It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboards in Florida Link Democrats to Burning World Trade Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Billboards in Florida Link Democrats to Burning World Trade Center

elections.foxnews.com

A Florida man has stirred up controversy in the Orlando area by buying ad space on billboards that show an image of the falling World Trade Center’s Twin Towers alongside the words, “Please don’t vote for a Democrat.”

The ad also points readers to a Web site, www.TheRepublicanSong.com, which posts a country-rock music video written and performed by billboard creator and businessman Mike Meehan.

Critics say the billboard ads should come down, but Meehan says he believes those who died in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks are being lost in the shuffle of the presidential campaign.

“I’m just basically exercising my freedom of speech, the First Amendment. And though some people find this offensive … I find it very offensive that we have not remembered these people that have died in this tragedy,” Meehan told FOX News. “We’re not reminded of the terrorism that caused all this.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Does this man have the qualifications to be called a Truther? Is what he says true?

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Does this man have the qualifications to be called a Truther? Is what he says true?

Hardly. He's blaming Democrats for something that happened to America on a Republican administration's watch. Don't really see the sense in that.

If you ask me it's just another nut who's bought into Bush's whole "terrorist" scare. Those Republicans sure kept us safe in 2001 when they ignored all of that evidence leading up to 911.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Actually, the article is only half right, the democrats AND republicans are responsible because they're all in on the illusion together.

None of them care about you. They all laugh at you. Take your leash off. WAKE-UP!!!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What he is saying is exactly a bunch of partisan hi-jinx...

You'll notice that he has a whole bunch of connotative expression, i.e. Freedom of Speech, Terrorism/9/1..and using that to express that it is all the Democrats fault...

A billboard isn't going to answer anyone's questions and it's just another partisan trick to take advantage of the trance state most people are in while they are driving...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't say he's a truther. I WOULD say that he is probably the biggest "LOOK AT ME" head case that I've ever heard of! A billboard that directs you to a video of him singing? Oh, yeah- we'll be seeing this nutter in the next round of American Idol!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

The billboard originator is an idiot selling CD's. But I think 100,000 billboards showing Sept 11th is needed. Perhaps it could stop the pre-Sept 11th stupidity in the vile liberal party from hell....Obamaland......

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Perhaps it could stop the pre-Sept 11th stupidity in the vile liberal party from hell....Obamaland......

With all due respect, I do believe that you misinterpreted my point...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think I might have seen that on tv, this morning.
They showed a video of a man on top of a sign, in a cowboy hat and playing an guitar and singing, Do not vote for Democrats.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I actually investigated this billboard. Its just some guy trying to sell his music thru the website posted on the bill board. What is he trying to accomplish by placing the twin towers on the bill board and saying Dont vote for a democrat is because of elections coming up and Obama stated he would do his best in withdrawing troops from both Iraq and Afghan. Mind you this Bill board went up before Obamas and McCain speech yesterday, so honestly that bill board in my opinion has now become irrelevant after it went up (horrible timing).

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Funny I could swear Obama wanted more troops in Afghanistan and not less.

Senator Barack Obama is proposing that the United States deploy about 10,000 more troops to battle resurgent forces in Afghanistan, a plan intended to shift the American military focus from the Iraq war to the marked rise in violence from the Taliban.

www.nytimes.com...

It is true though that he wants to get them out of Iraq.

As for the guy and the billboard he is just an idiot. Only republicans can stop 9/11 type of incidences, I guess he was busy reading a book about a goat during the first Bush years as well.

Personally I say neither the republicans or democrats deserve any office in the government any longer. None of them are qualified to represent the average American and none of them have true concern for the average American. No I think we need to make it possible for even my neighbor (or even homeless Joe) to compete with these rich career politicians.

Raist

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Maybe you should reread my post once again.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

this mans bill board is not him being a truther or blameing the twin towers on democrats.

this is clearly his views on the democrats stance on american security.
i think he is getting his views from the way Bill Clinton handled the terroist attack that happened when he was in office. democrats always throw large numbers of our troops out on the streets with out jobsand they call it balanceing the budget. and are known to do absolutely nothing when terroists attack american targets. the bill board should stay. the only thing this man is telling the truth about is what will happen to this country with a democratic president..

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It is getting pretty hard to keep up with each of their stances on things, but I believe Obama has said several times before he wanted more troops in Afghanistan. I might be wrong on this but I am sure I have heard him say this before his last speech.

Raist

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
It is getting pretty hard to keep up with each of their stances on things, but I believe Obama has said several times before he wanted more troops in Afghanistan. I might be wrong on this but I am sure I have heard him say this before his last speech.
Raist

Obama's position on Afghanistan seems justified and reasonable. Afghanistan is at least indirectly responsible for 9/11, while Iraq is not.

As for the billboard guy being a "truther," I don't think so. I think he wants to make a splash, not uncover any facts about 9/11.

Actually, Bill Clinton and the CIA had plans to assasinate Bin Laden, but he reached the end of his term before that could happen. When Bush took over the White House, Clinton briefed him on the threat Al Quaeda posed, but Bush chose to do nothing. Until 9/11.

Both the Democrats and the Republicans were responsible for 9/11.

Unfortunately, reason seldom prevails in an election year.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Once again maybe you should read my post that you quoted me on and attacked what I mentioned.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well perhaps you could point out my error.

First I never quoted a post of yours until now.

You clearly state though that Obama would try to pull troops from both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Originally posted by Solo954
I actually investigated this billboard. Its just some guy trying to sell his music thru the website posted on the bill board. What is he trying to accomplish by placing the twin towers on the bill board and saying Dont vote for a democrat is because of elections coming up and Obama stated he would do his best in withdrawing troops from both Iraq and Afghan. Mind you this Bill board went up before Obamas and McCain speech yesterday, so honestly that bill board in my opinion has now become irrelevant after it went up (horrible timing).

The bolding is mine. Where am I misreading your post?

Raist

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Well perhaps you could point out my error.

First I never quoted a post of yours until now.

You clearly state though that Obama would try to pull troops from both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Originally posted by Solo954
Obama stated he would do his best in withdrawing troops from both Iraq and Afghan. Mind you this Bill board went up before Obamas and McCain speech yesterday, so honestly that bill board in my opinion has now become irrelevant after it went up (horrible timing).

The bolding is mine. Where am I misreading your post?

There

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So then tell me in another way what you are trying to say and how I am misinterpreting what you have posted.

Something besides “read again” and “there” would be helpful. Without explaining yourself I will continue to read it just as I have already.

Thanks
Raist

new topics

top topics

join