It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama pledges to rid world of Nuclear Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Democrat Barack Obama warned Wednesday about the danger of "fighting the last war" as he pledged to focus on emerging nuclear, biological and cyber threats if elected president.
Two goals of his administration would be to secure all loose nuclear material during his first term and to rid the world of nuclear weapons, Obama told an audience before a roundtable discussion at Purdue University.

Obama said adhering to nonproliferation treaties would put pressure on nations such as North Korea and Iran. North Korea has tested a nuclear weapon and Iran has an energy program the Bush administration warns could be a precursor to nuclear weapon development.

"As long as nuclear weapons exist, we'll retain a strong deterrent. But we will make the goal of eliminating all nuclear weapons a central element in our nuclear policy," Obama said.

He added, "The danger ... is that we are constantly fighting the last war, responding to the threats that have come to fruition, instead of staying one step ahead of the threats of the 21st century."

BREITBART
www.breitbart.com...

[edit on 16-7-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It is simply impossible to rid the world of nuclear weapons. Do we all do it at once? Or does everyone else get rid of theirs and then the US hangs on to a few just in case? This my friends is political show and nothing more.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
DBL POST

[edit on 16-7-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Big talk from a country that has a massive arsenal of nuclear weapons. Start by eliminating the weapons the States carry to prove a point, which will never happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

Exactly. The US will never be the first to do it and who would want to? Russia? China? NO... This is pure non-sense and I think he knows it. Maybe he thinks it is a way to get all of his liberal followers back after making some dumb decisions here lately.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I LOVE IT!!!

You have a weapon. I will put mine away to show you how brave and secure I am. It will show you I am a leader.

Wait. What are you doing? Put that weapon down. I put mine down. Wait. That hurts. Stop it. I am a good guy. Why are you hurting me?

Owww. Stop it. Owww.

You are so cute when you are childish like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

almost every thing said during the presidental rase is BS.

the point of running is to tell everyone everything they want to hear and hopefully they will vote for you. this is why you see so much flip floping and the canidates claim they arent. because they arent flip floping they are changeing their views day by day to be the best candidate...

top topics

join