It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW FORUM: Economics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
If you like the idea

Flag it!

To get the thread some attention!

yes sir

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
With all the hand-wringing and worry expressed in economics threads, I can't believe this thread only has 12 flags.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
*Bump* perhaps more people will see it on their Recent Posts....

Flagged Mr. Rockpuck

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Certainly.

It would be of benefit to everyone to learn more about economics.

I hope it will be filled with more understanding than fear.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Why thank you Mrs. Carrot!

I to would have thought that it would have gotten more support. Most economic based threads get boatloads of attention, why not give it it's own forum.. C'mon people...

FLAG it!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well Mr. Rockpuck,

Economics effects our lives in all facets, whether or not people realize. From the way we spend our Time (Opportunity Costs) to the way we spend our Money....it all revolves around Economics...perhaps the subject itself is just too dry for some people...thats why we should have an Economics Forum - to educate more people on its importance in our everyday lives...So I support the idea of a Econ. Forum.

- Ms. Carrot

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Flag + Bump.

I see "Economic Issues" in my myATS, but it seems like that forum's dead or something
, so yeah, a new or rejuvenated "Economics" forum would be great!

Especially since I know
about economics!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
i actually sent the same idea in using the "contact us" link because i didn't know where to find this little spot on the site.
i have made one small step towards ignorance denial.

anyway. bump, flag and all that.
this idea needs to happen.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I support this idea, and flagged.

The only main point I would like to add...

Make sure this is on ATS, not BTS. If this means it can only be economics with a conspiracy twist, so be it, but as soon as a catagory gets moved to BTS or is created on BTS, it loses 90% of member's interest. I know I haven't logged into BTS in years.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Economics should get its own forum if the friggin "gray area" gets its own forum.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Let me start the ball rolling !

GM and Ford on the verge of bankruptcy . Now that is scary 230,000 workers at least will be in the streets.
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Economics should get its own forum if the friggin "gray area" gets its own forum.

LOL Dulcimer! I'm in total agreeance!! haha..

Love the "friggin" that's funny!

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea, so i vote YES and gave it a star.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

That seems like sound reasoning to me. Thread duly flagged.

I suppose the problem might be that economics is often inextricably linked to politics. I suppose it could go in the 'Above Politics Political Forums'. (Incidentally I have to confess I find the whole 'AbovePolitics has gone' issue very confusing, seing as the ATS central board still displays the 'APP Forums'. Enlightenment would be welcome.) But then again, topics posted there might receive less attention than if they remain in the current venues. I just posted a new topic on how economics is dying out as a subject; separating economic issues off might well become their graveyard.

How about a categorisation flag of some kind? When posting a topic the author could tick a box that says 'economics' or 'politics' (or both). When viewing the list, readers could click a button or tick a little box that would display all topics in one of these three categories, much like selecting an an email alias in an inbox. It could be argued that this approach would prevent ATS from becoming too fragmented. Even as things stand I find there isn't enough time to even glance at most forums, which unfortunately narrows the whole experience. The 'recent posts' button is the only present antidote, and I find that frighteningly psychedelic.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think an economics forum would be great.
Flagged.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Your Forum Come True

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well it's seems the squeakiest wheels get greased.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The old economics forum from AbovePolitics.com has been revived and reincarnated as the new economics forum on AboveTopSecret.com with the new name...
Global Meltdown
Link to the Global Meltdown forum

"A special forum for the discussion of the global meltdown of financial markets and the possibility of behind-the-scenes manipulation of commodity, financial, and equity markets designed to initiate global chaos."

Sorry Sky, I'm slow on the up take today

[edit on 25/7/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Woohoo .. thanks for all the support guys!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join