It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLICE: Are they getting stupider?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

These sadists, power hungry, cowards that you speak of are also in great supply among the general public, no?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Not so much in the public at large I would say. Perhaps in the criminal gangs they are about as well represented as in the police and government.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
I have noticed that more intelligent people are not attracted to the police or government service for the most part. Those who seek power over others are often of common or below average intellect and seek power in order to make up for these short comings and feel superior to others.

Many in the police are sadist and join for the fact that they are more likely to have a chance to beat or humiliate another person and do so under the protection of the law because in their soul they are cowardly and spiteful people. ...

You got it half right.

There are, basically, two kinds of people attracted to police work. Those that genuinely wish to help people in general and society as a whole, and the (for lack of a better term) "bullies". Most tests weed out the people that genuinely want to help because they aren't "aggressive" enough.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Some of the biggest and most brutish and hostile of police I have seen I could see the fear in their eyes when confronted by anything or anyone that did not do as they commanded. That fear in their eyes then turns into rage as they replace their inner fear with hatred to overcome that fear.

I have seen it in the military as well in among combat arms troops. Those of us who were not like that recognized people with this fear that they over compensate with violence and brutish manners. We tended to make these sorts walk point to help them to face their fear or die from their own stupidity which ever came first. Either way the problem resolves itself.

In the police it is a different story. The police have the blue line. They tend to overlook and even lie to cover up for those who act in this uncivil manner. Those who would like to out these abusive or even criminal sorts dare not because then the majority who are the thuggish types would leave them hanging to let them die if they ever got into trouble. It is a rule by fear and social reinforcement of those of the lowest order to control the group.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think this is BS.

I have been pulled over for reasons that are disturbing, and resorted to question specific tactics just to see what the outcome would be.

I.e's:

1) After a concert, I and 3 others (two couples) in 1971 Mark III, turning left downtown after dark, wait for pedestrian and after turning, get pulled over.

Reason: "I wanted to make sure you saw the pedestrian crossing the street" by female officer

2) Driving home from work in 1967 Galaxie 500 pulled over.

Reason: Couldn't see tail lights for 500 feet. (it was not dark yet, but I was running lights)

3) Pull out of park in 1966 Chevelle and perform 5 infractions in 1 city block.

Reason: to ask if I went to "Sears Driving School"..No kidding...got warning only.

4) Pulled over in a chrysler.

Reason: Car fitting mine in description sought for bank robbery. When asked if I had any "illegal weapons, drugs, or anything I shouldn't have", I answered "No". After 3 repeated askings, finally asked if I "had any knives or guns". I answered, "Yes", and described where my permit and holster(s) were, while keeping my hands on my car top the entire time.

I was "schooled" about how most cops would drive me to the brush and use me for a punching bag had I not declared that at the time I handed my license. I knew this was a "cop law" and not in any code, yet testing tolerance, This officer was a straight shooter and respected my privacy sending me on my way.

5) pulled over just after a 12 hour drive. two units. I was asked to remain outside with observing officer. My nephew was in passenger seat and had 2 Oz. of rope making plant. The officer asking why my pupils were large as his shadow blocked the mid-day blazing sun from my eyes.
When asked if they could search the vehicle, I said go ahead, and then they followed by will we find anything we shouldn't? I said I don't know.

They forced my nephew out of the vehicle and searched to no avail.
(the rope making raw material was pocketed by my nephew prior to the search)....I think I ran over a skunk just prior to being pulled over, but the officers nor I could find any evidence of such..
When asked why I was pulled over...
Reason: Rookie cop was being observed on his first ever vehicle stop....I was chosen randomly..

I have more, but you get the point. Now, you say todays rookies are.. "stupider"?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join