It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Judy Woods is bogus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you were wondering if Woods is genuine and you couldn't be bothered reading her (huge)website here is a comment she makes that utterly destroys her credibility(and that of any of her followers):

"Transmutation

Sometimes, materials subjected to the Hutchison Effect seem to change at an elemental level – could this be the explanation for the rapid rusting – steel is turned into Iron?"

Can anyone see what's wrong with her statement? I hope so. If not, here:

"Steel is an alloy consisting mostly of iron, with a carbon content between 0.2 and 2.04% by weight, depending on grade.(wikipedia)"

Steel is made of Iron. Rust has nothing to do with transmutation which is when one element changes into another. Her statement is nonsensical. I hope this clears up any doubts some may have as to her integrity...(she has zero integrity.)

[edit on 21-7-2008 by mrwiffler]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think you are jumping the gun. Stell while mostly iron doesn't rust. She is implying that the effect on steel cause it to revert to iron again. I am not endorsing Judy Woods, I don't even know who she is but I don't think you have proof yet.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Of course steel rusts. Look it up anywhere. Here, from wikipedia:

"Rusting is the common term for corrosion of iron and its alloys, such as steel."

No, I'm not jumping the gun. The comment "steel is turned into iron" is utterly nonsensical in context. Steel doesn't "revert to iron", steel is iron(with a tiny percentage of carbon) and if Ms Woods doesn't know that then I'd be extremely surprised.

It doesn't take the "Hutchinson effect" to rust steel and it has nothing to do with transmutation. The lady is speaking rubbish. She's taking advantage of the fact that allot of people don't study science.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The effects produced include levitation of heavy objects,
fusion of dissimilar materials such as metal and wood (exactly
as portrayed in the movie, "The Philadelphia Experiment"), the
anomalous heating of metals without burning adjacent material,
spontaneous fracturing of metals (which separate by sliding in
a sideways fashion), and both temporary and permanent changes
in the crystalline structure and physical properties of metals.

Source

Steel doesent oxidize as fast as iron. Applying the Hutchison effect to steel to remove the carbon would cause global failure much more rapidly as the iron would oxidize faster..

B.S. (Civil Engineering, 1981) (Structural Engineering),
M.S. (Engineering Mechanics (Applied Physics), 1983), and
Ph.D. (Materials Engineering Science, 1992) from the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.

While her overall hypothesis may or may not be correct her statement that you attemted to 'debunk' is possible and makes sense to anyone willing to research it a bit as I did.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"While her overall hypothesis may or may not be correct her statement that you attemted to 'debunk' is possible"

You are incorrect. Transmutation is when one element changes into another eg. lead into gold, not steel into iron. Your post doesn't address this at all so it is obvious you have not understood the issue.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Transmutation may refer to:

In pre-scientific experimentation:
Alchemy, the quest to discover a way to turn inexpensive metals such as lead into gold.

In physics:
Nuclear transmutation, the conversion of one chemical element or isotope into another through nuclear reaction.

According to pre-scientific experimentation I am incorrect. According to modern science I am correct.

As I said a little research goes a long way. Adult swim is fun to watch but I don't get my science lessons there.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Is she the DEW person.

Who knows what those things can do.

She must have been watching GRIDKEEPER too long.

Yet supersized UFO Tesla Flying Machines have been operational
for some time and may have lifted that linear accelerator up in
orbit.

A Tesla weapon explodes the air, remember how everyone thought
the Einstein weapon (the A bomb from E = MC squared) would explode
the atmosphere but it didn't.

The Tesla weapon would explode the air inside the World Trade Towers
and look like explosives were going off top down.

Tesla uses the free atmosphere to fly around but the Illuminati misdirected
minds prefer to explode the air.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
jprophet you are having great difficulty grasping what is being said here. What you have posted contradicts your conclusion completely. Both ancient and modern interpretations of transmutation say the same thing. Steel to iron is not transmutation. You are very confused about this issue.

Do you know what an element is? It is nothing to be ashamed of if you don't but if you'd like to understand the argument I recommend reading a bit about the elements.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwiffler
jprophet you are having great difficulty grasping what is being said here. What you have posted contradicts your conclusion completely. Both ancient and modern interpretations of transmutation say the same thing. Steel to iron is not transmutation. You are very confused about this issue.

Do you know what an element is? It is nothing to be ashamed of if you don't but if you'd like to understand the argument I recommend reading a bit about the elements.

Transmutation according to dictionary.com says this:

3. change into another nature, substance, form, or condition.

dictionary.reference.com...

So, transmutation is the correct word for what she is trying to describe.

Changing steel into it's iron form would be a change in it's nature, substance, form or condition. Take your pick. They all fit.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

jprophet you are having great difficulty grasping what is being said here.
Am i now? I posted the definition of transmutation. There is more than one.
What you have posted contradicts your conclusion completely.
Really? What I posted supports my conclusion according to the english language.
Both ancient and modern interpretations of transmutation say the same thing.
No, they do not. I explained it in plain English.

Steel to iron is not transmutation. You are very confused about this issue.
I have excellent reading comprehension and you apparently do not. The definition I posted fits exactly what she is saying.

Did you read the definition that I posted? Did you comprehend it? Or do you disagree with the source? Maybe Wikipedia is beneath you? I will post another source then also.

Transmutation - Sometimes materials subjected to the Hutchison Effect seem to change at a molecular or even atomic level.

Source

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Oh dear. whatever happened to the education system. Woods is specifically talking about elemental transmutation. Yes the word has a general definition but this is not the same as it's scientific meaning.

"Nuclear transmutation, the conversion of one chemical element or isotope into another through nuclear reaction."

Steel to iron is not this. They're the same damn element. What's hard to grasp about this? It is very basic.

Judy Woods is taking advantage of the fact that allot of people will fail to grasp this concept...until it's too late and you're called a gullible idiot by our scientific community.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by mrwiffler]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Oh dear. whatever happened to the education system.
Indeed.
Woods is specifically talking about elemental transmutation. Yes the word has a general definition but this is not the same as it's scientific meaning.

"Nuclear transmutation, the conversion of one chemical element or isotope into another through nuclear reaction."

Steel to iron is not this. They're the same damn element. What's hard to grasp about this? It is very basic.

How basic is it? Your understanding is elementary at best. Iron is an element, steel is not an element.

She says they change at an elemental level. Removing the element carbon from steel would turn it into iron.
Just out of curiousity what are your credentials? I have a degree in engineering and 5 years experience working with isotopes. Judy Woods has a Ph.D.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You've just shown great ignorance jprophet. Any physicist will laugh at you if you tell them what you've just posted.

You're an engineer huh? That is very amusing.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Nuclear transmutation can take place in elements under atomic weight
19 from UV exposure.
This is Tesla's 'photo electric effect' and still valid.

So by exploding air into a spark, other elements can be effected.
Not to mention planted explosives.

Do we know what kind of dastardly reactions the Illuminati had planned
for the World Trade Towers I? No.

UV reacting agents could have been spread around like THERMATE and
explosives.
Who studied the effect of transmutations based on UV.
The bad guys.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You've just shown great ignorance jprophet.
By replying to you perhaps.
Any physicist will laugh at you if you tell them what you've just posted.
Name one please.
You're an engineer huh? That is very amusing.
How is it amusing?

I notice you both attempted character assassination fallacy on me while simultaniously avoiding my question.

You are wrong. I have illustrated through several sources that you are wrong. You have not provided a single piece of evidence other than your opinion as to what Dr. Woods was refering to. You have nothing to back what you say other than your opinion.

Now, speaking of getting laughed at, using the words 'proof' in reference to 'debunking' a theory via logical fallacy is laughable.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Attention all physicists:

Jprophet thinks that removing the carbon from steel is elemental transmutation.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

I posted several sources that explain it in plain english, and Griff posted one also.

"Transmutation

Sometimes, materials subjected to the Hutchison Effect seem to change at an elemental level – could this be the explanation for the rapid rusting – steel is turned into Iron?"

Are you saying that statement is incorrect? The scientific community accepts it. You have done nothing to disprove it other than debate the definition of transmutation - which has more than one meaning. We have posted both the basic definitions of transmutation and explained how it relates to the Hutchison effect. If you decide to come back with any evidence at all, be my guest. Otherwise I will let you get in one last meaningless retaliation post and let the thread die.

For future reference, research a bit before you post and cite at least one souce.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Above you are quoting Judy Woods. You are using her own false statement to prove itself. You are very amusing.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Above you are quoting Judy Woods. You are using her own false statement to prove itself. You are very amusing.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
How about the change of a proton to neutron.
Thus changing the element.

This may be momentary (in the UV process) and the proton may reform.
This process can be UV induced (AW 19 elements and lower).
Thus a way of making electricity.

It may happen in the atmosphere at lightning strikes.

Focused beams of UV may emanate from dark clouds which
are already showing dark violet light from ionized air and molecules.

new topics

top topics

join