It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members to run for political office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So, how about it? ATS members from different parts of world to run for political office? Small groups of members could work together for an ATS member who could run for political office. Get off your butt and do something!

At first you might reject this idea but think about it, why not?

There are many intelligent people on here, who are also politically aware and are exactly the kind of people you want in those positions. It is a lie that only secret handshakes and whatever get you into office. That my friends is a lazy excuse for not doing anything about the world you live in. I'd run if I had the support but I think the focus should be on nominating other members or those who wish to nominate themselves. It would help if you state what country you live in.

Get things moving folks!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Dear God no... lol

Insanity would be an understatement and ATS is not a political movement and nor does it engage in any form of activism either. Most of our members hold views more extreme than the current lot
We'll end up declaring war on each other.

Do not get me wrong, I admire your patriotism and do not question your heart, but this has been brought up before on ATS and thrown out. I believe I raised the question when I first joined this elegant site

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

i could see someone running for mayor and then disclosing their ET drawing and a bag of corn chips as "DISCLOSURE"

that would not go over well with alot of people, A LOT of people

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

To better reflect the content of this thread the title should be changed to:
"ATS Members Should Run for Political Office"

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You first!

All kidding aside, the idea I am sure has crossed all of our minds even if fleetingly but as Infinite put so well, some of us have some pretty extreme views about things
And what party would we run under? If you try to get elected as one of the "big two" kiss doing any good when you get elected goodbye, because you have to spout the party line ad nauseum to even get endorsed and/or elected.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Dear God no... lol

... and ATS is not a political movement ...

I didn't say it was. In fact I suggested that all views should be represented by members, individually, not as representing ATS at all, but, themselves and outside of ATS. Not using ATS as any type of association to what they are running for.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Don't you think it odd that on the one hand members are exalted by each other and their views, damning the governments we have now, but then on the other hand criticising ATS members as insane or showing disinterest in actually getting real people (yes there are real people behind these posts!) from ATS involved in politics.

I mean, I not suggesting everyone should run for president of the US tomorrow. But, even local politics can have a big impact on your community and lives.

So why not put your money where your mouth is or are ATS members mostly just mouth?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

most people are to busy just sitting around complaining about politics and protesting to run for an office. i plan to run for the mayor of my home town in the next election. i doubt i will win but at least i would have tried. and who knows maybe ill run for president when i turn 35, even if its fruitless at least i can say i tried and i will be using a God given right as an american that most people never even try...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Assuming you're not being sarcastic? Why not get involved with local politics? Too many moaning minnies around the internet going on about how bad things are but they expect everyone else to make it better.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Getting involved in the political process is always an antidote for despair about the state of the world. Although no individual can change as many things as they'd like to, at least you feel you're contributing to a better government. I could never run for office because I have been in a mental hospital for short stays a couple of times. I'd be torn to pieces if that was revealed, and of course it would be because candidates are always thoroughly vetted. Still, I volunteer to work for the campaigns of those I believe in. That gives me a sense of participation.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
... I could never run for office because I have been in a mental hospital for short stays a couple of times. I'd be torn to pieces if that was revealed, and of course it would be because candidates are always thoroughly vetted. Still, I volunteer to work for the campaigns of those I believe in. That gives me a sense of participation.

It is a shame on society that mental illness has such a stigma attached to it that people are made to feel they could not politically contribute in that way once they have had any problems. But you should be proud of what you do to contribute. Doing something is better than nothing.

I find it odd and unacceptable that mental illness is seen as a block to run for office but other things such as big business crime is seen as ok as long as they don't get caught for it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
An offer of ATS points was made in the last Above Politics show of 10,000 points for the first ATS member who stands for and is elected to public office.

They must be able to prove they were a member of ATS before getting elected.

If you think the points should be yours, u2u either me or Justin Case

top topics

join