It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Dude - Where's my Global Warming?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
I seem to have read somewhere, and I will try to find the document on it, that a volcanic eruption, just one, will put out more carbon into the atmosphere than all of the carbon released by mankind in their entire existence on this planet.

Kind of puts things in perspective if that is true.

It's not true. In fact quite the opposite. Annually human activities produce about 100 times as much CO2 as that from all annual volcanic eruptions

environment.newscientist.com...

hvo.wr.usgs.gov...

volcanology.geol.ucsb.edu...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
they recently find out that the quick melting of the north pole was caused bij an heavy undersea eruption of an vulcano... now the ice is restoring again....and yes on greenland more than ever since.....remember the sun is 2 years overtime with his next cycle..

ofcourse weather is also chansing when te med. temp is cooling off... nobody speakes about that..

[edit on 22-7-2008 by ressiv]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

A few months ago, an environmental group pressured the whitehouse into saying polar bears were endangered, when in fact their numbers have increased hugely.

Polar bears were being hunted to extinction, and conservation put a stop to that, and numbers increased.

I'll try and find the article tomorrow, but it's just another example of the lies told by the AGW crowd.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
they recently find out that the quick melting of the north pole was caused bij an heavy undersea eruption of an vulcano... now the ice is restoring again....and yes on greenland more than ever since.....remember the sun is 2 years overtime with his next cycle..

Check your sources. And ask how big is this volcano? About the size of the USA>

ofcourse weather is also chansing when te med. temp is cooling off... nobody speakes about that..

Tell that to Cyprus which is now relying on tanker shipments of water from Greece ..... there's a bad drought too in the Middle East.

If the Med cools off over a period of several decades then it;s pertinent to the discussion. Otherwise, one might as well argue that the fact that the temp here is a lot warmer today than a week ago surely proves global warming is happening .....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

You have very little info to go on here, you are more ignorant than lead to believe. CO2 follows temp, it actually lags by around 800 years.

The heat island effect is more prominent than ever in majoe cities. Look at where NASA has their meters placed around the country, some are located on blacktop or near cars or even air conditioning units. James Hansen is a hack loser, just like Gore. They will cheat, lie and steal just to prove their egos are correct.

Ask what happened when they took out all the erronious data, gee, the earth actually cooled.

Get your facts straight first. Want real info about GW go to Junkscience.com, get the facts.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Polar bears...kill them all. My friend has sons that must go to school with a rifle every day because of the polar bears, ask him if they are declining.

Stupid assed bears are a menace and yes people are worth more than a bear, maybe you might not be, but most are. Damn liberals.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

I think you may have missed the point of my post, and there really is no need for an aggressive tone

I simply answered a post by another member - I gave no opinions about polar bears one way or another except to comment on how conservation has increased their numbers
contrary to what the AGW crowd say

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

This is an arguement that should never be used against global warming.

Global warming is GLOBAL, not LOCAl weather. What does happen is it wreaks havoc with local systems, causing peculiar weather.

If it snows in the sonoran desert, that is a major sign of problem. That is something un-natural and the weather system is being played with.

It causes it to rain more in some places, some less. Get hotter in some, colder in others, snow more in some, less in others.

Weather gets redistributed in places it shouldn't, because ocean currents are affected.

You get chills when you have a high fever don't you?

The fact there have not been many hurricanes actually worries me.

Like the calm before teh storm.....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Global warming my butt!
I live in Ontario Canada, and we've barely had a summer here yet.
Nothing but 6 days of rain for one day of sun, and only one day this season so

Same thing here in Michigan too. We are having a total absence of summer and the most violent thunder storms I have ever seen. We cant put two days worth of sunshine together.

The earth will balance herself, so I would say extreme weather change is scarier than global warming. No one can deny the extreme weather change, and to state we have no impact on the environment is crazy. Everyone has traces of all kinds of toxins in there systems and not one square inch of the earth has not been effected by pollution. All life systems are in decline.

Global warming is the magician going look over here! While something more tricky is going on with the other hand.

Big corporate wins again...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Im an alaskan too who can vouch for Blaine, this is one of the coldest summers I can remember in the past 5 years. There are signs of glaciers expanding not decreasing, and the census bureau for Polar Bears up here(Eskimos elders that take count each spring) stated there are more polar bears this year than they have seen in the recent past and also a report of more cubs. I am really perplexed about this global warming stuff. I also read a report from a GW theorist from Europe that said the cutting down of the rain forest had a thousand time more harmful effect on GW than did man. I watched an hour long program too on the International Geographic Channel that stated the same thing, that the loss of the rain forest in south america is a far greater affect on GW than emissions from man. If we were in a castrophic warming period, then none of what is actually happening today makes sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

What the site you pointed too fails to tell you is the long term damage done by Volcanoes, yes his stats are true for the actual eruption but by far the volcanic winter that a volcano puts us in shuts down plant growth and forest growth therfore causing the earth not to be able to handle the emissions. A relative small eruption can change climate earthwide for up to 2 years, and a major eruption can change climate for up to ten years, this has a direct affect on plant life. So yes volcanoes do cause a greater threat than man. Please in the future Essan by more in depth about your answers rather than just finding facts to support your theories no matter how in the grey they are. A white lie is still a lie. There are 2 major eco systems which clean our evniroment of these pollutants,, number 1 is the rain forest and number 2 is the ocean, damaging either one of those in the smallest way effects GW greatly

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My theory why the global warming theory got so big, Is just an attempt to get china to stop industrializing or at least slow down a bit. Thats why they have just ignored most of this rubbish...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Americans do not "feel" global warming because everyone has AC and stay inside.

I find that this month, temperatures are higher than average than the year before. Last year I saw all double digits and this year is 50/50 triple digits around the country. That's not global warming?

3rd world nations can feel it alright, they can SEE their crops failing, they can SEE people going through hyperthermia.

In reality we do NOT care about animals becoming extinct. We always prioritize OUR lives at the top of the list.

And yes the person above me is correct, global warming is also exploited as a means to slow down industrialization in India and China so Westerners can once again claim the lands they once stole.

[edit on 7/22/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
I also read a report from a GW theorist from Europe that said the cutting down of the rain forest had a thousand time more harmful effect on GW than did man.

This is proof most people do not understand the big picture. Man cut down those forests, man is the one edging out nature and replacing it with blacktop and cities, man is the one polluting the water until life cannot live, man is the one dumping toxic waste so that when it rains it seeps into the ground, man is the one using herbicides and pesticides. the list goes on forever. Any idea how much fresh water is permanently ruined through manufacturing? Its unreal.

Man is poisoning the world, and the world will fight off this cancer as long as we are a cancer.

Wake up and think for yourselves please before its too late. The corporate machine will see only profit until we will all die off from being toxic.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
And yes the person above me is correct, global warming is also exploited as a means to slow down industrialization in India and China so Westerners can once again claim the lands they once stole.

No thats not true. Our corporations want the low cost of labor, they are currently fleecing this country and building those so they can have 3 billion people to consume the goods they produce for next to nothing.

The wealth always transfers to other nations once the host nation the parasites feed off let the masses become to well off. It has been that way since ancient times. We will go down like Rome when it transfered its wealth to Europe. Europe transfered its wealth to America and now America will be fleeced and be transfered to Asia. Wake up we need to kill the parasitic spider that has plagued mankind for too long.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

It isn't just the Americans that deny climate change.

Many people are more comfortable with the idea that they live in a static universe rather than in one that can change drastically and irrevocably in the blink of an eye.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
FU-K RUDD HES A NEW WORLD ORDER BITCH EVERYONE THINKS HES A PIG NOW ,HIM AND HIS PIG WIFE WILL BE HANGED WHEN THERE PLAN FAILS (FU-K THE NEW WORLD ORDER)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I was really shocked when I learned there is such weak data to support the idea of human-caused global warming a couple weeks ago (google "midieval warm period"). The biggest question I have is how often the globalist power-mongers of the world purposely sling mud at these facts that don't support their position (as opposed to simply conveniently avoiding the facts). I remember reading of scientists who had their funding cut off when they found facts that were in opposition to global warming but have to wonder how often this occurs now.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I've seen temperature data recorded by the Met Office for a region of the UK, covering from the 40s to the present.

It shows that for a rise in CO2 levels, the trend has been for *COOLING*.

I've no links to hand right now, but for sure it exposes the head of the Met Office as someone with an agenda.

I'm no scientist, but I know how to read a graph, and it was definitely on a downwards trend.

People lie, data (generally) doesn't (unless it has been tampered with, fabricated, or comes from the IPCC).

It's BS. Just look at the way the heads of the nation carry on as if there is no issue. Hell - look at Al Gore! His energy use is phenomenal. Just what the hell does he do at his house?!

HYPOCRITES - the lot of them!
WHY? Because there ISN'T A PROBLEM AND THEY KNOW IT!!!

Annually human activities produce about 100 times as much CO2 as that from all annual volcanic eruptions

Climatologists pro- man-made GW/AGW/whatever keep using the logical fallacy.

Once thing that was the trend about a year ago was to keep equating the chucking out of CO2 by fossile fuels to the smog problems of the past.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING! Thick billowing pollution is NOT CO2!

CO2 is a colorless, odorless gas (just in case you missed that back in the 3rd grade).

For all their crap spoken about how much more CO2 we chuck out compared with Volcanoes (fully expecting you to picture dark skies and lots of clouds of ASH), CO2 still comprises only 0.035% of the total composition of the ENTIRE ATMOSPHERE!

Look at the number - it's tiny, and it accounts for ALL the CO2 in the air!!

Anyone who can't see the problem with their math needs to go back to high school and re-study maths, physics, and statistics.

The maths so they can actually read charts and realize the craziness of the claims regarding volumes, physics (and chemistry) so they can understand the composition of the atmosphere etc.., and statistics, so they know just how much figures can be manipulated to say anything you want them to say.

The world is being taken for a fool, and so far, the con is working.

Read this: news.bbc.co.uk...

Some more facts for you:

The UK (in total, all sources, both man-made and natural) produces 2% of the entire worlds output of CO2.

China has exceeded that in just one years worth of growth!

Again, it is a fallacy that somewhere like the UK, even if we cut all sources of CO2 to zero, could actually make a dent.

This alone should demonstrate the mathematical deficiency of both the UK populous at large, the UK Government and the IPCC.

The figures don't stand, any way you look at them. How is the poor little UK cutting it's CO2 to zero (all sources) going to make any difference? IT ISN'T

There is now talk of putting solar panels in the Sahara Desert to power the whole of Europe from. What environmental impact is that going to have on the Sahara? You're going to put it in the shade!!

What impact is reflecting light back into space over that area going to have on the worlds climate? It WILL result in changed weather patterns by its simple existence.

They talk of "climate change", yet they miss every other aspect of the environment in coming up with proposals.

There are inefficiencies in power transmission. The solar technology itself is inefficient. What is the environmental cost of production and building such a system? My favorite: how much CO2 will be produced building them?

Someone on page one was saying we should consider all the methane produced from cows. What next - are we going to eradicate the cow population because of these lies? Why not exterminate all forms of CO2 producing life? Yeah - that's good for the environment.

Whilst people are so distracted by the lies spun by these idiots with agendas, they're missing that we ARE the environment! You poison me, you're poisoning the environment!

Ask yourself: what IS the environment? Answer: It encompasses everything.

If you make a place inhospitable to life, you just polluted a part of the ENVIRONMENT, eve nif nothing is apparently growing there!!!

Can't people see what rubbish it all is? WAKE UP! This has to be THE greatest deception pulled on the population of the WORLD in HISTORY!

I liken it to the guy stood with the board that says "THE WORLD IS NIGH!", only everyone believes it instead of calling him insane and walking on.

OIL is the problem. GW is the distraction. They've also seen that they can make a fortune ripping us off.

Have you also noticed how in that article they talk of the "rich" countries having to be the ones who tackle "climate change" for the sake of the poor? They're using emotional blackmail to an extent never seen before, and the sheeple are falling for it hook line and sinker.

The "rich" are the ones tackling it because they're the ones with the money. You can't get from the poor what they don't have.

Kyoto was a joke - they restricted everyones industrial capacity in the name of cutting CO2 (at great expense, too), yet it actually permitted China to keep on polluting at record levels until 2012! Kind of negates any savings.

Of course, all this action is based on the false science that CO2 is *the* cause of global warming (if you believe the doomsday people).

Just how the hell do you explain the massive rise in temperature since the last ice-age? If we were to believe scientists from the IPCC on how the climate worked, technically the earth should have never recovered from it because of so much heat energy being reflected back into space, thus keeping the earth permanently cool.

People are so stupid, they miss the obvious - THAT WHICH IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM.

The IPCC have an agenda, governments have an agenda. They're LYING, and the Sheeple have fallen for it.

@OP: Great title! Starred and flagged!

[edit on 22-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

o rlly ?

where i live we are having the driest wet season on record for the 3rd -4th year in a row Australia is supposed to be in the midst of winter atm but im sitting here in a short sleeve shirt sweating my butt off.

Scientists can say all they want but all i really need to do is look around to see the affects of global warming, perhapse you should likewise open your eyes to whats really happening.

Scientists lie, nature doesnt.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join