It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This For Real?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hello all, I come in peace. I am new on ATS, I've only been here for a few days and yet I am already inclined to post this new thread. Here lately, there have been lots of posts of or pertaining to the government spying on people because of the common interests that are shared here on this site. Many members have reported strange activity involving shady charaters spying, photographing them, and even one where a computer moniter ruptured from something being clicked on! I find many of these things hard to believe not only because of the levels of extremity in these situations but also I wouldn't want to believe that suchs things are occurring! Are we all persons of interest? Is the government keeping tabs on everyone who utters the word "UFO" or "2012" and the pertaining? Or might anyone have yet another frightening experience to relate to this?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, maybe paranoia just runs in my family. Honestly, though, if there's more info on this I'd like to know.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Its not paranoia to question things.

trust your instincts and gut. If you can think it or conceive it.. you are not the first to have it go through your mind.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If that happened to me, i would send the government a bill for a new monitor, then go read a book 'til it would be delivered. ~Just me trying to be funny~ though i'm sure it wasn't at all funny for the person it happened to~ Seriously, meh, i dunno. I guess i'd be a pretty boring subject myself, if that was the case. All i do is read myths. The truth is out there! And it is, ...that some people would be pointless and boring (at the same time) to spy on.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Look at me! I've been on ATS all day 'cause I've got nothing better to do!

If anyone was sent to watch me they'd better bring them something to do like a book or something 'cause they'd drown in their drool!

Unless, that is, they put up cameras...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Anytime you post anything on the net, make a phone call, or get on the net in general it has the potential to be reviewed by a bureaucrat at the very last. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That may be true, but it is also true that the people spying/ reviewing camera feed would likely die from boredom.

I just think it's funny that we have a zim here now. Maybe we'll get the Dib to post here too if we're lucky!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

You think I'm paranoid about these things? Imagine Dib's posts. Anyhow, I didn't consider the poor saps reviewing the video footage.

Regardless of the conditions, I think that it is quite disturbing that there could be a possibility of spies. You didn't happen to experience anything like this have you?

I haven't, yet, that is...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

You think I'm paranoid about these things? Imagine Dib's posts. Anyhow, I didn't consider the poor saps reviewing the video footage.

Regardless of the conditions, I think that it is quite disturbing that there could be a possibility of spies. You didn't happen to experience anything like this have you?

I haven't, yet, that is...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Did you see that?! How the heck did my reply duplicate?! I clicked the post button only once, mind you wise cracks!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
mmm, i can definately try to stop ROFL-ing about that Dib comment. Wow. Nice one. What a nightmare-ishly funny thread it would be.

Seriously, i would just get annoyed after a while if i was being spied on. Or play really loud music so their ears would get hurt listening in, and laugh. No one would like being an object of observation all the time, even if they hadn't anything to hide. As in, i assume i am not being spied on, and if i was i would probably try finding and/or playing tricks on the spies.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

It happens to everyone, thread duplication. Everyone it seems, but me. I have my own glitch: I seem to kill threads. And now, Gaz will go play videogames and eat pizza!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

I don't know why I can't shake this. Now I feel like there's constantly eyes open me! I keep making sure I don't say anything I wouldn't say in public so that I don't sound like a complete idiot.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

Frankly, I ignore posts that make such claims.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Crystalbaraland

I get it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
ATTENTION ALL!! DUE TO RECENT NEWS I'VE GOTTEN ON MY THREAD "ISN'T ATS KIND OF LIKE A TABLOID? I OFFICIALLY QUIT THIS WEBSITE OVER THE # I WAS TOLD. THIS ISN'T ABUSE! IT'S JUST THAT I DIDN'T LIKE AND I'M NOT SO SURE IF IT WERE EVEN TRUE. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT?! I BET IT WAS 'CAUSE LIES MAKE THE WORLD GO 'ROUND, Y'KNOW! I REALLY DON'T GIVE A # THOUGH, OH? BAD LANGUAGE? BAN ME! I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS QUITE BLUNTLY! BAN ME! BAN ME!!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sorry, but what exactly happened?
I don't see a banned sign... And i never saw any "ats=tabloid" threads anywhere... I don't think so, anyway...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I wonder to

What exactly happened here? I really can't see any obvious reason for this.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
ATTENTION ALL!! DUE TO RECENT NEWS I'VE GOTTEN ON MY THREAD "ISN'T ATS KIND OF LIKE A TABLOID? I OFFICIALLY QUIT THIS WEBSITE OVER THE # I WAS TOLD. THIS ISN'T ABUSE! IT'S JUST THAT I DIDN'T LIKE AND I'M NOT SO SURE IF IT WERE EVEN TRUE. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT?! I BET IT WAS 'CAUSE LIES MAKE THE WORLD GO 'ROUND, Y'KNOW! I REALLY DON'T GIVE A # THOUGH, OH? BAD LANGUAGE? BAN ME! I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS QUITE BLUNTLY! BAN ME! BAN ME!!

Erhem, please disregard this statement. Thank you.

top topics

join