It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tobacco 'could help treat cancer'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Tobacco 'could help treat cancer'

news.bbc.co.uk

The tobacco plant - responsible for millions of cancer cases - may actually offer the means to treat one form of the disease, a study suggests.

US scientists used the plant to "grow" key components of a cancer vaccine.

The National Academy of Sciences study suggests they could be used to tackle a form of lymphoma
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.themedguru.com
afp.google.com

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The first thing that crossed my mind as I am sure it did for many others is, this has got to be something put together by the tobaco industry. I do not know where the money for the research came from so would be best not to say what I can not reasonably back up. If any one can provide some information about that please do so.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well I read an article a few years back of some guy claiming that smoking tabacco actually helps prevent lung cancer.

The guy who wrote the article was a big conspiracy theorist, so decide for yourself what you think.

Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer

Interesting article by the way.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

well you are right that is a good article.
Thanks for posting. I still the black lungs of a smoker vs the normal color of a non smoker should be pretty self explanatory though.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A Cancer Vaccine, eh? Ha! Yes, one more shot to encourage people to take. Let me guess - it could be preserved with mercury or filled with aluminum? Oh, hey, we're vaccinated against cancer! Let's just keep on filling the world with carcinogens!

Ahem, but enough of the sarcasm - it's interesting, otherwise.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I still the black lungs of a smoker vs the normal color of a non smoker should be pretty self explanatory though.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I smoke myself and I'm not feeling healthier compared to when I didn't smoke.

So it seems really weird that tabacco is able to heal people. I do know that Marihuana is being used more and more as a medicine, so it wouldn't surprise me if tabacco can do the same thing.

Now I just need to contract a disease which lets me smoke cigarettes and Marihuana for free!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, maybe there is something to this. Tobacco, in it's natural form, has been used for many many years by the Native Americans for several different reasons. It's only when the tobacco companies add their zillions of chemicals to it during cigarette production, that it becomes harmful to your health.

I was reading a website and apparently there are over 60 species of the tobacco plant, so perhaps there are some of the species that can be used for medical purposes.

Here's the website:

Native American Sacred Uses of Tobacco...

Michelle

top topics

join