It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW FORUM: Economics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hi,

I would like to see an Economics forum on ATS.. there are quite a few Economic threads that occur every week, with the volume of threads, I don't see why it cannot have it's own forum with it's own economic moderators??

Anyone else wish to see an Economics forum?

Of course naturally financial advise in regards to the market or anything like it would be strictly forbidden.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Good idea Rock
I wonder if anyone else has noticed that this site really nailed the state of the economy quite a while ago. Now the MSM is catching up to ATS.

I think there are quite a few people on this board that are well versed in how the monitary system works enough to really participate in such threads.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I completely support the idea. As it may or may not be about to implode - depending on which members you ask - it would be great to have it all consolidated in one neat and tidy spot.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We had one on the old Above Politics Board but it got lost in the merger (not sure exactly into which forum all the threads got moved).

It was a very quiet board because most economic stuff gets discussed in Breaking News or Current Events.

Considering the amount of attention the topic is getting lately, it may be time to revisit the idea...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I did not even know there was an economics forum. Some forums where not posted on "most recent posts" and thus, got no attention (which is why PTS died) There was no exclusive community like on BTS.

IMO, all Economic related threads should be directed into an Economics forum, regardless if it's breaking news .. because well .. most things Economic are recent developments unless your discussing theories..

I have to say like wuk did, we have some bright economic intellectuals here that have been speaking out for over a year now.. In fact, we are the only ones on ATS to get a prediction right!

I say we economic nerds out there deserve a home of our own!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Put me down for a 'yes' vote.

Economics is a major component of any conspiracy, and contains quite a few all on its own. Should be a very interesting forum.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Gools

... In fact, we are the only ones on ATS to get a prediction right!

No truer words have ever been typed on ATS.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I kind of support the idea. I would like a forum to discuss things like economics seriously where some kind of proof beyond a conspiracy blog is required to support you. Economics is a complex issue and I have a feeling the forum would end up being a home for countless "OMG OMG OMG!!! THE ECONOMY IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!! WE ARE DOOMED!!!" threads, with the "evidence" being from a conspiracy blog or the fact that the stock markets went down 50 points.

I guess I'm agnostic about it then. Good idea in theory, but I'm afraid to see what it would look like in practice.

Saying eventually the economy is going to go down is like predicting the sun will rise. If you say it enough, you will eventually be right - at least every 8-10 years (recessions occur like clockwork).

[edit on 17-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Troll. Could you once, just ONCE post in a thread without bringing your agenda into it?

I will debate the economy ANY DAY with you. But leave this crap out of it.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by TruthWithin]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Oh, and YES. RockPuck, AWESOME idea. You have a big yes from me!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Thanks Truth,

I hope the Amigo's notice the talent we have on these boards, I can only assume they have read a few of the Economic articles on ATS from time to time.

They are typically highly intelligent threads the delve into deep economic theories, flaws and conspiracies..

Which brings me to Lightndarkness:

It's a conspiracy forum, and most likely most threads will hold some form of conspiracy..

While I do not lean so much on conspiracy as I do institutional fraud, flaw and ignorance, those predicting economic conditions back last June July and August have been 100% nail on the head here...

When I want a dissection of daily Economic news.. I come expectantly to ATS to join in the conversation.

And for that, I think we deserve our own forum!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Let's keep it civil people.

ALID has said his piece and is free to move on (as we all are).

BTW, I've cast my vote by posting my support and by flagging the thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There should be an economics forum or something like it. But make it not suck.

+1 Flag

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Flagged as a YES from me and ..... uhhhh.. Oh yeah, Can't star it...

I think this is a good idea, especially with the current economic situation in the United States..

Semper

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
some kind of proof beyond a conspiracy blog

I dislike having to do this again, but if one would check out the "conspiracy blog"
source, often times they have as a source something as reliable as a 'mainstream' citation.

I would like to remind everyone that ATS is a collaborative blog...we just do it better than everyone. We take all sources and it is we who make them reliable...biased reporting is no longer the foray of popular media...period.

That said...an economics forum wouldn't be a bad idea...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Edit: I'm not going to feed the doom and gloom troll.

Anyways, I say go for it. At the very least, the comedy value will be high for some of the threads. The rest of them we could perhaps have high quality discussions in.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think this is a good idea, especially with the current economic collapse

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Ferengi]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If this is a poll, and we are allowed to vote...

Then I vote yes. An Economic Forum would be an excellent idea!! Even though a lot of whats happening right now in current events can be linked back to the Economy, I think having a Forum for it would be a great idea.

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm all for giving it a shot. See how it pans out. If people utilize it, great! If not, merge the threads into existing forums.

You don't lose anything.
Let's get this forum going!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
If you like the idea

Flag it!

To get the thread some attention!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join