It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1962 Mars landing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
This is absolutely ridiculous!!!.....Going to mars in 1962, we didnt even have the technology to go to the moon yet!!!....This is crazy!!....WE still dont have the tech to send ppl to Mars, mind you we are close, but NO way we went in 1962....Its common sense, COME ON!!!!

You honestly believe that all the technology we have is the latest? I remember seeing somewhere that the technology the US Military has is 30 years ahead of what we know.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Notice how thw sky is blue? Just like some of the new picture being sent back now, before they are tampered with. Also notice just how much the rock formation look alike if compared with the newest ones we have.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
On that same page it talks about the Air Force view on UFO's and if you watch the video it says something about a chapter out of the curiculum. But was pulled when it was leaked to the public. Anyone know where someone might have a copy of these?
Oh, and the technology you see the military with currenly is about 50 years old. The AIM-9 Sidewinder just celebrated its 50th anniversary. Chinalake California. (My Birthplace) Not to mention the prototypes we use allready have expired warrenty's. From like 1980 when it expired, and this is new to the public. I will be posting a new topic on this technology thing once my wife leaves to go home. So look out for it in the forums.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
who made this fake crap? mars in 1962? come on......does anybody actually believe this?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wow, this video almost sent chills up my spine, just thinking about what an impact this would be, if it's real. I doubt we'll ever know at this period in time, maybe in the future however.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
Notice how thw sky is blue? Just like some of the new picture being sent back now, before they are tampered with. Also notice just how much the rock formation look alike if compared with the newest ones we have.

That's so true. I've heard a retired Military Officer state that if we saw what the Government truly had, it would be straight out of Star Wars. To think, it's PUBLIC knowledge that we are gaining the ability to "Beam-Up" Particles, or Objects, as is seen in Star Trek. Think of what we really have that we don't know about.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
maybe thats wats taking us so long to get to mars,
becouse thay know thair is life thair and thay are yousing the rovers to sloly prepare us fo whats to come in the next 30 years when thay have none for the last 30 years

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikomi

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
This is absolutely ridiculous!!!.....Going to mars in 1962, we didnt even have the technology to go to the moon yet!!!....This is crazy!!....WE still dont have the tech to send ppl to Mars, mind you we are close, but NO way we went in 1962....Its common sense, COME ON!!!!

You honestly believe that all the technology we have is the latest? I remember seeing somewhere that the technology the US Military has is 30 years ahead of what we know.

My fault, this is what I originally meant to quote. ^

That's so true. I've heard a retired Military Officer state that if we saw what the Government truly had, it would be straight out of Star Wars. To think, it's PUBLIC knowledge that we are gaining the ability to "Beam-Up" Particles, or Objects, as is seen in Star Trek. Think of what we really have that we don't know about.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've seen another version of this video before, shorter and with no comments, about like the one first mentionned in the topic.

The version that NotTooHappy gives as a link is just great! I would honestly not hesitate to believe it is possible. Indeed the military may have things we don't suspect.

One question though... Does anyone know what language is spoken in the comments? (Not from the people inside the alleged craft) It sounds a bit like dutch or german, but I can't identify it, nor can I understand what is said. I'd like to...

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
it is german.

Nah, I cant believe this.

1962??? They could send people to Mars???

Not with our technology.................. GASP
and maybe thats the point!

NAh, just joking, we havent been to Mars. I wouldnt be suprised if some of the people here who claim that this video shows a true landing (between the US and Russia of all people) on Mars in 62 are some of teh same people who claim that the Moon landing was a hoax.

Fukkin lunatics!

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Did we even know what Mars looked like back then?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The video and commentary seems fake to me.

and about...

PUBLIC knowledge that we are gaining the ability to "Beam-Up" Particles, or Objects, as is seen in Star Trek.

That I know of the most we have been able to do was to trasnfer the properties of particles, this is known as Quantum entanglement. We can't beam up objects yet...
Its going to take quite some time for us to be able to transfer big objects, and the ability to trnasfer anything biological will take a lot longer.

Here is a link.
www.newscientist.com...

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
If it was a russian mission too, (i'm russian, i'de know), the russians would be bragging forever. Just as they are about bieng the first nation to have someone in space. They built tons of statues, it's everywhere. So if they went to Mars, it'de be everywhere. And the Russian government doesn't have any secrets, it's too arrogant

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
well if its a fake, its certainly not computer generated

funny really how much the landscape resemlbles rover pictures

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Anyone watch Capricorn one the other day??? It was about Nasa faking a mars landing!!! I think I just exceeded my download limit...........

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Anyone watch Capricorn one the other day??? It was about Nasa faking a mars landing!!! I think I just exceeded my download limit...........

It sounds like a great movie, they got to fake the mars landing in the middle of a desert. I hear it's where Bart got the supposedly 'leaked footage' of the apollo 11 practice landings for the "A funny thing happaned on the way to the moon" DVD that he's trying to sell.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think the vid is fake(imo) but i do not doubt it could be possible.

About cameras in the 60's, they exist much before that...it exist before WWI (actually there is a nice documentary, WWI in color with real images)

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe Mr. Nada has already told you the source of this video....

It's not the ONLY clip from this movie to be used in this way either...

Search is your friend...

Sorry, just been dying to use this pic, hehe....

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
gazrok that pic is truely hilarious dude!
rock on

i dont know what to think about this video really

what should i google for to read more? "Mars landing 1962"?

its very curious indeed...as it totally looks "60ish" in its entire composure...

i think its Possible...unlikely but Possible

perhaps thats why JFK said "we will go to the moon by the end of the decade " in 1961
maybe they did actually use alien craft to visit these places already

but who knows
its all a mystery

i wont believe in it or agianst it until i see more information

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Alternative three is a load of crap. If it was true the Earth would of already been devastated by the greenhouse gasses that were said to bring about the destruction of the earth. The only way it might be possible is if they found an alternative 4 which helped preserve the earth. A manned mission to Mars is possible now and probably was in the late 70's but the risk are very high and it would take months if not years to get there, even using the latest classified technology today it would still be a very big risk of getting there and back. Believe it or not we even today have the technology to get to the nearest star, it would just take decades to get there and would have to endure intense radiation and strong solar winds.

there are three ways of explaining alternative 3.
A. Its a fake
B. Scientist were wrong about the green house gasses.
C. There was another successful alternative

[edit on 24-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join