It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Hussein Obama has an Arabic accent?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

The opening prayers of Islam are the swearing of an oath to Mahammad.

There is only one reason for anyone to recite this oath, and that is if they are a Muslim, and reciting those words, according to Muslims, means that you are in fact a Muslim.

The OP pasted the English translation of the prayer in his first post.

I read it out loud.

I may have even subconsciously committed it to memory as it is very simple.

Does this mean I am now a Muslim?

I think not.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A lot of the people in this thread calling the op a racist are not seeing where he's coming from because its a very weird place unless you've been there. I'm not a Christian, or Muslim, but I have been to church with my wife. The things that they, and MANY other churches say would make anyone with any original thought processes laugh, as I did when i heard them, making my wife very embarrassed actually. Did you know that churches tell people that Obama is the Anti-Christ, that if a non christian was the president of America(Obama or anyone else for that matter), Jesus would cry and be hurt? Did you know that if you don't pray enough, or masturbate, or enjoy sex, or are gay that you are actually hurting Jesus BACK IN TIME on the cross itself, and that a roman will stab Jesus extra hard or even more then he would have before for YOUR PERSONAL "Sins"? That and even more outrages lunacy is being spouted across churches in the theocracy that is America. While i feel sad that the op has to believe these lies and other nonsense, I also realize that he(she?) are very scared by anything that is different because they've been told to be scared, much like the oppressive nonsense Muslim countries tell there children, who become scared adults. If you know anyone Muslim raised in a Muslim country, ask them what they learn when there children, it' just as ridiculous and insane as the things we do hear. I won't vote anymore, and haven't for a while because it' rigged, and i have first hand knowledge of this, but for people that do it seems like a lose lose choice, but before you call someone a racist, try to see where there coming from.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

If you can recall it next week and recite it perfectly, then either you have an incredible memory, or you have recited this prayer regularly and are a Muslim, especially if you can do it from memorization in Arabic.

If you recited it with meaning, and think those are the most beautiful words, you probably are a Muslim, and to some Muslims you are now a Muslim.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If you can recall it next week and recite it perfectly, then either you have an incredible memory, or you have recited this prayer regularly and are a Muslim, especially if you can do it from memorization in Arabic.

If you recited it with meaning, and think those are the most beautiful words, you probably are a Muslim, and to some Muslims you are now a Muslim.

Soooo, myself reciting something from the bible makes me a Christian? People who have comments like poet1b and the OP...all I can smell is fear and hate.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I could look at those simple few sentences and recite them in any language in less the 5 minutes, it' called not being an idiot. If you have a problem with learning, then I'm sorry for your loss, but for people capable of thought and reasoning, it isn't anything more then a few minutes of looking and remembering. As for my accent, I'm sure there would be some hint, however if i am to learn and recite only a few sentences then it would be a simple thing to sound fairly accurate.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

How do you know if Obama recited it with "meaning"?
What exactly do you consider "meaning"?
How have you concluded this?
From an article you read?

These are your assumptions and not based on facts.

He thought it sounded beautiful (and I agree) and he memorized it.
I can recite the "Lord's prayer" but I am not a Christian.
He can recite this Islamic prayer and is a Christian.

Who are you to determine his religion and brand him as something else because you read that he was reciting a prayer he liked?

I find that sort of thinking arrogant and judgmental.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. I love it when people hate things because they don't understand them.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

I couldn't agree more. I love it when people hate things because they don't understand them.

I don't really love it. I find is sad and pathetic. How is this race and this world supposed to grow when people are so close minded and hateful to one another? Granted, people like the OP will complain that Muslims are close minded to their religion as he is to his. But when one starts to open his mind and speak out, many will listen, and in time follow. Everything takes time, it's all we have.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
Just more bashing, over and over and over again. Calling me a liberal because your blind to your thoughts, saying I cannot think for myself because I agreed with Rock??? Please, get off my high horse? Get a life

Look, if you are not going to discuss the post then leave. Stop derailing the thread or move along. Good grief. This thread is NOT about YOU.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
You let the words out of your mouth. I don't just forget because you started a "new" thread. I see right through you.

Dude, what on Earth are you talking about?
I have never said I hate Muslims. On this thread or any other. If you are going to make accussations such as these, you should really back them up with some evidence or keep your mouth shut.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
So you see your question is somewhat subjective as Mr. Obama (who is a professor, and graduate from Columbia and Harvard) may have the mental capacity to easily memorize this prayer (accent included) in say a few hours, whereas it could take you days.

You are still not getting it. Any moron can memerize this prayer. It's not difficult. I guess it's my fault for not being able to properly portray my thoughts.

It is not an issue my friend.
You don't have to fear the Arabic language, or Muslims.

I don't fear either one. I don't know how you have come to that conclusion.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ruggeder
A lot of the people in this thread calling the op a racist are not seeing where he's coming from because its a very weird place unless you've been there.

Umm....you have no idea where I am coming from.

Please keep your assumptions to yourself.

Did you know that churches tell people that Obama is the Anti-Christ, that if a non christian was the president of America(Obama or anyone else for that matter), Jesus would cry and be hurt?

You are now making crap up in order to make a lame point. The very few times I have been to church, I have never ever heard anything like which you have spewed. Nor have I heard anyone ever talk about the garbage you are spewing.

While i feel sad that the op has to believe these lies and other nonsense, I also realize that he(she?) are very scared by anything that is different because they've been told to be scared

Are you a mind reader? How on Earth do you know what I believe.
Thank you for making up crap and saying this is what I believe.

As I said in the above statement, I don't go to church nor have I ever heard the crap you said.

So I guess this is your lame attempt to make a point. Keep trying, you might actually make a point one day.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Granted, people like the OP will complain that Muslims are close minded to their religion as he is to his.

Since I am not a religious person your assumptions are unfounded and just like all your posts you are WRONG!
Please stop following the herd like a sheep and think for yourself instead of being braindead.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The only reason for Obama to have said this and to have recited this oath, was to quietly tell all Muslims that he is in fact a Muslim. Being that he studied Islam enough to learn these prayers in Arabic shows that he knew exactly what he was doing. Obama is a Muslim, and pretension otherwise has to be the biggest reason not to trust the man.
Listening to people defend a man that is apparently of Muslim upbringing reminds me of this old Mystery Science Theater 3000 skit...

Source

Sure I'll ram my ovipositor down your throat, and lay my eggs in your chest, but I'm not an alien!

Obama
Sure, I wear Muslim garb, my entire paternal side of my family are Muslims, I recite the Call to prayer impeccably, I was a star student in my Muslim Madrassa as a child, "BUT I'm not a Muslim!"

[edit on 18-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If he said the prayer in perfect Arabic that doesn't mean he 'has an Arabic accent'. It just means he says the prayer very well.

I'm more interested in that the NYT has a copy of the taped interview and isn't releasing it. either they don't think it's news worthy OR they want to influence the election.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If he said the prayer in perfect Arabic that doesn't mean he 'has an Arabic accent'. It just means he says the prayer very well.

The article stated that he also said it with a arabic accent.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
The article stated that he also said it with a arabic accent.

He said the prayer perfectly. That doesn't mean he has an 'Arabic Accent'.

If he went around town talking like English was a second language or like someone who had Arabic as a first language and so made certain influctions in his speech when speaking English ... THAT is an 'accent'. Not saying a prayer in another language perfectly.

I used to be able to say the Pater Noster in Latin perfectly. That doesn't mean that I have a latin accent. It just means I was very familiar with the prayer and said it a lot.

If you wish to say that he said the prayer in Arabic perfectly because he said it a lot and was therefore familiar with it .. then I'd agree that was probably the case.

But all in all - Obama doesn't have an Arabic accent.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Obama - accent change we can believe in

Guys .. Obama's accent changes depending on which crowd he is pandering to. Many politicians do this ... pander to crowds with accent changes. (typical politician .. no change).

He doesn't 'have an arabic accent'.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He said the prayer perfectly. That doesn't mean he has an 'Arabic Accent'.

It's obvious you did not read the article because it states:

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent.

So what part of 'first-rate accent' do you NOT understand?

It's really annoying when people don't read the article and then claim it says something it clearly does not.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Just more bashing, over and over and over again. Calling me a liberal because your blind to your thoughts, saying I cannot think for myself because I agreed with Rock??? Please, get off my high horse? Get a life

Look, if you are not going to discuss the post then leave. Stop derailing the thread or move along. Good grief. This thread is NOT about YOU.

Me derailing the thread? Excuse me but you are the one that began with the insults, grow the hell up.

I can see how you believe people with a different opinion from you would be deemed as bashing and bashing. That's because you are a twisted liberal who cannot think for yourself. You need people to tell you what to believe. It's rather sad.
Oh, and because a few people who replied to this thread don't agree with me, that does not mean nobody does. Vain much?
Get off your high horse.

You know nothing about me, yet you call me a twisted liberal at that I cannot think for myself. You judge myself as you judge Obama.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join