It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
President Bush is using the tragic events of September 11 to his advantage in his campaign. Is this the moral, ethical thing to do? No. Is it illegal? Unfortunatley not. Do you feel that it is right or wrong for him to use the attacks of 9/11 in his campaign?

Personally, I feel that it is wrong because I don't see why he is exploiting the terrible tradgidy for his own benifits.

J.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It would NOT be innapropriate for ANY sitting president to use some of the less painful video to discuss his Presidency...This was the BIGGEST thing that affected his term...of course he's gonna utilize the FACT that he was there for this incident as CMDR in Chief. So far i have not seen them use ANY of the serious images like...video of the towars falling, people jumping or planes striking the towers, iv only seen shots of rubble...I have no problem with him standing up and saying..."i was part of this." because its the truth.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well he ahs offended the victim's families. Really we have no say about it because were we not directly effected. The victims families are in an uproar. I personally hope this comes back to bite him in his arse. The arrogant son of a ****. Then we can have another puppet installed.
Sigh

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The only problem I have with the 9-11 video use will be the fact that Bush is trying to keep the commision from getting all of the information it can. That is crap and should be a much bigger issue. And yes, before anyone says it, I would have called for Clinton's head if he didn't cooperate with Star after the big story hit.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I beleive it is totaly wrong for Bush to do that. Why? I still strongly believe our government was behind the attacks to begin with. He's using it to make sure the NWO goes on as planned and that he's in charge of it or to some degree so to say. If he really wants to save his own ass then he needs to tell the public that they have captured Bin Laden. At least then you're not using American lives as an excuse to win.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
yeah it's wrong,

he's manipulating people to get what he wants which in my opinion,is sinking to a brand low, he's totally ruthless and I can't wait for ass to get otta there.
I hope the karma police pull his arse over. He needs a good shoe shining.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Well he ahs offended the victim's families. Really we have no say about it because were we not directly effected. The victims families are in an uproar. I personally hope this comes back to bite him in his arse. The arrogant son of a ****. Then we can have another puppet installed.
Sigh

Datruth is, he has not offended what you seem to imply as ALL of the victims' families....this is the un-thought out, knee jerk, democrudic rhetoric used to inflame and anger people into a vote for their guy! Scare the elderly every four years and demonize everyone else to build up the base- no ideas new, no good reason to talk about them either.

Horse manure.

Let us hear the voices coming out from 911 families who praise GeoB for his steady leadership post 911- something I doubt a flip-flopping, war hero-protester, soldier defamer, anti abortion-pro-choice; pro this then, against it now John Kerry would do better at.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
MRMULDER...Your the reason i love reading things on this site...i love hearing about all the paranoid, no basis in fact, conspiritory theories...keep up the amusing work

Thumbs up Tyriffic...for pointing out that all 9-11 victims families have not been heard from....if there was such an outcry from these people why havent we heard barely more than a trickle?

Oxmank....Didnt bush just agree to give as much time to the commision and answer all questions just the other day? (perfect political move BTW....waiting until he could de-fang that agrument from his adversaries that he wasnt....nullifying that complaint quickly and quietly...he could have agreed to this at any time, but waited until its effects would be more effective...((like now thats its just Kerry instead of the whole group of wanna be candidates)) Have you ever thought that if the commission got all its answers, and then released its rerport to the public, that it could be compromising intelligence gathering, national security secrets, and possibly aggravate the current millitary operations? YES lets get the commission the info so that we can study it and learn, but caution on the timing (rushing/delaying) as things are still in motion based off of this incident.

Truelies....how is he manipulating people? In order to manipulate someone, you would have to have some kind of leverage to get them to behave as you desire? he's got nothing on me? and certantly those blind vote the party ticket people that HATE him wont be "manipulated" by him....so where/how is this manipulation going on?

Datruth.....HOW CAN YOU SAY WE WERE UNAFFECTED?
on 9-11, i lived in florida and worked at one of the top 3 resorts in N America in a professional and techinical job (not cooking or changing sheets) and i lost my job within DAYS of the attacks.....The economy was put into a crisis (aggravating existing economic conditions with the slowdown and corp scandles) How will i or anyone ever erase the images of people jumping, the towers falling, and the shock and fear in the eyes of the people seen on the streets that day....i sat with tears in my eyes that day, for the victims, for our nation, and for the world that day...If you were unaffected by this then LUCKY YOU, but i feel that in reality, you feel no connection to your fellow citizens and are only concerned with yourself.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Bush uses any evil means necessary this is his style

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Again, i state that ANYONE could try to use that footage. Even kerry (how i dont know as this was not a defining moment in HIS presidency) For Bush to say using some of those images...in effect, "this happened while i was on watch, and here is what i did and why i think you should give me a second term" is perfectly reasonable and historically based...How soon we forget this tragic time....i think those images need to be shown DAILY so that we will not loose sight that there are people OUT TO GET US ALL...DEM OR REP ALIKE!!!
(I know mrmulder, we blew ourselves up for a political secret adgenda...LOL)

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yes - its wrong for him to do that. If only one victims' family was upset by the ad, then that is unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Oxmank....Didnt bush just agree to give as much time to the commision and answer all questions just the other day? (perfect political move BTW....waiting until he could de-fang that agrument from his adversaries that he wasnt....nullifying that complaint quickly and quietly...he could have agreed to this at any time, but waited until its effects would be more effective...((like now thats its just Kerry instead of the whole group of wanna be candidates)) Have you ever thought that if the commission got all its answers, and then released its rerport to the public, that it could be compromising intelligence gathering, national security secrets, and possibly aggravate the current millitary operations? YES lets get the commission the info so that we can study it and learn, but caution on the timing (rushing/delaying) as things are still in motion based off of this incident

Actually, didn't read about it until this afternoon. Also, if this is politically motivated as far as timing and what not, that is awfully #ty of GWB. To be playing around with a commision investigating human lives lost for political gain is a very bad message coming out from this admin.

I don't think I said anywhere that I wanted everything plastered on tv screens and internet message boards.

Also, they are getting rushed. They have an impossible dead line to meet, IMO. They should have as much time as they need, but I believe their final report is due in July. They have had to cancel hearings because they can't get more time.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
oxmank
i never said it was a tasteful move, only a good startigic one...why show your opponents your bag of tricks until you need to? (why should he have debated all the dem candidates on this during the primaries, when he can use it to disarm the leader when the pack fell away?) This strategy is used in politics, diplomacy, business, and life every day.
Its not that the report has to be plastered everywhere....just the idea that once this report becomes public info...then the risk of a potential security breach increases.
PISKY
you cant please all the people all the time....and im soo tired of the P.C. police saying...dont hurt my feelings....bust me if ive done some actual harm/wrongdoing, not based on some intangible, unprovable feelings of hurt (weather they exist or not....only the person saying their feelings are hurt really knows if thats true or not, and if so to what degree)
for victims families that were indeed feeling hurt...im sorry for their pain, but i dont think that ANY references to the events of 9-11 will ever be without pain for you...weather you aprove of the referance or not. This pain is not to be diminished, but it is not an excuse for CENSORSHIP.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

RE:BUSH USE OF 9-11 VIDEO

It would NOT be innapropriate for ANY sitting president to use some of the less painful video to discuss his Presidency...This was the BIGGEST thing that affected his term...of course he's gonna utilize the FACT that he was there for this incident as CMDR in Chief. So far i have not seen them use ANY of the serious images like...video of the towars falling, people jumping or planes striking the towers, iv only seen shots of rubble...I have no problem with him standing up and saying..."i was part of this." because its the truth.

I'll have to agree with that, and I don't even like Bush....

new topics

top topics

join