It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD's were found in IRAQ.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

"ridiculous"....please use spell check!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

As far as I'm concerned, until they find weapons that could wipe other countries completely off the map...they have not found weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION.

Chemical weapons cause death and destruction for a small surrounding area. Nuclear weapons cause MASS DESTRUCTION.

Let me repeat...weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION have not been found...likely because we sell them their weapons, and we're not gonna give them weapons that are actually powerful enough to use against US

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The Bush administration were trouble by Iraq being poised to use WMDs, nad their intelligence were pretty sure they (a) had them, and (b) were ready to use them - Oh, lest we forget Colin Powell's satellite imagery of the troops amassed at the borders....

These chemical weapons were present before Gulf War I, and provided by us.
Hardly intelligence, more of an inventory/audit.

Degraded? How long does this stuff take to degrade?
We're they all up and ready to go in 2001? No. They were already degraded.
Hardly a threat.

Tsk.

I patiently await the "next" excuse for Gulf War II.

"Quick look over there! It is...it is a distraction!"

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
one of my many friends who served in iraq was on patrol where troops had found several unsecured warehouse's of high grade explosives(500 tons+) and were ordered to stand down and leave facilitys un destroyed. Ive seen small article's on it too fromoutside the us. The explosives found after use in the suicide bombings have chemicaly unique properties same as those ordered to be left abandoned(saddams iraq guard brand of death). The explosives have been fueling the suicide bombers ever since. The media points blame at other countrys. While the real reason orders were sent down to leave it was $ from the profits and more destruction. Order from chaos

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RushLimbaugh
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

"ridiculous"....please use spell check!

Hey Rush... I have read some of your prior postings. In Cowgirls' defense, I would rather be prone to the occasional spelling error than an intolerant propagandist. As long as you are concerned with accuracy in spelling you might want to give some attention to accuracy in content. Example below where you equate Islamic Extremists with the entire Muslim religion and then claim that Obama is a Muslim and funded by Muslims.

Originally posted by RushLimbaugh
What better way for the Islamic terrorists to destroy America from the inside, i.e., have Obama elected as president. Obama has been raising a lot of money in his campaign, where do you think all that cash has come from? Muslims.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Admittedly we may have found weapons of 'mass destruction,' but pray tell... where did those resources come from? Perhaps you weren't aware that we (as in the United States) decided Iraq was the lesser of two evils in the 1980's and funded them immensely during their war with Iran.

A Wonderful Compilation of Evidence

I'm afraid this site manages to gather every point I would like to make about this topic in a far better manner than anything I could muster up. In fact, it even has citations if you're into having your evidence validated by another party!

In particular I would like to make this quote known if you opt not to go to the site I provided:

On May 25, 1994, The U.S. Senate Banking Committee released a report in which it was stated that pathogenic (meaning disease producing), toxigenic (meaning poisonous ) and other biological research materials were exported to Iraq, pursuant to application and licensing by the U.S. Department of Commerce. It added: These exported biological materials were not attenuated or weakened and were capable of reproduction. The report then detailed 70 shipments (including anthrax bacillus) from the United States to Iraqi government agencies over three years.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think what Dale is saying is SOME WMDs were found, about 500 chemical munitions, but NOT the WMDs we were led to believe by Colin Powell's trip to the UN.

In those reports, Colin made a case for Saddam having bio-warfare labs in rolling 18 wheelers, several bunkered labs holding chemical warheads, and nuclear tipped warhead Scuds. Pictures were shown and aerial reconnaisance photos were doctored to show these claims. Actually we gave Saddam several good diagrams for hiding his "WMDs" during Powell's UN report.

The nuclear issue came from bogus claims about nuclear "cakes" from Africa which turned out to be one above ground bunker of old radioactive Uranium- nowhere near the weapons grade nuclear material the Bush administration claimed. It was all puffed up, photoshopped lies to try and justify a war no one really wanted and the Iraqis didn't deserve.

But in all fairness 500 chemical warheads with traces of deadly Sarin and Mustard gas were found. (They should check out the US's stockpiles of chem munitions from WW1! We could a outperformed Saddam 1000 to 1!)

Its a good post but a meager one after the fact. Nice post though Dale.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Iraq had mass amounts of WMD's up through 1998/99. Operation Desert Fox in late 1998 hit over 75 target sites. The purpose was to "To strike military and security targets in Iraq that contribute to Iraq's ability to produce, store, maintain and deliver weapons of mass destruction." After that Saddams WMD's mysteriously disappear.

Were they destroyed, buried, shipped to Syria, or a combination? Bits and remnants of chemical and biological munitions have been found throughout the current operation, but have not received much press.

In any case the WMD issue is history. We're there now, whatever the original reason, and need to leave the place in a better situation than it was before we invaded.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Actually, it's not all that coincidental at all. I actually knew about this years back, I believe this was mentioned back in 2006. I don't remember the exact number that they mentioned in the article (it might've been less than 500 back then) but this isn't a surprise to me at all, to me this sounds like a follow up to an already old story.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
We all know Sadam used WMD's before on his own people and fact of the matter they use to make them also there.Point maybe they are looking in the wrong place for these weapons.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

source:
www.foxnews.com...

also i dont know if this is in the right place. please move if needed..

foxnews

enough said... oh people you seriously need to wake up......

Turn off the T.V please.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh yeah, If Iraq had all these WMDs, and Saddam was such a horrific threat to the west...How come he didn't use any of them when we invaded? How come he didn't use any of them before we invaded?

Try picturing this...I say I need to attack Joe Schmo because he has hardcore weapons and he's an immediate threat to me...there is no need to go any further here...
If Joe is a threat and he has all these weapons, why does he not use them before I even have a chance to attack him?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
are you stupid they knew there were wmd the US sold it to them years ago

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
We all know Sadam used WMD's before on his own people and fact of the matter they use to make them also there.Point maybe they are looking in the wrong place for these weapons.

Saddam was a puppet, an eejit, an ally, a terrorist, a nice man, a bad man, a dictator, a weak man, a friend. He had weapons, He had none.

People would you seriously wake up. He was a puppet and everything else he was supposed to be. He was put there to do the job that was required to engineer a war, for the American elites to go in and take the oil.

George Senior Bush was allys with the man, and traded with him. Gave him all the weapons he ever needed. Would please stop watching the news for christ sakes and wake up to reality.

It's total and utter brainwashing.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alkali

As a matter of fact the USAF lost not one but three nuclear weapons with multiple warheads within the last year. Try a Google search before engaging mouth - err keyboard.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Bush did not lie. You all know that but would rather lie yourselves to make your point. He simply repeated what his intelligence told him, combined with the information he got from the Clinton Administration and what was coming from Allies.

Saddam did in fact break the peace treaty he agreed too many times, but many of you also ignore that or spin that which no matter how you phrase it is lying. If you have to lie to make an argument, why bother joining in a debate. It makes you exactly the same as the Politicians you claim to hate so much. If you hate them, why do many of you emulate them?

The whole damn world including the UN thought he had WMD's. Everything else is a bald faced lie and even those of you arguing the opposite know it is a lie. Some posting here would make great politicians as you already have the art of Spin (lying) down.

Here is some more ammo for the OP -

Link to source of below quotes.

We interrupt this scandal to ask a question that, due to it's 'explosive' nature was never asked when the story broke almost exactly a year ago...

What were 500 tons of yellow cake uranium still doing at the nuclear research center of Al—Tuwaitha in Iraq when American tanks rolled into Baghdad?

The fact that the material was under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for more than a decade opens an entirely different line of questioning: Is the entire group of United Nations bureaucrats running the IAEA legally insane?

Source

New evidence out of Iraq suggests the U.S. effort to track down Saddam Hussein's missing weapons of mass destruction is having better success than is being reported.
Key assertions by the intelligence community widely judged in the media and by critics of President Bush as having been false are turning out to have been true after all.

But this stunning news has received little attention from the major media, and the president's critics continue to insist that "no weapons" have been found.

In virtually every case -- chemical, biological, nuclear and ballistic missiles -- the United States has found the weapons and the programs that the Iraqi dictator successfully concealed for 12 years from U.N. weapons inspectors.

The Iraq Survey Group, ISG, whose intelligence analysts are managed by Charles Duelfer, a former State Department official and deputy chief of the U.N.-led arms-inspection teams, has found "hundreds of cases of activities that were prohibited" under U.N. Security Council resolutions, a senior administration official tells Insight.

Lest we forget who Saddam was, some photo's of one of his hobbies utilizing some of those harmless shells that were found. Some in the top photo are said to be still alive after being hit with Mustard Gas -

*Snip*

Wonderful guy this Saddam. Some would seem to like us to forget exactly what Iraq was like and who Saddam was. Why is that. What do you have to gain by whitewashing who he was and the life the Iraqis were living?

What is this ridiculous argument about the US gave Saddam these weapons? If that is true it is even more incumbent upon the US to have gotten rid of Saddam and his weapons. Your failure to mention why we got involved with him is also very dishonest. The Middle East is a nightmare that nobody is quite sure how to deal with. All that money and still living in the dark ages.

Do any of you honestly think that Saddam would have given up on his plans of taking over Saudi Arabia and never have tried again? You are aware that is why he went into Kuwait, or are you? Interesting how people try to pervert history to win ideological arguments on the Internet.

If anyone here thinks Saddam did not move his weapons to another area where they still exist, have I got a bridge to sell you. Some day they will show up. Maybe in YOUR backyard.

*Staff Edit - Removed offensive images from post.*

[edit on 7/18/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
THE WMD's ARE REALLY JUST PIECES OF STARGATES, AND THOSE ARE THE WMD's BECAUSE OF WHAT COULD BE DONE WITH THEM!!

remember those aluminum-looking tubes they found??? according to top-secret guys (like on www.projectcamelot.org ), those are the actual gates themselves. i really wish i could remember who exactly said that... i believe Iraq had 2 of them - we aquired one by making a man rich beyond his dreams, and Saddam was "smart" enough to keep us from getting the other one. i'm gonna try to find who all said this, and will come back and edit this post later. basically it makes more sense than anything i've heard from the media...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

All the news sources reported on these shells and you know that. If you actually watch the news that is. AP and Reuters also reported it. Google is your friend. More spin (lies)?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by mind is the universe

All the news sources reported on these shells and you know that. If you actually watch the news that is. AP and Reuters also reported it. Google is your friend. More spin (lies)?

You believe everything you hear on the news? especially when it comes to politics.

Sorry but I need to cover my mouth

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join