It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining ATS : wierd phone calls, IPs outside your house? wiretapping?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
reply to post by SantaClaus

Well, I' m talking about my house phone. My cell got de-activated a few months ago. But I think, with my last account, my cell phone did keep getting weird calls from a private number, but they would never say anything when I answered the call. I got pissed a few times and had to warn them, though the wimp still didn't say anything. I still wonder who the hell those people were.

wow i use to and still sometimes get those private calls where they listen for a few seconds then hang up but thats been happening since i was little and i thought it was just some retard or something not sure

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Pocky
I think around the time I stopped being a lurker and joined ATS, I started to get weird phone calls from people who would hang up, they would linger, then hang up. Also started getting calls from people who wanted to talk to the business owner. I had to constantly tell these people, this is not a business phone number. They still kept calling, even after I said it was a residence. Then there were times when I called a particular phone number and a machine would say that number did not exist, or some stranger would pick up telling me I have the wrong number. I swear , I had to dial my computer technician's business card number 7 times before it actually went through. Somehow my calls were being re-directed to a different person's phone. Also, I'd get calls from people, and in the middle of the conversation a tap noise would go on, as if I was being recorded and then sometimes the dialog would start to sound like an echo. I noticed this has happened to George Nory on CoasttoCoastam, many times when talking with guests, the dialog becomes echoing and it sounds like they are in a spacious room where their voices bounce off the walls, even though that isn't really the case.

You just created an account 2 days ago and already your attempting to fear-monger the people of this board.

I call your post a load of crap and urge you look for real truths, not make up false ones.

hmm that's an interesting point

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EneMy_On3

I already answered his question. I had to re-register because I was unable to log in with my previous account. I tried changing the password various times and still could not get in to my account. That is why I needed to make a new one.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

...my cell phone did keep getting weird calls from a private number, but they would never say anything when I answered the call. I got pissed a few times and had to warn them, though the wimp still didn't say anything. I still wonder who the hell those people were.

Doesn't matter. I had this happen a while back. I was tired of playing along, so I got even. I went to my local Wal-Mart and bought a $6 air-horn. The next, and subsequently last, call I got like this, I let out a two minute bleet. When I put the receiver back to my ear, there was a line disconnected beeping tone...Weird. I have not received another one of the calls going on about 8 months now. I still have the horn for the next one though...

Who knows, maybe it's Miss Cleo tryin to warn ya...making house calls.

Maybe not...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
do you have any little children? I ask, because a while back my friends little sister was messing around with the phone pressing all kinds of buttons, and she somehow programmed the phone to redirect calls to a pizza place, another thought, is that someone else with kids did the same thing but with your number, which is why you may be getting strange calls, the silence may just be someone trying to figure out why they hear your voice and not "such and such a business" or whatever/whoever. Also, the silence could be some sort of cpu dialing your number and when it does not receive a "cpu hello" it does not do anything but silence.
Just a thought, I seriously doubt your phone is tapped, I talk about all kinds of illegal stuff on my phone, and to my knowledge, my land line is not tapped, if you are that worried, search the net or a spy store or something, you can find devices that tell you all about the electrical activity of your communication lines.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

If that van shows back up...talk to some of those crazy brothers in the OGP. I know they're around your neighborhood...they'll strip that van down to the frame in less than 5 minutes flat, with the FEDS still in it. I love the whole camcorder ordeal...I do love Okie women!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax
reply to post by Pocky

...my cell phone did keep getting weird calls from a private number, but they would never say anything when I answered the call. I got pissed a few times and had to warn them, though the wimp still didn't say anything. I still wonder who the hell those people were.

Doesn't matter. I had this happen a while back. I was tired of playing along, so I got even. I went to my local Wal-Mart and bought a $6 air-horn. The next, and subsequently last, call I got like this, I let out a two minute bleet. When I put the receiver back to my ear, there was a line disconnected beeping tone...Weird. I have not received another one of the calls going on about 8 months now. I still have the horn for the next one though...

Who knows, maybe it's Miss Cleo tryin to warn ya...making house calls.

Maybe not...

I did that once with someones scooter on a pay phone. After thinking about it, I thought it was really stupid because it could have given some old person a heart attack who may have been calling a wrong number.

I was getting phone calls for some guy who used my number for a debt from Nevada. I would hate to be shot or followed around because some moron owed someone money in Vegas or they think this person lives with me.

OP:
I Have caller ID and screen all my calls. If noone I know bothers to speak, that's their problem. I gave up on the idea it was some stalker or similar interested person though. (eh)

My internet service expects me to get their crappy and probably unsecure internet phone line. The idea of that going down during a storm etc. isn't very usefull or comforting in an emergency.

It might also be you have a cordless phone that's getting cut into. I heard some of the older cordless phones could be tapped into from an outside hacker? How old is your phone and what type?

Typically those automated solicitors take a few seconds to answer. But, you would know that by now. (maybe)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
My cell phone has been sending multiple texts..hmm lol...

Without my consent too!!!! Damn mobile.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You know what's weird? I'm a federal gov employee, with TS/SCI and SAP access, and I sprout forth all sorts of stuff on here. I haven't had my phone tapped, no-one calls me in the middle of the night, no strange vehicles outside, no MIB's show up at work to give me the third degree, etc.....Seems like if you expect something to happen it never does, but if you don't things pop out all over!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by redarrow

Maybe your considered loyal to you country. I think it's the guys that post of the 9/11 board, speaking out against the government that are dealing with the heavy stuff. Surely what you say here determines if you can be their target.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

i came home one day and checked my answering machine, it said this number does not exist the way it was dialed or something close to that, and it was on my answering machine and noone was home all day. i have only been a member on ats for a couple months, so i dont know if its related or not. but when i heard that message i said outloud alone in my house.....what the snickers

does anyone else know about this? hopefully something stupid that i can laugh at.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
reply to post by Pocky

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Because X happens after Y, does not mean X caused Y.

There are over 100,000 ATS members. The government does not have the time or inclination to monitor every single person on this board, nor would there be a reason they need to given the fact that nothing is posted on here that can't be found elsewhere on the internet.

There are numerous people on ATS who are convinced the government is watching them. Even though there are completely normal explanations for everything they claim - bad cellphone reception causes echos, modern phone wire tapping would not cause any tapping noises, etc. they choose to believe the government is watching. It really comes down to a need and a strong desire to feel special. People want to think they've figured something else, and it validates their self-worth if they believe they are worthy enough to be watched.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

I think this sums up the whole "phenomenon" of people who think they are being watched perfectly. I really don't think the govt could be bothered to know what some dorks (myself included) on a message board think about UFOs and 9-11

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I've been on ATS, the only problems I've had in terms of phone have been at work, sometimes I get some odd sounding calls or phone connections. I hate echoey calls, personally.
Used to, way before joining ATS, get some odd calls on my Cell phone, but not since. Generally it was from my mom's phone malfunctioning and calling contacts on it's list.
Other than that, had a few mis-dials and some telemarketers, even on text.
My sister used my number at one time to sign up for stuff. The air horn works, as does performing a skit, or repeatedly hitting different keys.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle6677
Ive gotten calls all the time lately from people or recordings, that call me, and ask about car insurance or home loans...i heard from a co-worker that people can now mask their numbers/ip addresses so when they call, they can have a different number displayed. I havent found any articles on this, but it makes sense, because when I call back, I have the same thing - number doesnt exist. Some are even 13 digits!

same here they call on my cell sometimes the numbers are only three digits
thats weird or they are all 0s and just today they called private and didn't answer when i picked up

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Funny enough I thought about creating a program called "Contact".
Similar to a sat imaging program I thought up.
Anyhow what it would do is take a list of data like a phone book.
You could do these dead calls where it just calls and people say hello (they usually say a whole lot more when no oen responds).

It could distinguish between male or female and start a dbase of the sound bytes. Comparing them to known records of your voice etc over time.
One of the best times to run the program is when youre asleep because youre going to be at home, get it?

You can later access the dbase and go through different sound bytes seeing what background noises there are or if someone else answers the phone.

You could have the program cross reference against known accomplises etc...

Anyhow my sat program was different and I dont know if the tech even exists. I have done sat troubleshooting via telnet before. Very interesting stuff linking up to a bird. Anyhow my idea for sat tracking was to just take random pics of the ground close enough to see faces. Anytime someone looked up it could do a facial recognition search. And then use it basically to track peoples locations.

You could search the dbase for the last known location of so and so. I know this would take a whole lot of tech though. I was leaning more towards the contact program for phones. If Ive thought of this and I know how to code it I would think the government has.

Like I said, Im not getting these phone calls. But Im basically a ghost. I dont have anything really that allows them to know where I am and Ive changed my phone number so many times. It becomes a problem.
I wish I was getting the calls though cuz I have fun with it. I just dont like vans following me around

Anyhow just my 2 cents and I hope it gives you guys an example because dead calls would and could be useful to the government. It could be all automated so they wouldnt be "wasteing a lot of time tracking geeks" so to speak. They dont have to do jack, just sit back and watch it happen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join