It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of Mental Illness and Scientology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I believe mental illness is a myth of sorts. I believe that mental illness is severely misunderstood and misinterpreted to cast doubt on God and the human race. I believe that most people in mental hospitals are victims of big pharma and a government brain washing project similar to MKUltra. I am not a Scientologist, however I do have connections with the scientologist that I will not go into details about.

I do not trust them, and know that they too are a part of a conspiracy to destroy the Christian faith and control the masses. I know that Scientology is very, very wicked. However they do speak the truth on one subject matter. That truth being mental illness is a myth and that people do not need to be taking big pharma’s legal acid and meth, called psychiatric medicines.

Just take a look at a list of the side effects of any and every Psychiatric drug and you will see that it has some mental health side effects. Along with rebound side effects, meaning it can cause your symptoms to get worse, and even give a person who has never experienced the symptom to contract the symptom the drug is supposed to prevent. Please do your research on this subject matter, and stop doping up yourself and your loved ones.

Just because someone has a chemical imbalance does not mean that they are seeing and hearing things that are not there. Just because they can see and hear things that you cannot does not mean they are not really there. It just means that the person with the chemical imbalance can communicate with the other side, or perceive things that most human beings cannot, e.g. radio waves. The human brain is one of the biggest mysteries out there and holds the keys to proving the existence of God.

Take a look at the history of psychiatric medicine, in the 1960s. They were treating mental illness with acid. This idea came from the CIA. Now days it is less obvious but they are still using acid to treat psychiatric patients. The acid just comes in different forms and different names now days. Please research the side effects of every drug you take or give to your children, then compare it to what all is going on in your life. Always dare to think for yourself, because one day soon it will be illegal for you to do that, by way of H.R. 1955 A Thought Crimes Bill.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
when you look at the brain you will find that the activity that go's on in there are many different chemical reactions, these chemicals work in unison to maintain a certain equilibrium, when the brain starts producing too much or not enough of these chemicals it upsets the balance of our brains and this contributes to eratic behaviour, mood swings etc.

the medications provided by pham companies although ill agree in many cases are quite toxic, however they can inhibit or help the brain to create more of a particular chemical.

look up dopamine and seratonin

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Don't be silly, I am living proof to both myself and others that mental illness is not a myth...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Don't be silly, I am living proof to both myself and others that mental illness is not a myth...

You are not alone, my friend. My voices and I say so.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
"That truth being mental illness is a myth"
Im not going to waste my time arguing about something so silly, because clearly mental illness is NOT a myth.
What about trauma based schizophrenia where the brain is actually malformed.
Thats just 1 physically proven form of mental illness.
There is many others.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
"That truth being mental illness is a myth"
Im not going to waste my time arguing about something so silly, because clearly mental illness is NOT a myth.
What about trauma based schizophrenia where the brain is actually malformed.
Thats just 1 physically proven form of mental illness.
There is many others.

Is it an illness or is it an advantage? A special advantage that is a blessing and a curse. I am not denying that there are chemical imbalances. Of course there is, but the idea that it is an illness is ridiculous. Those chemical imbalances hold the keys to finding scientific proof of the existence of God and the human soul. Those chemical imbalances activates parts of the human brain that for the most part are unexplored by science. All it is doing is activating parts of their brains that the so-called "norms" can only dream of.

The conspiracy is very much so real. Most of the people on psych meds don't need to be on them. The majority of mental patients are victims of pharmaceutical medicines. However there are cases that the chemical imbalances occur naturally, without the aid of psych meds. Those cases are very rare though. I would guess 1 out of every 1000 people have it occur naturally with out the aid of psych meds.

On one final note, you say you will not waste your time debating me. You just want to tell me your views but do not want to listen to mine. Do you know what having a closed mind is?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

That is really funny, you are really

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I had ADHD when I was younger and believe me MENTAL ILLNESSES aren't myths. They are real. I was unable to concentrate without some kind of medication. I just wasn't able to think straight. I was unable to focus in school... it was just awful.

Also, a lot of what you read on ATS about having a mental disease as a gift is just bull#. I remember what I went through. To make matters worse not only did I have ADHD but I also didn't have corrected vision... I could barely read... and it was impossible for me to write so I always had to use a computer or I had to dictate to someone. When I didn't take the medication I felt shaky.

I couldn't show emotions or display them. I couldn't have conversations. That's just the way I was. My mind was so utterly disengaged with reality that I was barely able to function. My thoughts were always really random.

Having a mental illness isn't a gift, and, I don't think anyone who has a mental illness would tell you that. It's more of a curse.

I can answer any questions that would clear any doubts as to whether mental illnesses are myths or not.

And also, mental illnesses are not a thing to be joked about. I don't have ADHD anymore but I don't go around saying that I was lied to about ADHD because I know what I went through.
[edit on 17-7-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The chemical imbalance theory is just a theory, there is no way to test somebody with first episode psychosis to identify chemical imbalance. For example dopamine theory was based on giving amphetamines to rats that exhibited psychosis like behavior, so the drugs that dulled their mind effecting dopamine receptors that didn't instantly kill them were pushed onto the market. Some research is even suggesting the glutamate theory based on PCP giving people psychosis and there are other theories that make more sense then chemical imbalance targeting dopamine .. The "Medicines" originated from things like industrial solvents and ink etc... this chemical imbalance theory is mainly used by drug companies to sell drugs or get people to completely believe they have an illness that would rather seek a spiritual or holistic answer to their problems and makes it more tangible like they commonly associate to diabetes and cancer broken leg etc yet that medicine can be tested psychiatry can not .. They use theory that makes sense I guess, that's why its so effective but can't suggest why theere is a chemical imbalance in the first place if there even is one.. Orthomolecular Medicine can cure any mental from Autism to schizophrenia ADHD depression, using vital nutrient therapy that effects metabolism of chemicals not just targeting dopamine or seratonin which has no real scientific credibility .... Drug companies influence has pushed alternative off the scene and covered up the fact that drugs only have marginal benefit compared to placebo in select few studies done, they don't include studies with adverse reactions, coverup links to suicide diabetes movement disorders ticks etc..... Non drug treatment and Psychotherapy is actually superior by far in the long term.. Drugs actually prevent healing from Psychic event... Look up Soteria house, loren Mosher did some work with drug free treatment like a safe house and had results far superior to hospital treatment (had to close down for lack of funding) .... drugged and sedated which inhibits the effectiveness of alternative therapy not that any are administered & hampers quality of life..

No doubt some people get results with the drugs, most of the drugs give the illusion of effectiveness and are actually causing more damage then good and yeah they cause brain abnormality and chemical imbalance, giving illusion of effectiveness... Especially so with the popular myth of there being brain abnormalities in psychosis, it was a theory but the drugs are what cause the abnormalities and brain shrinkage... there is no evidence of brain shrinkage in treatment naive patients and the shrinkage correlates to the length and intensity of the treatment, just professionals can't tell the difference or know what is going on, look up brain shrinkage in monkeys on nueroleptics and I heard a story that a healthy volunteer had injection and brain shrunk within minutes... Psychiatry never did have much understanding of the mind, they just good a labeling people and feeding drugs for sole beenefit of drug companies, glorified drug pushers practicing and promoting psuedo-science that everybody takes as being fact when its not..

The drug industries have infiltrated the governments, education systems and use clever marketing tactics to sell the myths about mental illness for the sole purpose of profit.. Most scientific literature and what the general public knows is base on marketing of drug companies, like the chemical imbalance theory which can't be proved..

I suck, doing the best I can... And yeah can believe that it is a myth, like a social construct Population control---The truth is being hidden by drug companies to prevent humane treatment of mentally ill.... It could even be an extension of the holocaust as psychiatry actually initiated the idea of sterilizing and euthanasing mentally ill patients, 250 000 were killed then and the psychiatrists got off and migrated to America and the company I G Farben that made the gas in the gas chambers linked to Rockefeller, or he was chief executive of the company got of war crime charges, the company split and probably founder of many of the drug companies I know it is for the first abortion pill anyway.. Rockefeller also had ties to Psychiatrists and the theory of genetics in psychiatry stems from there, so you know that that was part of the Nazi propaganda that is still present... Myabe we still look up to the teachings of those psychiatrist that migrated to America in places like the American Psychiatric Association that still quotes the forefathers who theorised that fear and terror could cure illness... Most mental health organisations and health departments of government are heavily funded by Pharma companies as are researchers supposed to be doing legitimate research acting as a marketing arm and we but their trash as being truth...

Sorry I don't have any links, this thread is old... maybe I can try
Society is basically run by these evil F#@$ks...
edit on 29-1-2012 by Raguel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
toot toot!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The Myth of Mental Illness:

In the beginning there was humanity and they were sane. Every individual lived a conscious life backed up by a strong subconscious that allowed these humans to strive for upward mobility. Then one day, evil in the form of perversion and unchecked ambition began to infect certain minds. These infected minds saw the sane around them as a problem that needed to be contained and controlled, so the infected minds began using whatever advantage they could to rule over the sane.

The sane, being sane, were generally a people who lived by a credo of live and let live, coupled with a general belief that it would be more expedient to go along to get along. This live and let live attitude and the willingness to go along to get along was all the infected minds needed to create their kingdoms. The infected minds devised strategies, doctrines, and manifesto's to justify their tyranny. Soon the sane were becoming infected with this perversion and unchecked ambition and in time humanity was no longer sane, and all were insane...or mentally ill, if you will.

However, among the infected, there were still those who held onto vague memories of sanity. These few realized that the paradigm they had so imprudently agreed to was a failed paradigm and so one by one, these individuals fought to regain their sanity and then stepping outside of themselves accepted responsibility for more themselves and began to fight for the sanity of all. They had answered a call to adventure. They had finally answered a call they had for so long refused.

In answering this call, they found their wise old men, their Obi Wan Kinobi's and their Yoda's. They had their Uncle Ben Parker's and their Alfred Pennyworth's to help prepare them for the battles ahead. In this preparation and either before or while crossing that threshold of the call to adventure they formed the necessary alliances necessary to fight the infected minds.

These sane individuals were the mythic heroes of humanity who fought for something greater themselves.

The above is a myth. A myth may be fiction, it can be true, or steeped in truth, but whether fiction or not, the importance was the truths these myths relayed.

No one will ever get bit by a radioactive spider and suddenly find themselves possessed with spider sense and super human strength and agility. That is a fiction.

"With great power comes great responsibility" is not a fiction. It is true. Spiderman is a myth. Mental illness may or may not be fiction, but it is not - by any stretch of the imagination - a myth.

The power of the myth lies in the life lessons they impart. In relation to this thread, I can't help but wonder if people will ever consider why it is the word "myth" has been bastardized to the point where now that word is synonymous with lie or falsehood. What sort of cultural meme is this? Who gains by diminishing the word myth and reducing it to the context it is used in this thread, and ad nauseum everyday in every form of media?

That sort of insanity worries me greatly.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I absolutely hate threads like these. OP it is very irresponsible for you to make such a claim as this. Mental illness is 100% real!

One of the biggest obstacles the mentally ill face is taking or staying on their medeication. We do not need people saying the illness is not real so don't take your meds.

Every drug has side effects, not just psychiatric drugs. One must exercise common sense and weigh the benefits.

Not sure what you are saying about Christianity and mental illness. I know God provides helpers in our lives and we must be responsible enough to accept that help.

If it were not for certain medications, I would not be here today. To sugests that becoming delusional and hallucinating i.e. psychotic is some kind of gift, tells me you understand very little about mental illness and the human psyche. Please educate yourself before making such outlandish claims.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

One of the biggest obstacles the mentally ill face is taking or staying on their medeication. We do not need people saying the illness is not real so don't take your meds.

Because this post is nothing more than reification it is reckless and irresponsible. Consider this:

The Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America

In 1987, prior to Prozac hitting the market and the current ubiquitous use of antidepressants and other psychiatric drugs, the U.S. mental illness disability rate was 1 in every 184 Americans, but by 2007 the mental illness disability rate had more than doubled to 1 in every 76 Americans.

Mental Illness on the Rise in U.S.

So what accounts for these disturbing statistics? The survey hints at the answer, suggesting that record rates of unemployment have certainly contributed. Unfortunately, as so many Americans know from personal experience, losing your job almost always means losing your health insurance; thereby, leaving many vulnerable at the time when they are most in need.

This excerpt hints at what that articles true agenda is and is most assuredly is not an advocacy of curing mental illness but instead, and arguably, first expanding the parameters of what define mental illness, prescribing pharmaceuticals to handle the symptoms that have now been included in the paradigm of mental illness, and finally advocating some insurance scheme to pay for it. Hardly a paragon of sanity, this model.

Colleges See Rise in Mental Health Issues:

"One of the questions is whether they're seeing an increase in the number and severity of students with mental health problems," Eisenberg says. "And over 90 percent [of college counseling services] are saying yes to that question." Just one example: In 2007, around 15 percent of students reported having been diagnosed with depression at some point in their lives; that's up from 10 percent in 2000.

How convenient for the pharmaceutical companies that depression is considered a mental health problem. Have a heart attack lately? If that caused you depression, you're not just physically ill, you're now mentally ill. Just break up with your girlfriend and now you're depressed? Better see a mental health professional and get on those meds!

The Epidemic of Mental Illness: Why?

It seems that Americans are in the midst of a raging epidemic of mental illness, at least as judged by the increase in the numbers treated for it. The tally of those who are so disabled by mental disorders that they qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) increased nearly two and a half times between 1987 and 2007—from one in 184 Americans to one in seventy-six. For children, the rise is even more startling—a thirty-five-fold increase in the same two decades. Mental illness is now the leading cause of disability in children, well ahead of physical disabilities like cerebral palsy or Down syndrome, for which the federal programs were created.

A large survey of randomly selected adults, sponsored by the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and conducted between 2001 and 2003, found that an astonishing 46 percent met criteria established by the American Psychiatric Association (APA) for having had at least one mental illness within four broad categories at some time in their lives. The categories were “anxiety disorders,” including, among other subcategories, phobias and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); “mood disorders,” including major depression and bipolar disorders; “impulse-control disorders,” including various behavioral problems and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD); and “substance use disorders,” including alcohol and drug abuse. Most met criteria for more than one diagnosis. Of a subgroup affected within the previous year, a third were under treatment—up from a fifth in a similar survey ten years earlier.

Is Childhood Mental Illness on the Rise or Overdiagnosed?

The Mental Illness Industry is Medicalizing Normality

Tying the Rise in Mental Illness to Drugs Used in its Treatment

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
All I know of Scientology in relation to mental health is together with Thomas Szasz (who wrote extensively on the subject of 'Myth of mental illness') formed is the Citizens Commission for Human Rightswww.cchr.org...... But they're not there to teach scientology, they do fantastic job of uncovering conflicts of interest influential figures have with drug company and expose the disinformation teaching people Rights which are constantly neglected in Hospital system, haven't contacted them but they seem to be doing good work for people.....

Psychiatrists know very little on the nature of mental illness, so if you want to know something about it they're the last you'd go to for trustworthy information as I said before[my previous post disappeared for some reason---actually no it didn't pardon me] they charade themselves with psuedo-science thats sole purpose is to push drugs that they know very little of the actual effects and bias knowledge to cover the dangers and ineffectiveness of the drugs they promote.. Also extremely ignorant to the social and spiritual aspects of the experiences people face, basically ignore contributing factors to let drugs do their thing...

One thing relevant to religion is they are actually using Witchcraft and sorcery on people as the words in the Bible for this translate to greek words containing Pharma, where we get the word Pharmacuetical pharmacy etc is evil and they're damned to hell according to the bible, maybe even other spiritual texts too.. (antidote to sorcery according to Enoch the Fallen angels taught mankind these arts that promoted vanity and warfare, another reason for mental spiritual unrest. symbolism of broken mirror IMO relates vanity to insanity..the book actually states the fallen angels taught us how to make mirrors too, supposedly forbidden but shows how deep the serpent and other fallen angels has effected mankind in everything we do-- Interesting book, bible neglected it for some reason , maybe because of its a catch 22 that it can be used in teaching forbidden knowledge to some degree, or deciphered to use in ways it wasn't intended) ... not a christian technically, but they say god can make these poisons ineffective, I guess I've experienced that, but then the pressures of society to conform to drinking fluoride etc (thats major component of a lot of psych drugs) dumbs me down, can't stand up to shrinks , the drugs make people easily dominated by authority promoting helplessness and defenseless , Its an act of social manipulation, history shows this and the Art hasn't come very far from torture chambers and practicing torture on the mentally ill, the drugs are like torture that can't be described under its influence, a platueo. Its just disguised feeding poison to people and claiming it is medicine

A Spiritual aspect of Psychotic experience can be likened to hearing the voice of Angels but usually it is deviant spirits fallen angel cocodemon etc distorting the truth and inflicting delusions, they must profit from disturbing the peace..... Also problems with ascension, transcending the realms of mob mentality, it can have traps , easy to misinterpret signals and signs from a divine source , divine plan of god a sense of greater purpose that can lead to delusions of grandeur thinking one to be Jesus or a prophet, process of for-filling destiny but getting side tracked with the ego's response in relation to cultural norms or self awareness it is a sign of madness as inflicted by how society is influenced by science of psychiatry in dissecting peoples inner reality-- psych drugs destroy this new found awareness or connection to divine plan entirely, destroying sense of spirit and place in the universe that these lofty minds were uncovering in themselves. Also I guess it is like vicarious situations to open so many doors to god consciousness, conflict with the ego and self-Annihilation ..

Mental illness can also be likened to Kundalini awakening were people can begin to doubt their own sanity (which is often self fulfilling )which also induces fear and derailment, death of ego uncomfortable body sensations and spiritual insights that can be frightening... Qi Gong deviation is common in Chinese Mental health and they are "Culture Bound Syndromes"

There is also a link to Shamanism, use of psychedelics to induce spiritual awakening, can have drawbacks strong symbolism with death and the underworld .... Karmic experiences, sleep disorders are often misdiagnosed as are effects of drugs used to indicate underlying illness when in fact these people recover without medication..

As seen in respect to a spiritual experience the psychosis can often lead to greater understanding of oneself and spiritual identity something which psychiatry neglects, and is infact evident in studies done to test recovery only using respect and dignity, (soteria house, loren mosher/like Quakers in the 1800's)up to 70percent will recover and do far better then if on drugs that block higher brain and spirit function, although the strength of drug company to discredit this by doing biased studies using psychotherapy with poorly trained therapists, or as a tool to confirm drugs are the only option...Orthomolecular medicine cures 90percent, superior to drug treatment, especially long term social function etc....

Drug companies rule Psychiatry and infiltrated the government and mental health organizations and own the medical journals, they only provide biased information promoting drugs as the only legitimate option, truth seekers in the field are discredited severely for attempting to broaden the science and we never hear about it, now the media plays the part and psuedo-scientific theories like chemical imbalance (a marketing tactic) that can't be proven but are common knowledge [tricks to make it seem more credible or tangible which it isn''t....would like to know where my last comment went I talked about it on that---- Ok I found it so this is an active thread after-all, pardon me for repeating myself)

Hope this is helpful to someone

edit on 29-1-2012 by Raguel because: realized my post was still there

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
NAZI psychiatry and ethics

I'll put this here for anyone who wanted something straight from psychiatric peer reviewed type information... Doesn't really go into detail on the atrocities of Psychiatry's influence on the holocaust thought, about medical scientists inhumane torture of the mentally ill...but does suggest that it was psychiatry that initiated the exterminations of jews gypsies mentally ill etc. preventative measures wiping bad seeds off the planet.....

From experience a psychiatrist will tend to disregard this type of information or try to convey that the art has come a long way,(BS) as well as suggesting someone not pay attention to absurd ideas and psueddo-science on the internet that opposes its practices, which seems just like political oppression just like in history and confirms everything they try to ignore about their unethical practices.... they have no self awareness using illusions of scientific excellence just like pre-Nazi German psychiatry and glosses over current practices as being 'ethical' just they not going to exterminate the mentally ill these days with ideas of mental hygiene(now called mental health) eugenics, so psychiatrists can sleep at night, same scientific principles and scientists are still respected in the industry...

Nothing much has changed, they just like to project the idea its changed from times of torture and fascist techniques....much needs to change and maybe it will

[Pardon me I had a couple of drinks, bit disjointed lacking in motivation, inspiration etc... plus hypnotic suggestion from seeing a psychiatrist the other day, sick f#$@ks don't want me to find the truth]
I had a sleep disorder

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Scientology, Psychiatry and Christianity are three competing methods of dealing with suffering (inlcuding mental illness). All three have their merits and limitations. Rather than polarizing between them it would have been much more helpful to compare their approaches to suffering..

You, on the other hand, first polarize between the three and then claim that this particular form of suffering does not exist.

The approach of Scientology toward mental illness is taken from Buddhism, and thats to "process through" the problem.

The approach of Psychiatry toward mental illness is to administer medication and go through counseling.

The approach of Christianity toward mental illness is to expel bad energies and ask for higher assistance.

All three approaches should be examined by their merits and limitations before judgment is passed.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mrfreehugs

to cast doubt on God and the human race

God casts doubt on himself by refusing to show himself or communicate with the human race in any meaningful way, supposing he exists that is.

I do not trust them, and know that they too are a part of a conspiracy to destroy the Christian faith and control the masses.

Well then they better get started on things because there's about two billion Christians on the planet and a good number are doing untold damage to societal progress both morally and intellectually.

Please do your research on this subject matter, and stop doping up yourself and your loved ones.

I tend to agree with people who say America and the "West" in general are way OVER-medicated, HOWEVER, that being said, I've known people with mental illnesses bad enough to actually NEED MEDICATION. There are people who are mentally ill to the point of actually needing some kind of medical help, whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant to the reality of that fact.

Just because they can see and hear things that you cannot does not mean they are not really there

Actually, YES IT DOES. Objective reality is defined by verifiable observation and conclusive evidence that can be cross-verified. If there are ten people in a room and only one is talking to a purple Unicorn, and no evidence of the Unicorn can be found by the other nine it's pretty obvious who the delusional one is.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You know whats mentally ill? Christians, Psychiatrists and Scientologists smashing each others heads into the wall instead of sitting down and comparing their respective notes on differences and similarities. Sadly, as you will see in this thread people find more enjoyment in putting each other down than learning truth.

Expect completely unfocused trashing of each others value-systems, bizzare conspiracy theories about Nazi-Psychiatrists, Ultra-Evil Scientologists and Genocidal Medieval Christians and people continually wronging each other in their dim-witted hubris.

As if any Christian, Psychiatrist or Scientologist becomes one because they want to bestow evil on others.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Excellent post and you are right on! Except, you excluded the ones on this thread whom actually suffer from mental illness and recegonize the challenges we face.

I am not even sure of tthe OP's point. Is it to demonize the mentally ill through some mumbo jumbo Pseudo Christianity?? I am lost. The message is so immobile convoluted.

Then we have some Nazi guy living in 1942, comparing psychiatrists toHitler or some other garbage!

This is quite a hurtful, and possible damaging thread to those with mental illness. As a moderator would you consider closing this thread for the well being of the community here?

Thanks kindly,
pax

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I love the infected mind story.

I see it in kind of the same way.
Only what people see as "mental illness" has been placed in a box, kind of like God, so now, mental illness is taboo even if it isn't.
It is amazing to me how society has almost completely dismissed people with mental illnesses. The stigma you carry because of a label. It is like you are somehow tainted.
And placed in a box.
And you have to learn how to take yourself out of the box.

Did you know that most of the world right now is mentally ill?
At least in the modern world.
Or so I believe.
There is much to be said in,
where you turn your attention,
is what you experience.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join