It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The evil is spreading...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Not all of the right-wing is religious, not all religious are right-wing, not all of the religious right-wing is evil. I'm not saying none of them are, some might be. But then the same standard goes for the left.

It's a good thing I'm not part of the religious right.

Not all of the right-wing is religious= True
Not all religious are right-wing= True
Not all of the religious right-wing is evil=False

and so are repugnants.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yes, and closed mindedness will kill almost any discussion. Therefore making it pointless. Just like I said. I'm not being arrogant, I'm being logical. I don't want to waste my time. That's all.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I am not biased. I am a truth teller. Some people just don't like the truth.

What is truth? And yes, it does make you biased.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What makes me biased? That I tell the truth. I don't know your background but I bet you're a repugnant. Only a repugnant would defend these Fellowship people.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Fact: You are biased, and you do not tell the truth. You tell what you believe to be the truth, which in turn is negated by the bias, making it an untruth.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
YOU AERE SUCH A DAMN LIAR! I POST THE TRUTH BECAUSE I BACK IT UP WITH LINKED FACTS, BABY! AND YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK. I'M SICK OF YOU REPUGNANTS TRYING TO CHANGE THE TRUTH LIKE THE LIARS YOU ARE!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicodemus
Problem? yes. Evil? no.

[Edited on 3-12-2004 by Nicodemus]
\

Let me tell you something. This is evil, you know why?
Because they are greedy, manipulating the system in the name of jesus christ, which is a really slimy scam they are pulling off. If you look at the bible and the judeo christian religion, they pick and choose what they want to use out of the bible, and go against other things that are in the bible as well. This country says it believes in god, but if they truly believed then these people would be following the bible instructions exactly as it says to, not pick and choose.

It's called manipulating the system for personal gain.
It's greed, that is evil, not to mention they are SCREWING us which yes, is a problem, and it's also evil.

I don't care if you don't have a problem with this, but I do because it's flat out WRONG. The fellowship? I mean, wtf?

You know many people become pastors because they want to get out paying taxes? So they make a sign up and stick it on their front lawn.

Don't be so naive to assume that they are doing it in the name of christianity. Get real. If anybody could find a way to manipulate the system to take more and give less they would, who wants to give money to the government if they don't have to? So group together and form the fellowship in the name of christianity.
And so they did.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I couldn't have said it better myself...without yelling.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicodemus

Originally posted by Colonel
I am not biased. I am a truth teller. Some people just don't like the truth.

What is truth? And yes, it does make you biased.

This isn't philosophy class, this is the "mud pit" and judging by your posts your above post is nothing but self projection on your part, do you undestand that the fellowship people and crooks?

Maybe instead of asking questions such as "what is truth" maybe you should be asking more important questiontions.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I first want to say, as someone who knows Real Estate Laws, that what they are doing is completely legal.

Churches routinely own property, one of which my ex-girlfriend lives in in Cali so she can go to school. It is owned by the church and subject to any discrimination they want so long as there is no dicrimination as to membership to the church.

Why are you so mad at them?

Shouldn't you be mad at the churches who use tithing to pay for this?

Go to the source and rage on them.

NOW, on to the topic this has morphed into.

The Republican Party is demented and old school white boys who are fearmongers much like President Bush who push our fear of everything, along with fear of gays, blacks, etc, etc.

But from the mouth of Micheal Moore the Democratic Party is "the saddest excuse for a party" there is.

And I agree.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, I understand that churches routinely own property but to have politicans shacked up in a mansion by a Christian lobbying group like the Fellowship for $600 a month appears to be highly unethical and to me is a conflict of interest.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Perhaps you are right.

But if they are with the lobbing group and the constituents know it, then it would be fine.

Again, I think the anger should be on the churches for misappropriation of funds.

God does not like his money used for political gain, my thoughts at least.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
New flash for you, Colonel. Both major parties are equally corrupt...

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Newsflash for you: Just to say "both parties are corrupt" is a coward's way out. No other lobbying group houses politicians as far as I am aware.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok, so you have 2 political parties running, and A is christian, and B is not. Who do you think is going to get elected? The christian, of course. Why? Because he "believes in christian values". It doesn't matter if party B has a much more open and honest past than party A, because party A goes to church and worships the 'word of god'. Since he is a christian, people assume that he follows all morals and fundamentals of the christian religion. So, party A gets elected and can do whatever he wants, basically.

If party B gets the elect over A because he does have a clean past, you will have a constant onslaught of attacks by other christian politicians and groups because he does not believe what they believe, and they continue the crusades that never really ended. THAT is evil. Good doesn't need to be forced, but evil does. A good person will easily influence everyone around him that is unbiased, without trying or even wanting to. Evil is rejected by peers, and when evil gets rejected it will force itself.

----
I, personally, think that churches and religious orginizations should be taxxed just like the rest of us. I have my own beliefs, but I still have to pay taxes. In my house, what I believe gets preached, but why don't I get a tax break? I know this sounds kinda like a moronic view, but c'mon... I don't believe in christianity, or any other religion, so I have to make a church to get the tax break?

Lets start a new religion, where anyone who is in it can claim their house as a place of worship, but you can believe anything you want. We will have meetings online, thus assuring that our religion will be as globally accessible as possible. Screw using 'Fellowship' in any terms... we'll just call it the "Church of Divine Knowledge and Truth" and we can discuss every religious aspect of every religion, including the christian labeled 'pagan' religions, humanism, satanic, bhuudist, zionist, whatever. Then we can all have our tax breaks, because our religion will state that "Living quarters of ANY member of this church WILL be deemed a place of worship"... We could have stickers to put in the windows right next to the "Neighborhood Watch" stickers, stating that it is a tax-free orginization.

I understand this wouldn't apply for other countries, but I think it would be a good religion and should go worldwide. Promote open-mindedness, and networking those with the same wishes to build an army of sorts. Maybe it would get widespread enough that someone could win an election just because he is a mamber.

*EDIT: edited A and B scenario to make sense... Party B wasn't the christian.

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by Earthscum]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm all for a church of our own. Although I'm more inclined to go with a name like the "Brotherhood of Steel." A group of people that "worship" technology and information. And if you know the "Brotherhood of Steel," they are a likeable bunch of characters created for the greatest RPG game series of all time, Fallout!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
I'm all for a church of our own. Although I'm more inclined to go with a name like the "Brotherhood of Steel." A group of people that "worship" technology and information. And if you know the "Brotherhood of Steel," they are a likeable bunch of characters created for the greatest RPG game series of all time, Fallout!

Friend I have your answer in the Metallic Christ that is Robocop, click on my signature for more. Hail Robojesus.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Already had the pleasure of reading that thread.
We can create our own Robocop!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Already had the pleasure of reading that thread.
We can create our own Robocop!

Fine then.

Just dont look for Robojesus when your cult is hunted down by extremist humans.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm all
for a technology-based religion! Oh, and I love the RoboCop Jesus thread! Someday we will each have our own mech-suits and will take over the robot arena... the little battlebots they use now are NOTHING compared to what I've been working out in my head! (so far I'm only restricted by what power source I could use... need lightweight electrical generator of some sorts... possibly a scalar device such as the MEG...)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join