It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of the Masonic Logo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I posted the links below in a post previously, but I think these theories deserve a wider audience. The thesis is that , far from being simple drawing tools, the compass and set square used in the Masonic logo have a deeper meaning. And the symbolism isn't simple allegorical allusion to square and decent behaviour. In these 2 following clips you can how exactely the Mason logo relates to the great pyramid. Specifically, the chambers within. This chambers within the Great Pyramid relate directly to the pineal and pituitary glands in the human brain, seated in the corpus collosum. The corpus collosum is the bridge between the left and right hemisphers. Firstly lets explore the relation between the Great Pyramid, the Masonic logo and the human brain. The following are youtube links:

Great Pyramid and the Human Brain - Part 1

Great Pyramid and the Human Brain - Part 2

If you notice the shape of the corpus collosum you will notice it is shaped like the eqyptian eye of horus, or all-seeing eye.

Corpus Collosum - Wiki Page

Eye of Horus - Wiki Page

So there you have it, that's one of the main secrets of Freemasonry for you. The logo is a diagram of the corpus collosum, the top part of the compass (the hinge) represents the 7th chakra Sahasrara. And the G in the middle represent the corpus collosum, all-seeing eye. The 6th Chakra is represented by the '___' producing pineal gland aka Ajna.

Even initiate Freemasons are not told this. I hope the ATS readership find this useful. And stop being scared of pyramids. This doesn't mean shady practices don't go on, but at least now you know what the logo means. Expanded awareness does indeed give an advantage over the less aware, especially in manifestation of desires. I think you should know this. Yogi's have been using this knowledge for millenia, it's nothing new. It's how you use your expanded awareness that counts.

Much Love - TL

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I forgot to add, the red lines on the dollar bill on the first clip point to the letters M.A.S.O.N. .

Best Wishes.

EDIT to add -

Someone asked me before how the primitive egyptians would have known this about the brain and how to build the pyramid in this way. Simple answer? The egyptians didn't build the pyramids.. Read the Terra Papers.

Thanks for reading.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by TrueLight]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I read the Terra Papers after I watched your videos on the other thread.

I found the videos pretty interesting, but I just couldn't continue reading the Terra Papers because the writing style seemed too fictional and was actually boring.

I haven't found anything in masonry so far that alludes to brain anatomy but I think it's a pretty fascinating hypothesis so I am still going to check that out.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I understand. I guess I've read so many articles and books on the subjects I've gotten some internal resonance. When you can face it, have another go at reading the Terra Papers, weirdly there is a lot of corrolation between the enormous hollowed out planetoids the Annunaki used and the death star in Star Wars. They say fact is stanger than fiction don't they. Apparently some people believe George Lucas and his gang were being fed ideas by non-human sources via dreams etc. It's quite possible, Shaman Credo Mutwa (the zulu shaman David Icke interviewed) claims that a lot of the creatures on Star Wars actually exist. I don't know if that helps ease the understanding a little. Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

The "secrets" of masonry are public knowledge and available to you on google. This is not one of them.

Masonry uses lots of things that it does not own as a symbol. Just like the color blue is not a masonic color even though it is "the" color of the blue lodge, the all seeing eye is not a universally masonic symbol. In masonry, the all seeing eye is to remind us of providence, and nothing more. You can attribute more meanings to it, but it does not apply to masonry. The all seeing eye has been a part of religions throughout history and it has had an entirely different meaning for them.

The first two videos don't show anything similar to the square and compass. If you are referring to the angle of the pyramid, that would be incorrect as it does not have the same space distribution as a compass, and a square loses its meaning as the angle of a square. As angles and squares appear throughout nature and in man made objects, there is no reason to believe they somehow resemble the pyramid than the foundation of my house.

Masonic symbolism has specific definitions, none of it secret, and these interpretation are interesting but not masonic.

And a closing thought, I am as always fascinated to find out that everyone seems to know the "real" meaning of masonry except the masons themselves.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I was also under the impression that all compassess are not required to be of the same angle. I have seen a few that were of 90 degrees and others of various other smaller angles.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I was also under the impression that all compassess are not required to be of the same angle. I have seen a few that were of 90 degrees and others of various other smaller angles.
Indeed, the compass of a Past Master's jewel is 60°, I believe.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
The first two videos don't show anything similar to the square and compass.

Timecode 01:42 on the first video shows the actual Masonic Logo (square and compass) overlaid over the diagrams of the pyramid/brain. You may have missed it.

If you are referring to the angle of the pyramid, that would be incorrect as it does not have the same space distribution as a compass

Correct, the angle of the compass on the Masonic Logo marries up with the pyramid on the dollar bill. You have just correctly identified that the pyramid on the dollar bill relates not to the great pyramid of giza, but to the Masonic compass. To expand a little futher, the date on the bottom of the pyramid on the dollar bill in roman numerals MDCCLXXVI translates to 1776. 1776 is the date the declaration of independance was signed. It is also the date that Adam Weishaupt created the Illuminati.

Adam Weishaupt at Wiki

Adam Weishaupt was also obsessed with the Great Pyramid of Giza. Is this getting through to you chaps yet?

and a square loses its meaning as the angle of a square. As angles and squares appear throughout nature and in man made objects, there is no reason to believe they somehow resemble the pyramid than the foundation of my house.

Yes, a set square is used for setting squares. And squares exist everywhere. Yet the massonic square in the logo is used in an inverted V shape. The exact position as relates to the Grand gallery in the Great Pyramid of Giza as shown in the video clip, when used with the compass.

Masonic symbolism has specific definitions, none of it secret, and these interpretation are interesting but not masonic.

These interpretations are completely masonic, the lines in red on the dollar bill even point to the letters M.A.S.O.N.

And a closing thought, I am as always fascinated to find out that everyone seems to know the "real" meaning of masonry except the masons themselves.

Yes, me too.

I am not discussing all compasses, I am discussing the compass in the Masonic Logo.

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Indeed, the compass of a Past Master's jewel is 60°, I believe.

This topic is entitled "The Secret of the Masonic Logo". It's not titled "The Secret of the Past Master's jewel". Therefore, your point is moot.

do you gentlemen know what that means? It means

KNOW THYSELF

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Timecode 01:42 on the first video shows the actual Masonic Logo (square and compass) overlaid over the diagrams of the pyramid/brain. You may have missed it.

I saw it, the original point remains - there are certain ways that our world is constructed and certain ways in which we construct things because of our world. This involves the use of straight lines, and a wide variety of angles, and the use of certain shapes that are used because they do not fall down upon construction. I could take houses with a basement and overlay the S&C on it - this does not make the house masonic. In fact, I could do this with any building if I took an artists rending and emphasized certain points, which is the illusion that was used here.

Correct, the angle of the compass on the Masonic Logo marries up with the pyramid on the dollar bill. You have just correctly identified that the pyramid on the dollar bill relates not to the great pyramid of giza, but to the Masonic compass. To expand a little futher, the date on the bottom of the pyramid on the dollar bill in roman numerals MDCCLXXVI translates to 1776. 1776 is the date the declaration of independance was signed. It is also the date that Adam Weishaupt created the Illuminati.

Wrong. The pyramid on the dollar bill is a symbol relating a unfinished nation - as any great nation will always be since it is a work in progress - nothing more. 1776 is called looking for coincidences, especially since you believe the dollar bill is masonic and the Illuminati has nothing to do with masonry (or is the dollar bill now Illuminatic too?).

Adam Weishaupt was also obsessed with the Great Pyramid of Giza. Is this getting through to you chaps yet?

Oh yes, loud and clear! You really want to believe in this conspiracy, but have no actual evidence for it.

These interpretations are completely masonic, the lines in red on the dollar bill even point to the letters M.A.S.O.N.

Those interpretations are completely not masonic and never will be. I note you keep going over this MASON thing as if it was some shocking revelation. Its not, because there is nothing to it:

- MASON is very different from FREEMASON. If FREEmasons were going to go through the trouble to secretly plant their signature on the bill, why not put the whole thing in?

- I can make all sorts of words appear on the dollar bill by drawing different shapes and starting to read at different points. None of it means anything. When you have very large words they have lots of letters, and those letters can be scrambled to make lots of other words. It means nothing except that you really want to see something in it

Yes, me too.

Then do tell how it can be that someone who is not a mason knows so much more about masonic symbolism than...masons themselves?

KNOW WHEN SOMEONE IS TRYING TO CREATE A CONSPIRACY OUT OF NOTHING

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

KNOW WHEN SOMEONE IS TRYING TO CREATE A CONSPIRACY OUT OF NOTHING

I would but I'm caught up reading someone trying to cover up a conspiracy. But I've made my point, I've addressed your issues already, and frankly, I hardly expect you to admit it. That is providing you knew in the first place. This way of mystical schooling happens to even yogi's students. False explanations for symbols etc, then when the student proves himself, the true meanings are revealed. I don't take it personally, I know you have a job to do.

Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLight
I am not discussing all compasses, I am discussing the compass in the Masonic Logo.

There is no set 'Masonic Logo' in regards the angles of the compasses. Please do a Google image search and you will see that the degrees vary on many of the depictions and photographs.

Also, for your, and others edification, compass(es) are plural.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Also, for your, and others edification, compass(es) are plural.

Your unecessary pedantry leads me to believe my grammar has caused you some emotional pain. Please understand, I am not deliberately spelling words in such a way as to cause aggravation to the readership. And please also note I live in the UK, England in fact. And the way I spelt compasses is completely acceptable. I actualy have no idea (to use a colloquialism) what you are banging on about. If you wish to debunk the information in the OP go ahead. So far it seems right on the money.

Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Another day, another person who is self-professed to be "enlightened" and all knowing, who somehow knows more about masonic symbolism than the masons without explanation or reason. This is really becoming a pattern.

I would but I'm caught up reading someone trying to cover up a conspiracy.

And how would that be? Oh, you mean because I've offered clear and obvious reasons as to why these are lovely interpretations but not masonic interpretations, that there is a cover up?
Because when there is a simple and rational answer to something, there certainly MUST be more to it right!

But I've made my point, I've addressed your issues already, and frankly, I hardly expect you to admit it. That is providing you knew in the first place. This way of mystical schooling happens to even yogi's students. False explanations for symbols etc, then when the student proves himself, the true meanings are revealed.

No, you have not. You have proposed things you cannot back up, and you simply dismiss all rational evidence for why your theory is incorrect. You fail to provide any reason as to why you - a non-mason - suddenly know all of this "secret" masonic symbolism, and have failed to provide any reason as to why your interpretation is masonic.

I don't take it personally, I know you have a job to do.

You are yet again showing your astonishing lack of knowledge about masonry. If you had done 5 minutes of research, you would quickly find that the symbolism of masonry is open to all and that there is no attempt to hide that symbolism.

But that isn't all that sexy so you don't want to believe reality, you'd much rather make up elaborate meanings and then blame everyone who tells you your wrong as somehow intentionally trying to "hide" it.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Your unecessary pedantry leads me to believe my grammar has caused you some emotional pain.

My intention was not to be pendantic and there is no need to smarmy.

If you wish to debunk the information in the OP go ahead.

What is that? About the angle of certain Compasses relating to the angle of construction for the Great Pyramid and the pineal gland? To me it appeared that the angles were dissimilar enough in all the objects that I saw no relation.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Another day, another person who is self-professed to be "enlightened" and all knowing, who somehow knows more about masonic symbolism than the masons without explanation or reason. This is really becoming a pattern.

I'd noticed that too, the pattern developing I mean, you don't think the Masons are being dishonest to their membership, surely?

And how would that be? Oh, you mean because I've offered clear and obvious reasons as to why these are lovely interpretations but not masonic interpretations, that there is a cover up?
Because when there is a simple and rational answer to something, there certainly MUST be more to it right!

I find that the original post is the most simple of the explanations I've seen on the subject. Personally I mean, but I can fully appreciate your point. It must be very frustrating when people don't believe your explanations, try not to take it personally. Human nature is inquisitive.

No, you have not. You have proposed things you cannot back up, and you simply dismiss all rational evidence for why your theory is incorrect. You fail to provide any reason as to why you - a non-mason - suddenly know all of this "secret" masonic symbolism, and have failed to provide any reason as to why your interpretation is masonic.

If there is nothing Masonic in this post, then it begs the question, why you, as a Mason, seem to get so upset by it.

You are yet again showing your astonishing lack of knowledge about masonry. If you had done 5 minutes of research, you would quickly find that the symbolism of masonry is open to all and that there is no attempt to hide that symbolism.

If what you say is true there hardly seems to be a point in having a 33rd degree at all. If as you say, the literature is available to everyone, then surely it would behoove your organisation to meet openly, like any book club.

But that isn't all that sexy so you don't want to believe reality, you'd much rather make up elaborate meanings and then blame everyone who tells you your wrong as somehow intentionally trying to "hide" it.

I don't find any sexiness in Masonry at all, no offence. I am not suggesting you are intentionally hiding anything, I think it may be possible you haven't learnt the true meaning of your symbols though. Why not, like I said before, this is a normal technique for teaching esoterica.

Thanks for your post though. Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think I should clear this up before this goes any further. This topic is not an attack on Freemasonry, it isn't an attack on Freemasons, it's not even an attack on pyramids. It is just some very nice information that the public might enjoy about the 6th and 7th chakras. I find it hard to believe anyone would want to stop this information getting out there, so to speak. Surely no one would benefit from the general public remaining in a less-aware state? How could anyone benefit from the public being less-aware? I wonder.

Anyway this information is nothing special, I have no doubts that you could pick up information about activating/vibrating the 6th and 7th chakras online. Or maybe in a new age book shop? not that I tend to frequent such places.

Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I think I should clear this up before this goes any further. This topic is not an attack on Freemasonry, it isn't an attack on Freemasons, it's not even an attack on pyramids.

Bear with me. I have a point that applies to this and many other threads on this board.

The office in which I work is located in downtown Boston (or as we like to say "Bahstun") not far from the headquarters building of the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts. On the outside of the Grand Lodge building are murals depicting a number of symbols -- including the square and compass and the Seal of the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts. On that seal appears the motto of the Grand Lodge, which is: "Follow Reason."

Whatever the origins of Freemasonry, it is clear that they were given modern form and character at some point early in the Enlightenment, which they championed. Freemasons, it could well be said, represent a philosophical society which through symbolism and allegory promote a moral structure and world view which favors reason and knowledge over superstition and revelation while insisting that such a stance is not incompatible with the reverence creation owes to its Creator.

And this is where, I believe, many of the conflicts between Masons and Conspiracy-ists begin. Masons see someone misrepresent symbols whose import they know, having been initiated into the Fraternity and having taken the time to read the ample literature produced by the Fraternity over the centuries and they seek to correct the misrepresentation.

The moment that this occurs, the Conspiracist (?!), desiring to preserve a nifty theory, retorts with several examples. Freemasons dismiss these as unconvincing, as indeed, they are to someone who already knows the answers. The Conspiracy-advocate (better?) then feels insulted and responds that the Masons are either 1) kept ignorant by their reptilian overlords, 2) lying to protect their reptilian overlords or 3) are being kept ignorant by reptilian overlords they are trying to protect.

Neither understands that the other is honestly making an effort at understanding. The Mason seeks to educate from the point of view of a member of the Fraternity and the Conspiracy-maker (no, advocate was better, right?) is trying to find an alternative to the "stuff happens" explanation for human history.

In the case of the OP, I am unimpressed with the so-called evidence and, honestly, don't think the case was anything like as solid as Truelight would like to believe. On the other hand, I have read numerous histories of Freemasonry by various Masons, each of which has his own pet theories as to the source of the secrets of the Fraternity. To the Brethren, I recommend a willingness to tolerate the notion of alternative understandings of the symbols of your Fraternity -- possibly, in some cases, enriching and deepening the meaning you find for them in your ritual. To the Conspiracy-advocates, I recommend understanding that you are lecturing men who spend hours and hours discussing, reading, and thinking on these topics each week. Do not dismiss what they say lightly.

And to both, I urge an attitude of mutual respect. Conspiracy-advocates may believe that Masons are covering for their lizard masters -- but saying so doesn't get you anywhere. And Masons may think Conspiracy-advocates are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. But using terms like "my understanding," and "I was taught" or "it seems to me" in place of "it is obvious that" or "it must be" would be helpful, no?

Just my .02 for harmony in argumentation.

For what it is worth, I am not a Mason (although, I confess that I have petitioned a Lodge recently).

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Speaking of secrets -

Have any of you other guys had any problems with your secret decoder rings this week?

I was down at the Lodge of Doom and I was trying to get a can of Satan-juice out of the soda machine and my ring wasn't working.

I took it to Best Buy and this Geek Squad dude took a look at it and said that they don't make that model anymore, but that Sony was coming out with a new one in a couple of weeks that has the wide-area wireless MIMO thought-controller built in.

I know my wife was going to get me a HAARP antenna for my car that looks like the masonic emblem, but maybe I can talk her into a new ring!

---

PS Not trying to derail or poke fun, I just wanted to inject some levity into the thread. I think both sides have some interesting points.

Edit for speling

[edit on 7/24/08 by emsed1]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I'd noticed that too, the pattern developing I mean, you don't think the Masons are being dishonest to their membership, surely?

No, I don't think that nor would anyone who has done their research. Masons are all on the same "level" and furthermore there is no reason to lie about masonic symbolism. I do however have to keep noting that non-masons know all about the "secret symbolism" that somehow neither I nor my fellow masons know about.

I find that the original post is the most simple of the explanations I've seen on the subject. Personally I mean, but I can fully appreciate your point. It must be very frustrating when people don't believe your explanations, try not to take it personally. Human nature is inquisitive.

Oh its not frustrating at all. I know there are some people who will choose to make something up instead of look at the facts. It makes me kind of sad for you that your spending so much time going down the wrong road, but hey, your certainly not alone. This is actually one of the more complex explanations I've seen, and the masonic explanation - available for all - is much more to the point.

If there is nothing Masonic in this post, then it begs the question, why you, as a Mason, seem to get so upset by it.

Ah yes, the old standby: OMG IF I HAVENT UNCOVERED SOMETHING WHY ARE YOU RESPONDING. The reality is that I respond to most of the posts about masonry, wrong or incorrect, and if no one responded to your post you would also claim THAT was evidence that you were right. This is quite possibly the most invalid line of logic I've ever seen.

Why are you so upset that I've pointed out that you are incorrect? Because your really working for the reptilians?

If what you say is true there hardly seems to be a point in having a 33rd degree at all. If as you say, the literature is available to everyone, then surely it would behoove your organisation to meet openly, like any book club.

You just shot yourself in the foot, again. You are right. There IS no point to the 33rd degree - its an honor given for someone in the Scottish Rite who contributed much to society or the fraternity. There are other masonic orders with different degrees completely different from the Scottish Rite, and most masons never join the Scottish Rite. Your obsession with degrees and believing they convey some sort of secret knowledge is not based in reality. The entire Scottish Rite ritual is PUBLISHED and you can BUY IT ONLINE.

Masonry does have open meetings. We are like every other group who meets in private - fraternities, sororities, the elks, odd fellows, etc. In fact, most groups meet in private.

I don't find any sexiness in Masonry at all, no offence. I am not suggesting you are intentionally hiding anything, I think it may be possible you haven't learnt the true meaning of your symbols though. Why not, like I said before, this is a normal technique for teaching esoterica.

Right. Somehow I have no idea what the symbols really are, but you as a non-mason know exactly what they are and that I'm either lying to you or have no idea whats going on? As the poster above me has already stated, this is a classical attempt by masonic conspiracy theorists to deflect when they've been exposed. Its laughable.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I think I should clear this up before this goes any further. This topic is not an attack on Freemasonry, it isn't an attack on Freemasons, it's not even an attack on pyramids. It is just some very nice information that the public might enjoy about the 6th and 7th chakras. I find it hard to believe anyone would want to stop this information getting out there, so to speak. Surely no one would benefit from the general public remaining in a less-aware state? How could anyone benefit from the public being less-aware? I wonder.

As I've already said, I have no problem with people making up their own interpretation of masonic symbolism. But when you come up with something that is clearly not masonic, it may be a lovely interpretation but it has nothing to do with masonry.

I do not believe in the "chakras," there is nothing in masonry about them, and while your free to claim they have meaning here its not masonic. In my opinion, this sort of "information" only serves to confuse the public and not make them more aware, as chakras and all things related have been hijacked by the new age movement.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join