It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Dude - Where's my Global Warming?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't think CO2 in and of itself is a culprit, but Carbon Emissions in general. It's out of whack because of us. Because we've interfered with Carbon cycling on a large scale in a short period of time.
Same thing with phosphorous.
That stuff takes forever to cycle, but when you yank it out of the ground and put it into the active environment, stuff goes haywire.
Marine problems, IMO, are largely due to interference with phosphorous cycles.

Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Tons of them everywhere there's industry. They inhibit strong plant growth, they inhibit species. Kill fish are carcinogens and are ubiquitous in the industrialized world's soil.
Everywhere. They suck and are a result of fossil fuels and derivatives.

Comine our filthy short-term behavior with a "natural" global shift and it could get ugly, quick.

Climate Shift or Change, not GW, per se.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

So are you saying that CO2 produced by human activities has no effect on climate, but CO2 produced by bacteria does?

As I pointed out before, there is no refutation of the theory that a doubling of CO2 will produce about 1c of warming.

We can argue all we like about whether non anthropogenic forcing are currently in greater control, and causing cooling. But that does not change the fact that AGW is a reality.

as you said, everything will have an effect, the real question is whether these effects will be mitgated or even negated by other mechanisms.

i have no way to verify their 1°C increase by the year 2100, in fact my life expectancy will most likely preclude verification and i hoestly have to ask what the fuss is about, even if it was true. it's not like even predicted sea level rises were anywhere near catastrophic* and the notion of attributing every negative weather phenomenon, all the way to Katrina to GW is just convenient
hard to prove, hard to disprove, like a CT, basically

meanwhile, the irrational focus on CO2 is indirectly responsible for developments which are much worse than increased carbon dioxide concentrations, noone is denying that anymore. maybe deliberation would be preferrable to knee-jerk action.. the current level of hysteria cannot be maintained indefinitely and when the bubble bursts, don't expect anything to fly with the public anytime soon. deception is only a short term endeavor.

*www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Looks like this La Nina is running out of steam. An El Nino should be brewing by the last quarter of 2008. Everything flows in cycles. Plus the sunspots can't stay low for much longer. I would anticipate 2009 to be up slightly from 2008 temps. Plus the Wet / Drought regions around the world will change with the comming El Nino.

Climate Change, it's always been here.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssanThere is a lot, lot, lot more to GW - including AGW - than carbon emissions!

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Essan]

Precisely! That is why so many get so crazy over all the bogus carbon control proposals floating around.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Al Gore is a fraud. He should go down in history as one of the biggest scam artists on the planet. The idea of selling carbon credits is a joke and only a sucker would buy into it.

Once again another one of their dire predictions is wrong:

Predictions of “ice free” summer for first time in history completely debunked. Arctic Ice Grows 30 Per Cent In a Year.
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Psst! It's called "Climate Change" now. Haven't you heard? Shifting positions. Not just for global warming monkeys anymore.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The global warming drivel was refuted over 200 yrs ago in 1801. I learned it in my earth science class in the sixties when the same bunch was yelling global cooling.. . For a scientist today try Dr. Landscheidt at
landscheidt.auditblogs.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Al Gore is a fraud. He should go down in history as one of the biggest scam artists on the planet. The idea of selling carbon credits is a joke and only a sucker would buy into it.

I'll buy it - I'll make a fortune selling mine to the likes of you

Gore is mistaken (IMO - I'm not an omnipotent god so I can't say for sure) but that doesnit change reality

Once again another one of their dire predictions is wrong:

Predictions of “ice free” summer for first time in history completely debunked. Arctic Ice Grows 30 Per Cent In a Year.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Last I heard it's not yet 2013

news.bbc.co.uk...

And could doesn't mean the same as will

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

There are that many Scientists who hate "science" being used to con people. Gives Science a bad name. Debunking this crap started long before the internet. Check out "Access to Energy" Dr Beckman (deceased) was inclined to flame a bit but the science studies he sited were real.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join