune.

I have considered this assumption before and IMHO, distance from the sun may not be such a big issue. There are creatures on Earth that have no need for the light of the sun such as the sulphur based creatures that live around deep sea volcanic vents. (Which rather interestingly although somewhat unrelatedly have evolved along a very similar path to their carbon based cousins.) Some degree of heat I believe would be necessary but there is no reason why this could not be geothermic rather than solar. This coupled with a reasonably thick sulphur dioxide or carbon dioxide rich atmosphere to retain the heat given off by the planet itself could feasibly serve as a platform for the development of life.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by digdeep

Sitchin states that the inhabitants of Nibiru look like us. The orbit of the planet immediately would rule that out. I do believe if there is life on any planet further than Neptune, it would have to be under miles of ice and the planet would have to have volcanic activity.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Unfortunately it seems some of Sitchin's claims and translations are incorrect and/or fabricated. This is not to say everything he says is untrue, but may be intertwined with his own personal beliefs. I stumbled across an excellent website put together by a highly qualified translator of ancient languages who rips much of what Sitchin has said apart. I haven't read through it properly yet but plan to , and the bits I did manage to read stopped me from a buying frenzy of Sitchin's works I had planned on Amazon. Hmm.

www.SitchinIsWrong.com

enter the site and read the first page if nothing else.

(I am new here so unsure if I can directly post web addresses?)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Now don't get all fired up. I don't think Sitchin is a hack. I'm just asking because I'd love to hear how If Sitchin isn't a hack then how is it several layers of his translation of the tablets can be found predated in the Urantia Book?

Many people love to call the Urantia book a piece of fiction. If the Urantia book is fiction then Sitchin must be a hack as the Urantia book far predates Sitchin "theories".

My point is in the Urantia Book paper 77 it says a very close inturpetation of much of sitchin's work was sitting on dusty shelfs in the Sumra Tablets.

URANTIA BOOK:
"
Page 860
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. The central or pre-Sumerian Nodites. A small group at the mouth of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers maintained more of their racial integrity. They persisted for thousands of years and eventually furnished the Nodite ancestry which blended with the Adamites to found the Sumerian peoples of historic times.

And all this explains how the Sumerians appeared so suddenly and mysteriously on the stage of action in Mesopotamia. Investigators will never be able to trace out and follow these tribes back to the beginning of the Sumerians, who had their origin two hundred thousand years ago after the submergence of Dalamatia. Without a trace of origin elsewhere in the world, these ancient tribes suddenly loom upon the horizon of civilization with a full-grown and superior culture, embracing temples, metalwork, agriculture, animals, pottery, weaving, commercial law, civil codes, religious ceremonial, and an old system of writing. At the beginning of the historical era they had long since lost the alphabet of Dalamatia, having adopted the peculiar writing system originating in Dilmun. The Sumerian language, though virtually lost to the world, was not Semitic; it had much in common with the so-called Aryan tongues.

The elaborate records left by the Sumerians describe the site of a remarkable settlement which was located on the Persian Gulf near the earlier city of Dilmun. The Egyptians called this city of ancient glory Dilmat, while the later Adamized Sumerians confused both the first and second Nodite cities with Dalamatia and called all three Dilmun. And already have archaeologists found these ancient Sumerian clay tablets which tell of this earthly paradise "where the Gods first blessed mankind with the example of civilized and cultured life." And these tablets, descriptive of Dilmun, the paradise of men and God, are now silently resting on the dusty shelves of many museums.

The Sumerians well knew of the first and second Edens but, despite extensive intermarriage with the Adamites, continued to regard the garden dwellers to the north as an alien race. Sumerian pride in the more ancient Nodite culture led them to ignore these later vistas of glory in favor of the grandeur and paradisiacal traditions of the city of Dilmun.

"

The Urantia book was recieved between 1912 and 1930. The first unoffical printing was 1935 and the first offical printing was 1955.

Strange that Sitchin didn't publish his findings until around 1976. So if the Urantia book is "FICTION" then Sitchin is a Hack!

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Incarnated]

I'm a little perturbed that you started another Urantia thread without addressing the last one you started regarding the Terra Papers - if you're going to start a thread to promote the Urantia, at least stick around and answer questions, please... otherwise you're just posting your agenda (oh look, the Urantia is real) without being able to stand there and actually follow it up - like I tried asking in the other thread about Urantia and its names - where are they in our history?

Now that you're using Sitchin and Urantia is just another thread that perhaps you are going to abandon too if you get any real questions..

Seems like a waste of time to me, but that's just my opinion - would rather actually discuss something than have it presented as truth and then left at that. That you're doing this again makes me wonder why you're promoting the Urantia as truth above all in the first place and ask questions you are unwilling to participate in....

[edit on 31-7-2008 by kshaund]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
edit to stay on topic

to say that Sitchen is a hack in the title of the thread and then in the op say i dont really mean it is a form of trolling...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by easynow]

top topics

join