It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk Show Host Savage:In 99% of Autism Cases, it's a Brat Who Hasn't Been Told to Cut The Act Out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Talk Show Host Savage:In 99% of Autism Cases, it's a Brat Who Hasn't Been Told to Cut The Act Out

thinkprogress. org

Yesterday on his radio show, right wing talker Michael Savage said that autism is “a fraud” and “a racket” and that “in 99 percent of the cases, it’s a brat who hasn’t been told to cut the act out.” Savage then asserted that all these “brat[s]” need as a father to tell them to “stop acting like a putz“:

That’s what autism is. What do you mean they scream and they’re silent? They don’t have a father around to tell them, ‘Don’t act like a moron. You’ll get nowhere in life. Stop acting like a putz. Straighten up. Act like a man. Don’t sit there crying and screaming, idiot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-7-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Do guys like this genius and Rush Limbaugh just try and outdo each other to see who can come up with the most offensive material? Is there anyone here who listens to this guy's show?

Savage later claimed that there was “an asthma epidemic amongst minority children” because “the children got extra welfare if they were disabled.” Media Matters has the audio.

thinkprogress. org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have never heard of the goon before, that is all I will say.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So what proof do I need to show he is Fos..

Here is a better idea.. Type ThichHeaded and autism into google for ats and see what you get..

This guy is stupid, retarded, and don't know much... I didn't like him before but he is a complete idiot now...

Man people really need to research before they open their mouths.. read sig for info..

::EDIT::

I forgot to add.. The autistic kids are alot smarter than brats.. So you guys know...

ALot of smart people were known to have austistic values.. Bill Gates and a few others.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh have absolutely nothing in common...I love Michael Savage, if you haven't listened to him, you ought to, when he gets ranting he's a hoot! Savage is a definitely more of a Libertarian, he rags on Bush as much as the left.

If I'm not mistaken, for what's it worth, he has a PhD in either pharmacology or something related...and he takes a very big stand on the "drugging up" of American and how the pharmaceutical industry is hell bent on over-medicating adults and children etc. That's probably where they got the article from, he rants on this topic a lot, along with all the preservatives and stuff in the foods, and the hormones in our meat and milk, etc

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

This dont mean anything..

Him putting down people with autism is bs.. Plain and simple.. If you can sit with one for 5 minutes you should.. You get to learn alot more from them than 99% of normal people..

I add.

The reason autism is so crazy is cause of the Mercury in the MMR shots..

A family recently received a huge settlement from the government cause of this..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
He is an animal,

and as such

always manages to say too much #

BTW, he also has a very wiiiiiiidddddeeee audience. Go figure!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Did he actually say that???? Nobody can be that stupid

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As Much as Savage offends people, he ussaly knows what he is talking about. This is an old clip too, yesterday was a repeat.

Here is the full clip. Its not a great audio quaility. But, it gives you the WHOLE context. Something your not getting from media matters, but i know thats not important to everyone

He has a PHD, from UCBerkely, in nutrition. And he got this 30 years ago, before 'nutrition' was mainstream... So this isnt just some random guy talking out of his you know what, this is a guy that is an AUTHORITY in the feild of nutrition, and he is going to know more then ANYONE else on these boards.

Is 99% a factual number, probaly not, is the number closer to 0%, doubt it.

However, i have heard Savage say the SAME thing about ADHD, he might have just goten the 2 confused... no tthat it makes it right, but its possible...

Personaly, i think that with many of todays common 'mental' disorders, it is more of an effect of the persons upbringing, and an effect of the parents behavior.

Did the thread just get moved, from Breaking Alternative news, To General news... Then moved to Medical Conspiricies? Thats kinda funny...

No notifications in thread from anyone...

[edit on 7/17/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Personaly, i think that with many of todays common 'mental' disorders, it is more of an effect of the persons upbringing, and an effect of the parents behavior.

You need to research before you stay something like this..

There is 1 and 150 kids with some type of autism..

On the high end of the autism scale.. You mean to tell me upbringing causes them to be how they are?? give me a damn break.. This is like saying Hitler did what he did cause his dad beat him..

Research.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The FIRST time I heard Savage he pissed me off so much I HAD to listen to him again!

The problem is the guy is smart.

Sometimes he makes sense.

Sometimes you wonder?

But he is always a HOOT!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
He may have a PhD in Nutrition, but he knows jack scat about autism. For him to say something like that is pure idiocy. I sometimes listen to him just to see what the fringe lunatics are talking about. He is a very bigoted man with delusions of grandeur.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Why would you even listen to Savage?
Are there actually people out there who need to be lectured by
this loser?

You mean there are actually people who take him seriously and can't find
another radio station or who are fearful of silence.
If the choice is Savage or silence I choose silence and my own free thoughts.
If the choice is Savage or a guy reading the instructions to bake
bread. Guess what, if you listened to the guy tell you about bread
you may have actually learned someething instead of pouring
your freedom down the porta potty of radio talk show mongoloids.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

HAHA

Yea , I listen to him because he is so "counter culture".

Not the bleached, American film bias, Novel bias conter culture...no this guy says what he wants when he wants and how he wants. Sort of American like!

You may not agree with him but if you listen to him for a while you will find that this guy is right...quit a bit!

[edit on 17-7-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The very fact that you are discussing him here, or that anything he does gets media attention means that he is doing exactly what he is paid to do.

People like this thrive on controversy, they will do anything to make it happen.

Just like that Bill whatever over at FOXnews.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
First, heres a better clip, from a diffrent poster.

A lot of people get mad at Savage. For the most part, the people that get mad at him, are the people that have been fed a 10 sec clip, picked out by some media group, ussaly media matters...

Just tune in and listen to his show... its on pretty much everwhere in the country, even super liberial cities like NY, DC, Chicago, LA, and even San Fransicko where he boradcasts from 5 days a week for 3 hours (3-6pm)...

You can dissagree with a man on some issues, and even be highly offended, but the man does several things that you are just not going to get from other media:
Speaks his mind
Live 1 man show
No politicaly correct garbage

Just listen, i mean, hes on RIGHT now... just listen before you take Media Matters talking points...

whiteraven, You are dead on about the first time you listen to savage.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Film bias? Novel bias?
Oh you mean readers and visually literate thinkers as opposed to
the spoonfed illiterates who can't even spell at a sixth grade level.

Savage is nauseating to freethinkers who know how to be creative
with their time.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Just to show you something about the difference between a kid with autism and some brat..

The video below is a kid with autism.. A damn smart kid at that..

Then we have the actual Rainman..

Pt1 goto youtube for the rest..

Now these 2 people have kick ass smarts.. There is an autistic that can calculate pie all the way for something like 5 or 6 hrs..

Then there is one where he can draw all of rome after seeing it for only a few minutes..

Anyway the point is some of these autistic's are smart as hell. Smarter than most people on this forum.. if not all.

Now we get into a brat.

Anyway the last 2 videos are females.. The ironic thing about autism is it affects 1 and 8 females and 1 and 4 males.. Sounds like brats to me..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

Well...who was it who said that unless you allow those whose view you despise have the same voice as you have then you do not believe in free speech...?

Oh..yeah..Prof Chomsky!!

Yea..listen to the guy. Maybe after he lights your fire you will read 5 or six books a week like me!!

I do see why people get pissed at him though. But its all part of the show!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am sitting here laughing at all of you that are so "outraged" about Savage and his antics, I don't care what you say, he's a riot, and dead on about a lot of things. Granted when he gets going I bet he covers his desk with spittle
He's definitely passionate about his topics and that's part of his charm.

And yes, you may be angered, but the truth does sting a bit. And yes TK I think he was probably mistaking Autism for ADHD which he also rants about quite a lot.
My favorite Savagism "Red Diaper Doper Babies"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join