It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we stop caring about each other?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

Quote:
Last month, the Hartford, Conn., police released a chilling video of a 78-year-old man trying to cross a street with a carton of milk. He steps off the curb just as two cars that appear to be racing swerve on the wrong side of the street. The first car swerves around the man. The second car hits him and throws him into the air like a doll, then speeds away.

What follows is even more chilling: People walk by. Nine vehicles pass him lying in the street. Some drivers slow down to look but drive away...

I find it sad, appallig, cruel. What have we become? And why???

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Call me a wimp but I almost cried when I saw the footage and read the article.

What are we becoming? I don't want to know. If we keep going in this direction we will never evolve as a species, and if this is the case then I sincerly hope we wipe ourselfes of the face of the earth.

It's things like this that makes me ashamed to be living.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think main reason are the laws of the country. People lost all the trust to each other because every one tries to take things to court with chance to rip money off somebody and get rich fast. American dream isn't what they call it? If not insurance company or the guilty driver then a fellow pedestrian who just trying to help before medical aid arrives.
With that in mind people just try to ignore everything around them. Passing by anything odd that could get them in trouble and ignoring anything that would disturb their every day life pattern.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I never said anything about the human moral spiraling down on this site but now I will.

The main problem is, WE NEED GOOD PUBLIC PEOPLE AS EXAMPLES.

With the current generation of politics, movies/tv and business I don't see any really good people getting the public functions.

It are the liars and thieves that seem to get everything in life, andf the hard working honest/man woman just seem to get more bad luck they don't deserve.

The system is corrupted to the core, only when we destroy the core we can build a new system.

I am glad there are still enough people who DO care, without you people I would feel lost on this planet.

So keep up the good work and show people what humanism and moral ethics is all about.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
1) if thats your actual picture for your avatar..YOUR CUTE!

2) i agree that most people really wanted to stop and help, but its too risky. Dont bother getting associated with it because then you become a possible suspect and if not that your subject to being a whiteness.

too many lawsuits.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
1) if thats your actual picture for your avatar..YOUR CUTE!
thank you =)

2) i agree that most people really wanted to stop and help, but its too risky. Dont bother getting associated with it because then you become a possible suspect and if not that your subject to being a whiteness.
too many lawsuits.

they are no better than murderers if they leave one to die.If the person was a relative, would they act the same?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I agree with yall. That is messed up.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been going around for sometime now trying to reignite the spark of caring for humanity. We need to lend our arms out to those who need help. We should accept people as they are, with their beliefs, morals, and values as anyone wants them to be.

There was a story I have heard once, about back in the day when spain i believe went down to around africa and found a place they had never been to, when the shaman of that tribe saw them men come to shore from a boat he couldn't see the boat because he had never seen anything like it before and his mind was unable to proccess the information. Eventually the boat became visable, and asince he could see it, it was becomming easier for others to see it thier first time.

I believe you can apply the same principal to caring about people. Start being friendly to people you don't even know, offer help to those who need it and other should start following suit.

If you help someone out and they ask what they can do to repay you, simply tell them to help out two other people and tell them to do the same.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
People have generally never cared for each other. The history of humanity is rife with violence, fear, war, aggression, anger, murder and despair. People do not care about their common man because they are too focused on these man made divisions that separate us into races, sexes, classes, etc. Most people are existing only for themselves to fulfill their selfish desires of obtaining power and materialistic goods.

No one ever thinks about the emotions that each individual experiences. No one considers how complex, special, and significant someone is. Instead of helping each other we spit on people, disrespect them, and tell them that their biggest mistake was just existing in the first place.

You might as well hold all of your emotion inside and focus on the good aspects of the spirit world because no one here cares about anybody. There are people out here whose sole purpose is to tear everyone down and make them feel horrible.

As I said before, focus your energy on the spirit world and embrace those good spirits who actually care because you won't find love in this place, theres nothing but hate, greed, and anger here.

top topics

join