It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires and suspected Werewolves in history- possible explanations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
In later century’s people often blamed serial killings on demons because the concept of serial killing had yet to be grasped and superstition still rained supreme in these societies.

How do you think such logic played into vampire and werewolf history?

I think some of the best theories on vampires are that the tales were derived from psychotic, blood thirsty people and diabetics.

Also I believe tales of werewolves may have been fueled by people born with various disorders that caused irregular hair growth.

If you are a true believer in either mythological creature why do you dismiss these explanations?

I’m newly interested in this subject so please feel me in on other theories and other history that helps to shape these myths. And if you are a true believer please fill me in on history that helped to shape your beliefs in these creatures if you wish. Thanks in advance for any info given to me!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I’m newly interested in this subject so please feel me in on other theories

I think it might come from the shape shifting % of the population. These stories have been altered to mask the true form of these evil beings. You can watch a telling interview with Arizona Wilder and David Icke HERE

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm

I’m newly interested in this subject so please feel me in on other theories

I think it might come from the shape shifting % of the population. These stories have been altered to mask the true form of these evil beings. You can watch a telling interview with Arizona Wilder and David Icke HERE

Another delusional answer
. I like the OP statement and then to have someone interrupt it with delusional rantings is idiotic. I wish the repitile believers would stick to thier own kind and stay out of rational conversations.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I never interupted anything. The OP stands on it's own. On your way, and clean up your vomit before you leave it stinks

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I am just saying take your medication before you try to answer someone who has clear logical reasoning in thier question/ statement

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I wish the repitile believers would stick to thier own kind and stay out of rational conversations.

Many would say vampires and werewolves and reptiles are in the same boat. I find David Icke quite rational, you seem not rational.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

BTW it's your post resembles ranting. Please relax.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm as open minded as the next person so I welcome any and all input! Please refrain from going off topic, I've done it myself in other threads where tiredless personal attacks and useless debate had the thread closed

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Back on topic, yes I believe that what you had to say would make more sense than any other explaination that others may have. Mental or physical disorders would probably explain everything to do with werewolves and vampires or anything else. The only thing about Mr. Icke is that he sells alot of books and whether he believes the crap he writes about is another thing. Reptiles, werewolves, and vampires are in the same boat...thanks for pointing that out..thier all fictional, only thing different was that people back in the day were not as educated, so that anything loooking out of place was considered supernatural. Since people know more about mental and physical disorders today they do not exist, well to the sane and rational anyways

[edit on 16-7-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thank you for your input! By the way, I like your siggie.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

If you are a true believer in either mythological creature why do you dismiss these explanations?

I don't dismiss these explanations. History goes back a long time. Obviously there is going to be fragmentation. That can be said for history in general, more so for this subject matter. I laughed and thought david Icke was nuts too. As I beggan to research this I stopped laughing. I'm not going to say I beleive everything thats said, but I keep an open mind on this subject. I read Genisis of the Grail Kings by Laurence Gardner. It's worth reading in my opinion. He is well respected, and arrives at conclusions that would be scoffed at as well. I beleive there are beings among us that are evil and are from another place. The reason I found this video interesting was Arizona mentioned him. I'm not 100% sure I beleive her though. Sitchen was another one she mentions as a shape shifter. I think there are myths that have formed from a combination of what you describe and phenomena beyond our imagination. I'm speaking primarily about vampires.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

try reading "Speaking With Vampires" By Louisa White. An interesting account of the origins of Vampires in colonial africa. Its a dense scholarly text so give it some time.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I tend to believe that werewolves, vampires and creatures like that were more twists of the imagination. When people don't understand something, a physical deformity for example, they tend to twist things around until it makes sense in some way.

Much how epilepsy was originally thought to be demonic possession. It made more sense that way. That's probably why there's little to no reports of werewolves or vampires and far less cases of possession than there used to be. Medicine and science have figured it out.

I put gnomes and giants in that category too. They weren't so much magical beings as they were people that were either incredibly small or big.

Dragons on the other hand fascinate me. There's got to be some truth that they're based on but it's a little harder to pinpoint.

That's my 2 cents anyway

new topics

top topics

join