It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1962 Mars landing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
that was so fake they were acting for the camera to much
just gave it all away

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
hey iksmodnad

someone said they claimed it was ET craft they used not "Our technology"

so really it all boils down to "did they have access to an alien craft or not"

and if u look at Rosewell case; its extremely possible that they could have gotton their hands on one

of course im automatically skeptical but hey
this is a much better hoax than profit yahweh
seriously

if this really is a hoax its a dang good one
i mean GOOD!

i expect it to be a hoax but....theres that 1% chance of it being true
so lets find out

argh ill try google but JUST this ONCE!

if i find anything good ill post it here since this is a recent topic and all

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
that was so fake they were acting for the camera to much
just gave it all away

theres no way to tell if its acting thats circumstancial
and your assuming due to your expectations

lets get hard evidence that disproves this so we can put the nail in the coffin
thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
oh please. Imagian if hollywood pulled the same hoax off and actually had there facts straight it would so real everyone would believe it.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
LOL LOL

That was so funny.. "My god what is that? Something moved there. What the hell?" that was so funny.

LOL LOL

How come this old post was brought back alive?

Also, how is this a good hoax? It looks exactly like a science fiction movie from that time.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
If It was indeed from 1962, there would've been no way of making graphics like that. Thats hard for the average graphics designer today.

The "movie" does look a bit computer generated. But hey, I think it's 100% possible.

I hate governments, they keep to many secrets. I'm going to be the head leader of the FBI & all those good things when I'm older

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
FAKE
i think its fake cuz of that part when the russian guy is excited he still talks in english!
ok... when some1 speaks 2 languages and is excited and there are people who speak the same 1st language around him he will talk in his first language its just like that i dont think that the video is real the video is good but the people who are talking in it just dont sound likr its real

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
This is absolutely ridiculous!!!.....Going to mars in 1962, we didnt even have the technology to go to the moon yet!!!....This is crazy!!....WE still dont have the tech to send ppl to Mars, mind you we are close, but NO way we went in 1962....Its common sense, COME ON!!!!

Actually, we've had the technology to go to mars for a long time now, probably decades. It involves the same kind of fuels involved in going to the moon though, not something super spacey. We just haven't got the money yet (USA).

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
This is absolutely ridiculous!!!.....Going to mars in 1962, we didnt even have the technology to go to the moon yet!!!....This is crazy!!....WE still dont have the tech to send ppl to Mars, mind you we are close, but NO way we went in 1962....Its common sense, COME ON!!!!

We just haven't got the money yet (USA).

They launch big pieces of metal uslessness into space and on return they blow up, wasting billions of our $'s and 5-10 peoples lives.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Ken_Allen]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I believe we have had the technology to go to mars for a while as well, but there are some things in the video that make me think its not genuine

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think it's possible- probable. more likely that the USA has had an alternative space program probably since the 1960s. And keep in mind- there is a black project budget of "30-40" Billion dollars annually that isn't under congressional oversight. The SR-71 was decades ahead of its time when it was made in 1962, Stealth technology was developed in the 1970s, who can only imagine what they have in the year 2006.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
A really good person once told me, to really truly understand what the US government has, in technology, take a project we know about today and multiply it by 10x, where x is years. That is what they have today, that we don't knwo about.
Just shortly after he told me, he was found dead. What the autopsy reported was that he commited suicide. But its wierd, if he commited suicide, why did he just buy some tickets on a cruise?

Back on topic, if that video was made in the 60s that is some really good special effects they used, and back then the graphics whould've been preatty expensive for a couple of people to make a hoax of it.

Right now I don't know wether it is a hoax or not. Its just too good.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Harvestfreak

very possible it's true. Link that with what people on Montauk Project said about being sent there and working with a crew that was stationed there. Billy Meier's photographs of US satellites in orbit around Mars from 1972 and you get the idea that we probably went there a long time ago.

The Illuminati have awesome technology and they seem to be in somewhat of a dilemma to try and convince people there may be ET's and life on other planets after years of suppressing such information. Notice all the reports coming from Mars now that stress the prescence of life possiblity. It's news conditioning to get us ready for bigger announcements.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I would love this to be real,but i just can't be convinced at this point.

Personally,i am very interested to find out how a regional television company managed to pull off some pretty convincing effects for 1977.

I especially liked the "burrowing" scene near the end of the clip!

How did a small budget company manage to make such convincing footage,eh?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The old alternative 3 hoax.... well if proof is still needed for some check this IMDB link:

Richard Marner (look under 1977)

Not only does he appear in alternative 3, but as anyone who has seen english comedy shows will know, he starred in an 80's BBC comedy called 'allo allo'. (He played Cornel Kurt Von Stohm....) In alternative 3 he was Dr. Carl Gerstein.

So either he had a serious change of career..or...old TV hoax / april fool. Proof enough now that the footage isn't geniune?

Wayne...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There's one major and glaring error in this 'Mars video' which places it alongside Flash Gordon in credibility. It's the communication lag, or lack of it to be precise.
The sound track is meant to suggest the astronauts on board this craft are communicating with Earth. At the start, one guy asks 'How are things with you?'
and the refers to the amount of detail he can see as the 'craft' glides over the terrain below, cameras running.
Direct real time voice communication between Mars and Earth is not possible. Radio signals take between 6 and 44 minutes to reach Mars, depending on its orbital position relative to Earth. It takes the same time for a reply to come back. Yet here we have two people talking with each other as if they are in the same room (which they probably were).
Of course the answer to that minor problem might be sound editing. You know what I mean. Ask the question, wait an hour for the reply, edit out the delay and so on. But if that were possible, wouldn't the video also suffer editing glitches too?
It's a hoax, possibly made in the early days when people generally had little understanding of the physics involved in long distance travel and communication.

WG3

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
the video is from a "mockumentary" that was on british TV years back i've forgot its name now.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicMouse
the video is from a "mockumentary" that was on british TV years back i've forgot its name now.

If you would have bothered reading the entire thread instead of just bumping a post from 5+ years ago, you would have seen this has already been revealed as being footage from "Alternative 3" several times. Make sure to check the thread fully if youre going to bump a severely old thread that has already been discussed ad-nauseum.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by silQ

I believe another significant danger/hazard is solar radiation. A trip to Mars would be quite a dangerous endeavor!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
One really funny aspect of this old parody, is that in the first few seconds of the clip, someone in the capsule is having a realtime conversation with "Houston". Of course it take from 3 min to 22 min for a message to get from one end to the other, and obviously the same time to deliver an answer going back the other way.

I am real surprised that 5 years ago, this does not appear to have been discussed. So after the first 5 seconds of this clip, they could have turned it off and just moved on.

Yes, and I know I am bumping and old thread, by I reserve the right to do that anytime I please, just like anyone else here has the same privilege if they feel they have something to contribute.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join