It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6th Man On Moon Announces Were Not Alone On Kerrang Radio?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
First of all great find.. You clearly payed alot attention to pick up this interview. This will stir up the media for a while.And hopefully other well graded scientists who work in such projects as Edgar Mitchell did. So C-mon scientists and former Astronauts and those who are still in service tell your story back Edgar Mitchell and the scientists and millitary and other astronauts up!!! You can make the biggest human history of your life.. Its a small step to say the word but a big step for humankind!

houston out!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

You know, I really don't know what to think about all this. There are too many yes and no's that i'm just going to go with a no. But I'm willing for someone to prove me wrong. PROVE me wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have been saying all year that the vatican's disclosure was one of the opening salvos in disclosure, and now the ufo's in tx, usa and uk make it almost impossible to withhold. The radar pics from stephensville make the sighting absolutely watertight and impossible to fake... blimps don't go 1700 mph.... neither do fighters without breaking the s/barrier.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
As many have pointed out, this is the same stuff Mitchell has been saying for over ten years. He has refused to explain why he's only "90% certain" of these things instead of 100% certain. He has never said what privileged information he has had access to if any. He has never named names, cited specific conversations, or said what "files" he's referring to. He has never said exactly what drove him to this "90% certain" conclusion (Was it a conversation with someone? Something he saw? A file he came across?). In fact he has always said that his opinions are all based on second hand information, just like any other UFO researcher. For all he's said, his "research" could be no more than reading books about UFOs.

If he wants the media to take him seriously, he needs to reveal new detailed information and cite the sources (without names) he obtained this information from. Until he does this, he's just another guy who's into UFOs.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Edgar should give out names of people only if those people OK it fist.

Edgar should give out names of people only when HE feels comfortable doing so.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Mitchell will be on the "Ron and Don" show here in Seattle today.

The show starts at 15:00 Pacific and can be streamed at...

www.mynorthwest.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I was just looking at news.com.au which is murdoch's australian newspaper site and saw the top articles from all the papers at the bottom of the page and noted how far this story has spread. I screengrabbed them below. Note: I added the red arrows to highlight the stories.

[edit on 2008-7-25 by primamateria]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i cant find the interview...i guess it doesnt exist anymore?

all i can find is a Ton of crappy music...lol

anyone got a link for me so i could Listen to this too??

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Actually I would say his opinion is orders of magnitude better than yours and mine, because of his qualifications, experiences and contacts. He has a base knowledge much more in tune and extensive on the subject matter than the vast majority of the human race.

I beg to differ. It's still just an opinion, because he still doesn't offer anything to back up what he's saying. Are we supposed to believe him because of his unknown contacts, who might also be wrong, or lying to him? Or of some film he says he's seen that might or might not be authentic? He has no particular governmental authority. He's not speaking on behalf of the U.S. Government. He's not the President or Pope, who might have some bit of believability granted to them because of their position. He's just a guy, like us, who has done some unusual things. Haven't we all?

I've had an active interest in this UFO stuff for over 40 years. That gives me a little bit of expertise. But even so, if I wanted to prove something, I'd still have to set it down on the table and let everybody get a good look at it. And so does he. Nobody gets a free ride here, because even if he believes he is telling the truth, we don't know if he actually knows the truth until it's confirmed by those who told him in the first place.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

He's not the President or Pope, who might have some bit of believability granted to them because of their position. He's just a guy, like us, who has done some unusual things. Haven't we all?

Funny enough the Pope and President are also Just guys... They are no different to any other human being on the planet... What a stupid point to make.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Alright folks, CNN is in on the coverage!!

go to www.cnn.com... it's listed in the CNN news as WPBF: Astronaut claims UFO coverup, and when you click on it you go here: www.wpbf.com...

There are several videos you can watch under Edgar Mitchell's picture!

"Unfortunately, you the press show no interest whatsoever. The giggle factor has been too high. But the science behind it and the research behind it, among the people I know, is accepted. It's real," Mitchell told WPBF.

AMEN!!!!!

[edit on 25-7-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I wish some of you would go to digg. I seem to be the only one there who takes this seriously.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes, yes, it's all very thrilling until it turns out to not add up to anything and something real happens in the news and everybody pretty much forgets about it. Just speaking from experience.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zemouk

Originally posted by Nohup

He's not the President or Pope, who might have some bit of believability granted to them because of their position. He's just a guy, like us, who has done some unusual things. Haven't we all?

Funny enough the Pope and President are also Just guys... They are no different to any other human being on the planet... What a stupid point to make.

Hey, thanks for your insult! Right back atcha!

If you could actually read, I said that the President or Pope "might have some bit" of believability in that situation. Not that they would necessarily be believed. I would personally still like to see the proof. The Pope says a lot of stuff I don't believe in, but if he said that the existence of aliens had been proven, and he showed me the undeniable proof, then he would certainly be worth listening to. And his position, as well as the Church's general stance against such things, would add at least some weight to his statements.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Actually, the Church does NOT stand against these things.

3:57 p.m. ET, Tues., May. 13, 2008

VATICAN CITY - The Vatican's chief astronomer says that believing in aliens does not contradict faith in God.

The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, said that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones.

Vatican;It's ok to believe in aliens

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The UFO poll on daily telegraph in Sydney has 20000 responses so far. 78% agree with Mitchell and that there's a cover up, 10% agree but say no cover up, 11% think we are 'alone' in the universe. This murdoch paper is as mainstream joe schmoe as it gets. www.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
He was just on Fox and Friends and really seemed to back off his statements. He started attributing a lot of what he said to "lore" and backed off ever seeing or hearing anything. He kept basing it on "lore".

That's called the old "bait and switch".

I guess he got the phone call.
His 15 minutes of fame is coming to an end.
It sure woke up everybody here at ATS.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
not sure where to post this...but some more info on the moonwalker astronaut

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
78% I'd say that's a majority.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join