It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1962 Mars landing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you have heard of the supposed 1962 Mars landing with humans flying there in a disc with a video camera. Has this ever been debunked? Also, I have been looking for a larger version of the video than the found half way down here:

www.angelsofmars.it...

Anyone know where one is that has better resolution of the 1962 landing?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Which video are you talking about? I'd like to watch it.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It is down about half way on the far left. Find '1962'.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!? i doubt it. there are lots of hazards going to mars and some of them have just been discovered like the dangerous amount of static the dust can produce. the dust can short circuit the whole life support thing and kill them. if there is a video, i'd like to see it but i can tell now that it's fake

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hmm. Well i'm not really sure what to think of that. Looks possible that it could be real but I think its fake. I'll have to do more research into this.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wow, they had video cameras in 1962?

Who'd a thunk it?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Who'd a thunk it?

lol. I think they had cameras in like the 30's..or whenever silent movies started to play.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wish it is true how ever
if it was a secret misson the piolts
would not have said "a discovery of a life time"
knowing it would never be realesed

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Who'd a thunk it?

lol. I think they had cameras in like the 30's..or whenever silent movies started to play.

Really? silent movies were filmed on video cameras in the 1930's?

Did they use Beta or VHS?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Really? silent movies were filmed on video cameras in the 1930's?

must have been betas EVERYBODY knows that VHS was later

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i found a copy here:
xfacts.com...

it looks kinda fake to me. the part where the guy goes "omg somethings moving" just doesnt sound real hehe

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't know, some of the subliminal aspects of the video lead me to think it is real. It sure it a smooth motion, too smooth, in fact to be a helicopter.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous!!!.....Going to mars in 1962, we didnt even have the technology to go to the moon yet!!!....This is crazy!!....WE still dont have the tech to send ppl to Mars, mind you we are close, but NO way we went in 1962....Its common sense, COME ON!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A mars landing in 1962, with humans?

Hell we humans today get only about 1 in 3 non-manned probes to land on that planet, and that's 35 years later.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
A mars landing in 1962, with humans?

Hell we humans today get only about 1 in 3 non-manned probes to land on that planet, and that's 35 years later.

A deeper look at the contention of "Alternative 3," is the premise that the craft was alien, adapated for such a mission. It was not by rocket or any conventional means.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
This is absolutely ridiculous!!!.....Going to mars in 1962, we didnt even have the technology to go to the moon yet!!!....This is crazy!!....WE still dont have the tech to send ppl to Mars, mind you we are close, but NO way we went in 1962....Its common sense, COME ON!!!!

But we had the technology for the philadelphia experiment? It may not BE our technology. I don;t think that we know half of what they can do in secret.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is the Alternative 3 footage and yes, it's been debunked many times including on this site. It was part of a itv (british channel) hoax that developed a bit of a cult following, who spread rumours of it's validity. Obviously it's still working to this day.

Alternative 3

You might want use the search button next time buddy, there's loads about this already on the site.

dz

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

just because the public does not know about a technology, does not mean that it does not exist

look at the f-117, who's first flight was in 1981 i believe? and how long ago was it that we just heard about it..

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I was living in England at the time of the original broadcast of Alternative 3. It was breathtaking, if not quite true. Mainly because I thunk it was cool and am a fan of Alternative 3, over the years I acquired the American and British copies of the Book by Ambrose, Watkins and Miles, and just recently bought a pretty good VHS copy of the program off of ebay. The video even has an extra bit on the end where a couple of gentlemen at a "UFO" convention play that last part that you are talking aobut and then try to seriously analyze it for clarity, honesty, and technical information. Kind of interesting, but cheesy.

I'm one of those who would like to believe everything outlandish, mainly because it would make the universe such a fun place, yet fraught with some frightening things.

A bunch of years ago I went to a local UFO "convention". It was in the evening... While we were sitting there listening to the speaker some guys in suits with dark sunglasses came in and began snapping photos of people with cheap cameras with no flash, while trying to be surreptitious. When they got to me I'm afraid I was in the spirit of it all and made funny faces (which isn't too hard ... See my face and understand)....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join