It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vampires & New Orleans?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter3113
Were there both male and female vampires?
Any other descriptions that you remember? Fangs? Clothing style? goth-type makeup? Tattoos? piercings? Hairstyle? Did you see the same vamps over & over again?

You said "they" were around for the purpose of feeding. You mean the groupies were there to feed the vampires?

Yes, there were both male and female vampires, and yes, I would see the same ones when I would go there. No visible fangs, most of them looked like industrial punks, mohawks, multi-colored hair and the such. Yes, most of them had tats and peircings (which was "shocking" at the time b/c these things had not become "mainstream" yet).

I do think that the "groupies" were around to feed the vamps.

But you know, even though I am an ardent fan of vampires and do believe the exist in some form, I was an extremely impressionable teenager during the time I was hanging out there. So I cannot swear to the fact the people I encountered were indeed vampires, but I do believe that they were.

Edited to let you know I have flagged this thread and I am adding you as a friend!!

[edit on 16/7/08 by quaple_pouge]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
any suggestions what to ask/how to as kit at the Endless Nights Festival?

I'm not "in" with that subculture - I love it, but I don't really participate. I kind of keep to myself & am more involved with the Metal subculture. So, I don't know anyone, or know how to act & don't want to look like or sound like a douche bag & blow a huge opportunity to meet vampires or cool people.

Do I really "interview" people? I guess one of the good parts about not knowing anyone is that very fact. I'm not really nervous about it, or appearing a little out of the norm for that culture.

I guess I'm not really afraid of meeting new people and talking to strangers I don't mind looking a little odd or bold, but HOW do you do it & not sound like a "OMG R U a kvlt vamp?!??"

quaple_pouge
Let me know if you're going. Maybe we can meet. You need a ticket & they're limited, so you should probably buy it soon. I'm going to get mine by this weekend. There is a place called Boutique du Vampyre, that I just found out about (but never seen on my wanderings???) & they sell tickets. It should be interesting going there. But it's kind of close to burbon, so I hope it's not too touristy.

niteboy82
Are you gonna be going? Or at least out & about in the quarter that night? Maybe we could meet.

anyone else who's coming, let me know. It should be one hell of a weekend.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The bad thing about pretty much any subculture is that they are wary of outsiders. Especially the vampire subculture....I don't think you would be able to "interview" anyone. If you tried you would be quickly shunned. Your best bet is to observe, make casual conversation. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a "dress code" for the ball. If you show up in what is deemed inappropriate attire, you will be turned away, regardless if you have a ticket or not.

I really want to go to the ball, I'm not sure if I will be able to. My husband would NEVER go to it, he absolutely hates NO. I do have a friend that probably would go to NO with me for it, so I am calling her before I buy a ticket. But, if I do end up going we will have to meet up!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatter3113

Another thing, (not that i would think that you would, but) I would say that you should not talk in Olde Englishe. It would make them think you are just goofy.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

HAHA!!!
yeah...I was definitely not even thinking about doing that

Thanks quaple_pouge (& levita
). I am not afraid to be me. I just don't know how well it's gonna go over with the vampires/vampire crowd.

Observing & casual convo. sounds good to me.

[edit on 7/19/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by quaple_pouge

A friend of mine just told me a story today about his experience in a vampire bar in new orleans. I don't know what street, I didn't want to ask any questions. But his story was so interesting. Him and his friends saw a man come out from behind a large poster, hung on a wall in a dark alley. First they thought the man had just walked through the wall, so they went over to the poster to investigate. They lifted the poster which was hiding the entrance to this bar. It wasn't a bar at first though. They had to walk into this building for a bit, and I think he said something about going over a bridge. Finally they came to the room where there was this bar. It was dark, and everyone turned and looked at them slowly, all at the same time. They left right away when they realized it was a vampire bar.

It was an awesome story. I wish I could have come across it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
how long ago was this? NOLA ain't the place it used to be (not talking about the hurricane).

could have been Kagens?

could have also been the dungeon - it has an alleyway area leading to the bar, but no posters blockign the entrance. It is supposed to be a metal bar, but it really isn't - it's too close to burbon st.

I didn't go to the festival. To make a long story short, the guy at the boutique du vampyre was a dick to me abotu tickets and I didn't really want to be around a bunch of role players. I figured I'd have better luck wandering around the city, but didn't see anything. (I did see a guy in a robot costume wandering in traffic and blocking cars to do this bizarre transforming robot routine, it was so funny to see the contrast of how #ing silly he was and how mad he made the drivers)

[edit on 1/22/2009 by Dark Realms]

[edit on 1/23/2009 by Dark Realms]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've been to New Orleans a while back and as I wandered
through the French District, towards the River Mall, I could
feel eyes upon me.
The fountain bubbled and gushed cool water into air and
as I glanced back towards a passing trolley, I saw him.

He was tall, I remember that. His eyes burned in the coming
darkness and as the smells of Gumbo and Jambalaya competed
with the swampy aroma of the Mississippi, he stepped forward
and placed a long-nailed hand on my shoulder.

My legs trembled as he slowly scanned the area for other
company, and then he hissed the question.
"Can you tell me what time the Aquaruim opens?"

I sighed and passed him a brochure, it was the best summer
job I've had. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went
on stage and did a great show.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Realms

I was wondering if anyone has any information on vampire bars in Arizona--not lame goth bars, but actual vampire bars. Like a lot of you guys on this site, I definitely believe in vampires, but for more deductive reasons than anything else. I've been "researching" vampires--one in particular--for too long, and I'm tired of boring old documents and computer files. I want to see one for myself.

Thanks for any information anyone can give me

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I am a native of New Orleans...born there...raised there...grew up there. I am almost as old as Anne Rice, so the statement that:

"Honest to god, I think 10 years ago, this city WAS pretty much the dark creepy place everyone thinks it is."

Is laughable. Especially from someone who describes themself as "in my early teens". New Orleans has been a pathetic tourist trap beginning in the 1970's and degenerating into total tourist BS shlock by the mid 1980's. There is almost nothing authentic left there, and you have to really know where to look to find what is.

There were no tales of vampires there until Rice's novels were published. Voodoo, yes...ghosts, yes...vampires, NO.

I find it interesting that all the fascination with vampires has been since the 1994 film "Interview With the Vampire", and the 1980's total prostitution to tourism of New Orleans in general.

Lots of cool, spooky stuff there? Yes! Get "Gumbo Ya Ya" from Amazon for the real, amazing stories of old New Orleans. Cool, New Age Vampires? Sorry, they don't exist.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I know this thread ended awhile back, but I just moved to New Orleans and I'm very interested in exploring the underground scene in general (I mean that both literally and figuratively) with an emphasis on finding vampires/vampire bars. If anyone who lives here would like to meet up for adventures, just let me know!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I meet theses 2 in NYC 2015
edit on 18-10-2015 by Jane1986 because: add photo

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crimson616

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jane1986

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jane1986

I have 3-4 photo in NYC during the day , cant seem to post them .. Both have very strange accents and can speak alot of languages there bodies are perfect and very cheerful people

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: quaple_pouge

I have 3-4 photo in NYC during the day , cant seem to post them .. Both have very strange accents and can speak alot of languages there bodies are perfect and very cheerful people

show me how to post the photos and will

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As said in another thread;

It is kind of funny, too. Vampires, if real vampires existed would have no trouble existing in plain sight with no one the wiser. Anything that people saw could be explained off, human beings have the odd habit of accepting even the most absurd 'natural explanation' for things that are clearly of supernatural origin and even more on their side is the fact that most human beings are preconditioned by society to automatically disbelieve anything preternatural on a subconscious level.

Sure, you may get some people here and there that claim they 'believe,' but they do not really. There is always a doubt in their minds, something there that can explain away anything unusual.

People say "How could vampires exist, wouldn't people notice the large amount of deaths and disappearances?" - No. No more than anyone is aware for instance of the hundreds of thousands of mysterious disappearances yearly without a trace in a Country like the United States which can not be attributed to anything, the people just up and vanish as if they had just ceased to exist one day.

But people will keep kidding themselves, keep believing that they know best. That science knows everything. That the modern World is somehow omnipotent and all-knowing, that all questions have answers, and that nothing past the realm of their understanding can exist.

And that is precisely why things that exist past the realm of their understanding do not have to lurk in the shadows. Because people will look upon them without a second thought. Those fangs? Prosthetic. The skin? They are just pale. Eyes? Contacts or something, surely.

Especially with the large number of charlatans and pretenders. What in a sea of costumes and masks would they ever need to fear from weak and feeble minded humans who live their day to day with their minds confined by the bars of societal expectation and conditioning?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Met a vamp lady in a club in the late 90's in hawaii. Gave me a glass vial filled with(she claimed) blood from her "thrall".

Thats when I knew to not 'seal the deal', and promptly threw the vial in the trash.

10/10 almost died lol

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Met a vamp lady in a club in the late 90's in hawaii. Gave me a glass vial filled with(she claimed) blood from her "thrall".

Thats when I knew to not 'seal the deal', and promptly threw the vial in the trash.

10/10 almost died lol

That's #ing weird. I am in Hawaii, on the island of Oahu.

In the past two months or so, I have seen two different people with extremely long canine teeth which goes beyond any kind of tooth deformity. My first thought was, "vampire!"

They both seemed kind of shy, and wary of people. The first one I wanted to talk to. He was a tall young, slightly overweight white man, that had longish hair, and seemed like kind of a skater kid.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AzothPendragon

Nice!

What a place for Vampires, sunny, but there are tons of people in the cities at night!

It was in a small club called the Factory in 1995 or so, south of the Blaisdell.

She kept talking about her family all living in Haleiwa, at the time its was a pretty artsy hippie community. Makes sense I suppose

Happy New Year!

<< 1    3 >>

join