It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Colours. Are There Colours We've Never Seen Before?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah, it also gets you thinking about different alien species, and what they would look, feel, and smell like. Also different terrains and what colours they are, what chemicals and how alien species interact with them.

[edit on 15/7/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkly_Eyed777

I meant we lost touch with our spirituality in a day to day living way.
1000’s a go people where less concerns about what we could see with our physical eyes then our internal eye or third eye. Nothing is supernatural today because the waives of spiritual connectivity as been distorted, but slowly it will be more and more distinct as century goes by…all to do with cycle.
Kacou.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I wasn't quite sure what you meant before sorry
. But now I get what you're saying. That's really interesting.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wrote complete misguided foolishness. Please feel free to put that sign up that says I went off topic. It looks better than what I wrote. Interesting thread none the less. Carry on. Sorry.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by thirsty]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think there could be numerous colors that we have not seen yet. By having human experiences, we may see colors that others can't see such as gold.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I once talked to an old man who had gone through a near death experience because of a heart attack some years earlier. He said that he got a glimpse of the afterlife, and I remember that he mentioned colors that he had never seen before and could not describe with words.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

" Also consider nature, Most of the colours we know can be found in nature.
A lot of food colourings actually come from natural sources. "

Nature, as you put it, is a creation that has it's own laws and due to our limitations of only 3 dimensions

not including time, our perceptions are limited. Quantum physics has agreed with 12th century hypothesis

that claimed there were at least TEN DIMENSIONS to reality, and that the other dimensions

were extremely small.

Information is power. And people that control the daily info, also control the general perception of reality.

But real life experiences and inquisitive minds have a way of finding truth, or at least glimpses of it.

People who have had near death experiences who claim to have seen the other side,

say the colors were brilliant, not like earthbound colors, which kind of supports your

"forbidden" colors theory. I'd say you swerved into something here, that our reality/senses are limited

and are done so, on purpose by the Creator for His reasons, and eventually, we'll find out why.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The normal human has three differnt types of cones in their eyes that allow them to percieve light in the red, green & blue spectrum. Each cone can distinguish about 100 diferent gradiations of color. The brain can then combine them into about 1 million different perceptable colors. Thus most humans are Trichromatics.

However, there are some among us who are Tetrachromatics. They have an extra type of cone in that can perceive the spectrum in between the red & green. This allows them to have the ability to see over 100 million colors.

This ability though is exceedingly rare, only two possible tetrachomats have ever been identified.

Two possible tetrachromats have been identified: "Mrs. M," an English social worker, was located in a study conducted in 1993,[4] and an unidentified physician, also in England.
en.wikipedia.org...

Mrs M - an English social worker, and the first known human "tetrachromat" - sees rare subtleties of colour. Looking at a rainbow, she can see 10 distinct colours. Most of us only see five.

www.independent.co.uk...

Who knows, with a little genetic engineering the next generation could see things in a whole new light.
www.alienlove.com...

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That's what I've been thinking about though. All the colours we can make, come from just 3 main ones; red, blue and yellow. But what if there were more, other basic colours that you can't make from those three?

That's pigment. Red Blue and Green are the 3 primary colors of light.

I hate it when people get scientific and take the spirituality out of things, so that's not what I'm tryign to do.

"Light" is just a name given to a certain range of frequencies of electromagnetic radiation, the range detectable by your eyes.
In a way you can "see" infrared through touch, whether somethign is hot or cold. It would be like havign to touch something to see what color it was. We have no sense organ to detect heat from a distance.

Also, I've read that like hearing is generally described as being from 20Hz-20,000Hz some people hear a wider range and some don't.

Same with light. I've read of an experiment to illustrate this, and if I can find the article I will link to it. You take a prisim and make a beam of white light create a medium sized rainbow on a white wall. If you ask several people to go up and 2 lines line on the wall, one at each of the rainbow's edges, not everyoen will draw the lines in the same place. Some will "see" deeper into red and less in vilot, some will see more in vilot and less in red, some will see a wider rainbow on both sides and others will see a narrower one. I don't know how far off the lines will be, but there should be a difference. Try it & let us know. If I do, I'll let you know (I don't have a prisim).

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

"Nature, as you put it, is a creation that has it's own laws"

A creation?
What created nature then?
Not really sure what my comments have to do with your post, enlighten me...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I would like to add in a personal experiance on this one.

This takes me back to last summer, I had an OBE (Out of Body Experiance)
I wasn't aware of what was going on until I had returned to my body, but i believe I had almost 'died'. When I was out of my body I remember only one thing and please forgive me if it sounds cliche. I saw a giant bright light that looked like the sun, the only difference was these tendrils of light shining off of it. These 'tendrils' were made up of colors I can't even begin to describe. I don't know how I would explain something to someone that I've never seen before this event or after, or what to even call these 'colors'. It was an amazing experiance, when I came back to 'reality' my two buddies were standing over me and told me I had been making strange noises and having to them what appeared to be a seizure. This was the first and so far last time this has happened, but I remember it crystal clear, and the awe i felt when I was before this light.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Whos to say the sky is Blue?..................could be bright orange for all we know.

Its only blue because thats what we all "aggree" it is?e seen a rainbow

like 1 is 1 an 2 is true

order out of cahos ..............will it ever end or for that matter begin?

colour is over ..............ive seen a rainbow ...so have U-2?

point. .......try to imagine a colour youve never seen ........i doubt you can

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Ah, I was hoping someone would mention tetrachromats! Fascinating subject. From what I understand from the genetics involved, only females can be born tetrachromats, and there's a high (if not 100%) possibility that their offspring will be colorblind.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I want to be very clear on this.
At twenty three my best freind and I were playing some serious frisbee. Suddenly the the colors and sense of being were like out of a disney movie. Intense, focused, and surreal. Along with an intense sense of well being.
At 35 my fiance and I were rolling in a golf cart on Kelleys Island. And experienced the same for 30 seconds or so. Both my freind and girlfreind also saw and experienced this as well.

I feel blessed to have experienced this. What was it? No bloody idea.

[edit on 7/15/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ever since i was 4 or 5 I have wondered about colors we've never seen before. I've also thought that maybe the human eye cannot decode every color in existence correctly and fills it with a simple color like red or orange.

Also what if everyones eye's created different colors, like what seems red to me would seem green to someone else, ect..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here's an interesting link:

The Human Is A Blocked Tetrachromat

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I believe, if you take the time to re-read my comments, it'll come to you...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
First post, hi.

This thread really got me interested, as a graffiti artist (err... mural artist)I am always using colors, mixing and studying them. First off...

Colors are all about perception. As is life, and not everybody sees them the same, thats for sure. My best friend is color blind and cannot distinguish browns from oranges, and some greens. There are many variations on colorblindness of course.

Just try to imagine every shade of grey between black and white. Each shade is technically a different color. And you're not even onto primary or secondary colors. Possibilities are endless. Get a color wheel, it will help you grasp the concept. (Hallucinogens also help) Color wheels are available online... but only for our spectrum.

Not even Krylon (or Behr! Or Kelly More! Or Rusto!) Have- or ever will see all the hues of the Rainbow.

-Neurocks

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Neurocksones]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
As far as this dimension is concerned, you couldn't imagine a new color. Colors are simple ideas, and nobody can create simple ideas, only combine them to form complex ideas (sorry for the David Hume knock-off).

But seeing as how there seems to be a universal concesus that it is likely there are colors our eyes cannot see, I won't take up any more of this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Wow, that's absolutely amazing! I've always thought that the afterlife (heaven), would be so much more than we could ever imagine
, well if that was the afterlife

[edit on 16/7/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join