It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk Show Host Savage:In 99% of Autism Cases, it's a Brat Who Hasn't Been Told to Cut The Act Out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
yeah, i listen to his show every now & then...

he's pretty much on target with these so-called Austistic kids..

the little folks just don't have a sense of acting/behaving in the regular world... some of it it is that they are overwhelmed by events and other strong willed people dominating them.

heres a fer instance... in elementary school, my sons teacher and eventally the social worker/guidance counseler put in thepaperwork for my son to be sent to a special-education unit at the public school because 'they' (untrained as they were) diagnosed the lad a being Autistic...
i have saved the paperwork for these many years.

i immediately jerked him out of the public school system, and withthe rigirous requirements of the local Catholic school he was admitted, and nowhere did those screening professionals note that he had any tendancy to Autism (a'la Rainman?)
To this day, i believe that the independent streak he has was probably too much for the teacher to handle... so their answer is to medicate and quaranteen the 'problem kids' from the medicated sheeple..

I was not about to let the young man get caught up in the system, from whence one will never return.

of course my son went on to college, then eventually started his own medical (respiratory) business.. no bad for a loser. huh?
of course the people making that diagnosis were minorities, educated with my tax dollars, on low income subsidies/grants, and sure didn;t graduate sigma-cum-laude... no they were marginally educated minorities, taking special-ed and basket-weaving as their minor, and at the tail end of the 'Great Society' experiment that gave all these marginal people way too much status and praise for being 'dis-advantaged'

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
As a father of a child with autism I was at first outraged.

But then I read that he has a PHD from 30 years ago in nutrition, so of course I had to defer to his expert opinion on autism.

Yes. I am certain I can help my childs lack of speech by just telling him to "man up" and quit acting like a "brat". I should have mentioned to him during his last stim seizure that he should knock it off or I would give him a fresh one across the chops.

Thank God for Savage. I feel like a better parent already. I am going to call the doc tomorrow and tell him my son is cured!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just a few thoughts:

Why anybody puts any salt into what a TV/radio personality says is beyond me. What make a movie star qualifed to give out political advice? Or this yahoo to give medical advice?

Autism Spectrum disorder is real and its an issue that we a society have to deal with. Simply yelling at an autistic child will NOT solve any problems at all. :shk:

This tool needed rating and thus we get this asinine statement. We see that from time to time like the "gay" teletubby etc. Just trying to git his sorry assed name in the news. I do not knnow who I have more contempt for: Him, or anybody that listens to what this piece of human garbage has to say on ANYTHING

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by johnbigjohn

Perhaps you might want to look into a problem called 'Dyslexia'
your son might not speak / read/ do math / write or any of these related things well, because of a form of dyslexia instead of autism.

this is not to be taken as advice, just a heads-up
as even the professionals can be in error.

~~~~~~~~~~`
i think is PHD is in Botany... ethnobotany and medicinal plants & nutrition.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A person should ask why so many kids are sick today than 20 or 50 years ago. Much has to do with lazy parents who would rather blame it on anything but the parenting skills they don't possess.

This doesn't mean there aren't sick kids, just some kids game the system.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Savage will say anything to get a rise out of people. Autism is much more tragic than his kind will ever know. Some autistics are loud and others are way to quiet. Oddly enough, the more headstrong an autistic is the better his chances of recovery. As with many other things, Savage is just wrong ,but he is just a rodeo clown. He does what he is paid to do.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Personaly, i think that with many of todays common 'mental' disorders, it is more of an effect of the persons upbringing, and an effect of the parents behavior.

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
You need to research before you stay something like this..
[]
You mean to tell me upbringing causes them to be how they are?? give me a damn break.. This is like saying Hitler did what he did cause his dad beat him..

Research.

Originally posted by jsobecky
He may have a PhD in Nutrition, but he knows jack scat about autism.

Oh really?

www.feat.org...
Summer 2008 Newsletter - Families for Early Autism Treatment

There are literally hundreds of different treatments available for autism.
So, why does FEAT so strongly support 40 hours per week of EIBT?

Early Intensive Behavioral Therapy

...is the only treatment that has been scientifically proven
to pro-duce significant, measurable, and long-term effects
on the functioning of children
with autism.

”the ability to function adequately in adult life may depend as much on the degree of support offered (by families, educational, employment and social services) as much as basic intelligence” (Lord and Venter, 1992, Mawhood and Howlin, 1999)

We once called eibt, "mom and dad"...she's a cashier these days, he works for the corporation. Or was it, she's an alcoholic, he's spun on meth? No no... he's off to war, and she's no worries; every thing is just Paxil. Rather, both government assistance; trading food stamps for $ to get pre rolled cigarettes at the corner store; and now they get a bonus check for junior; he's in the other room with autism.

One must tend tomatoes to get fruit.

bugs, twitch, 1 in 100,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Savage always states liberalism is a mental disorder, I think that is obvious by most of the posts on this site. So that makes savage right again!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

...of course the people making that diagnosis were minorities...

...no they were marginally educated minorities...

...gave all these marginal people way too much status...

i'm sure you're a blast at parties.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I'm not going to bother reading most of this, only because I have first hand experience with autistic, ADD, ADHD and "normal" children, the very premise of this topic is insulting to both children with behavioral, mental, emotional and educational problems, as well as their parents, teachers, and relatives.

Firstly, I am a young music teacher. I am quite highly qualified for my age, and have been a qualified instrumental instructor since I was 16 years of age, I am now 23.

In my career, both as a student, and as an educator, I have had experience with children and peers of various definitions of an "educational disability" and the idea that they may be just problematic children is a complete falsification. Some of the most artistically inspired and genuine virtuosi children are diagnosed with some type of educational disability.

I have encountered both peers and students who excel, and absolutely blitz past their year levels in creative abilities, and functional application of highly complex formulae, far surpassing their peers with their abilities who have not been diagnosed with such conditions. I would think that it is actually fair to say, that the most highly virtuosi individuals usually suffer from some form of social condition, and it is not just that they are children who misbehave.

I have encountered actors and thespians who have dyslexia, and they are some of the most talented playwrights and actors I have ever met.

I have worked with children who cannot seem to concentrate on or comprehend at all the standard mathematics, language, and scientific subjects which most of the western system of education is based on, but teach one of these individuals how to play a trumpet, piano, drum kit, or sit them down in front of a paint set and canvas, and they will create something far beyond that which the "A grade students" can accomplish which is so far advanced that it can literally scare an adult who has worked in these industries or artistic fields for years.

I know two autistic children with social capacities that absolutely break my heart, they cannot relate to regular emotion at all, and theirs is a very lonely, distressing existence, yet these two children, at the ages of 7 and 9, can work out mathematical formulae that is far beyond even a tertiary mathematical science degree. Are they faking some kind of behavioral problem?

I would even venture as far as to say that most of the genius talent of the last three centuries has come from individuals with some form of "educational or social difficulties/issues."

I would also ask, who exactly are these Hollywood Experts to be making such judgements? Have they every worked with or even been in the company of the children that they are slandering? Could they compete with a young Mozart, Bach or Einstein in any way, shape or form? I highly doubt it.

For shame corporate media, for shame.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why would anyone listen to Savage. I heard him once or twice and changed the channel. Stick with Noory and C2C. That a class act.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
As a father with a child with functioning autism it just shows the ignorance of people.

My child responds to song more than speaking. He can do any new task as long as your cheorograph with pictures. He is at academic level with others his age group. And from crazy genetics hes the height and weight of a child of 9 and hes 5. 10 pounds at birth...poor mom
Anyways my father listens to savage all the time and im sure savage will lose a lot of listeners.

When jenny mcarthy and jim carrey were on good morning america hinting that the worlds largest pharmaceutical company which has ties to masonic origins deliberatly poisoned the lower class people with thermacil i was outraged and i woke up to another truth in my life. Go figure if you have private healthcare and can afford single dose vaccinations it contains no trace of this perservative. My boy was vocalizing and interacting well until he had his shots at 1. And i had no preconceived ideas about vaccinations that would affect how he was brought up

So if anyone out there is getting there children vaccinated ask for single dose not the one from the giant bottle. Better safe then sorry, specially when dealing with the elite.

People are waking up to the true nature of those who wish to lead us.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

He has a B.A. in sociology and a P.H.D. in nutritional ethnomedicine...he is hardly an authority on anything relating to this topic.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenskeptical

EXACTlY and goes back to my point. Why anybody would listen to this tool in the first place.

Yelling at an autistic child will get you nowhere. Autism IN NOT A behavioral problem that can be corrected by going R. Lee Earmy on the kid. Anybody that thinks otherwise is beyond me :shk:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
OK, here I go.
Hit me close to home on this subject. How might I state a response so that it stays within the T&C's of ATS?
I cannot.

I throw down a gauntlet. If anyone knows how to get in touch with this media genius, I will gladly debate him here on ATS, any other medium where he is comfortable. I'm calling you out Savage. Have the guts? I do. C'mon. Let's play.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
And yes TK I think he was probably mistaking Autism for ADHD which he also rants about quite a lot.

My thought exactly. I'm glad I read the posts before jumping out and responding the exact same thing. He misspoke, that is all. I would agree 100% that ADHD is nothing more than misbehaved chidren. 20 years ago when kids acted out, the parents fixed the problem and no medication was necessary. Nowadays, we dope the heck out of our kids instead of being parents. It's really sad.

I think you'd be very hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that autism isn't real. It's pretty obvious when you meet an autistic person that they're not "normal". The movie Rainman was kind of a severe case...but I don't think you could mistake Dustin Hoffman's character for somebody who just needs discipline.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Yelling at an autistic child will get you nowhere. Autism IN NOT A behavioral problem that can be corrected by going R. Lee Earmy on the kid. Anybody that thinks otherwise is beyond me :shk:

Hello. Did you read the other posts in the thread? He meant ADHD, he misspoke. I haven't listened to him regularly in a few years, but I heard him back then rail on ADHD many times.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

First off, I want to preface this post by saying that I am about as liberal as you can get, and I listen to the Michael Savage show everyday. Now, I disagree with 85% of what he has to say, but I still find his show refreshing because he says what he thinks and never censors himself. Do I think autism is real? Of course I do. I think what he said is insensitive and offensive to autistic people and the parents of autistic children. That being said . . . who cares!!!!!???? When is it wrong to say what you believe? If you don't like it, change the station! Savage, although he is right wing, despises both Democrats and Republicans and is the only voice on radio that says that you can trust no one in politics! He hates John McCain and he thinks Obama is even worse. Whether you disagree with him or not you have to stand up for the one person in the mainstream media who calls out politicians for what they are... liers and "perverts".

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i dont know maybe hes right

maybe all of you are brainwashed into believing in this autism crap?

None of you offered ANY proof or evidence to debunk his claims.
None of you.

And a few videos doesnt prove anything.

So PROVE it !
Prove that autism is a real medical condition.

Hell, i bet its too "mysterious" for you to give any decent proof.

Anyways. Just prove it for me. Because if you guys cant prove it, im going to agree with this Savage guy.

In my personal opinion i assumed AUtism was a negative reaction from taking too many Dirty Vaccinations.

But since ADHD is a definate hoax, than maybe this autism crap is a hoax too, lets find out.

Anyone care to prove autism is real beyond a shadow of a doubt?

And if your just gonna post alot of links, please at least explain what the links contain b4 you go spamming them, thanks.

Now lets get to the bottom of this, is Autism real or a hoax?

One point in favor of it being a Hoax, is that autism is a relatively new disorder right? It didnt exist 500years ago did it?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
hmm well if he really meant ADHD / ADD instead that makes alot more sense lol

we can all agree that its not a disease its kids being kids...

but back to Autism for a moment. I still havent seen any actual evidence or a decent explanation as to what autism is.

I always assumed it was overdose on vaccination toxins. Which basically made the kid act retarded or something?

Ive never seen an autistic person tho, thats why im skeptical right now.

Edit to add:::

I have seen the actual Rainman before...I considered him a genious. I didnt see anything wrong with him. He had alot of things Right about him tho

[edit on 18-7-2008 by muzzleflash]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join