It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was it that made you realize 9/11 was an inside job?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, 9/11 happened when I was in fifth grade...so I really just saw and believed what I saw, as children do. But about 8 months ago I stumbled across ATS, and eventually, Loose Change. Since then I think the biggest "giveaways" have been:

-"Pulling" WTC 7

-What happened underneath the WTC complex with the gold being moved

-The fact that the FBI was confiscated ALL tapes within the hour of the attack on the Pentagon, and that instead of releasing a tape that could've showed the attack happen in real time, they release five frames from the Virginia Dept. of Transportation.

-Also, the way the towers were hit. One was not hit straight on, therefore you think that if it collapsed the top would fall at an angle onto the lower portion. Sort of a "sandwich" collapse.

-Lastly, If I were to pull an event such as 9/11 off, I would have done it similarily if not the same. First, not just one attack, multiple. Overload people with tragedy, making them less likely to question what's going on and more likely to look all the death and devestation.

Since my discovery of this not only film, but entire alternative explanation, I have encourage many of my classmates to watch Loose Change and to research what happened. Sadly, I am from a small town in the midwest, heavily Republican. This doesn't go overly well most of the time. However, I have managed to share this movie with a small class I had, and it went quite well. But I encourage you to reasearch it for yourself and make your own conclusion.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Then there's Dubya's

"Let us not tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories about 9/11:"

[edit on 15-7-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think I got a little suspicious when the towers collapsed, the way it happened was kind of odd to me, but it did not really occur to me that it's a conspiracy, just seemed odd, looked like there's more than we were told. Never really liked conspiracy theories before, I thought it's crazy stuff.

Some time after the Iraq war began, I saw "9/11 In Plane Site" documentary recommended on some website. Since I always thought something was wrong with 9/11, I watched it. Started visiting 9/11 sites. Then, general conspiracy sites, including ATS. Saw "Loose Change" and some Alex Jones' movies like Terrorstorm and became one of the people I thought were crazy

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I'm just about there, but not entirely. Until that little piece of absolute proof comes, I cannot be convinced.

As far as the "pull" of building 7. I find it highly likely that the building was BUILT with charges for the possibility of maintaining the destruction of a disaster. Would they tell the public this? No, certainly not.

I also think there are plenty of other buildings with this in mind, they just never had to actually pull one.

You know what I fear here is that the gov will come out with this info when more and more people realize there's something fishy with 9/11. BUT, when they come out with it and admit pulling number 7, the public will buy the excuse that it was for the safety of the people and then if there ever find demolition evidence for 1 and 2, the gov will say they brought it down for the safety of the other workers in surrounding buildings, etc... This all stinks because once enough evidence is retrieved and count be countered easily, the gov or whoever, has this trump card and when they pull it, the basic american will believe it, and then they are in the clear again. No one will ever be caught for this act and if we ever do find out the truth it will either be hundreds of years later , or perhaps never, but none of us will know the exact truth in our lifetime. We all know that the official story isn't right and that there were some shady things going on with 9/11. It's all pretty sad. Anytime anyone says the gov is dumb, just take a look at Kennedy and 9/11 and know that the gov has some of the best minds in the world working for them behind the scenes and they will NEVER get caught. I almost think that it was in the plan to get BUsh jr in office, since he isn't very good with words or speaking in general, most people think he is the gov and that means the gov could never pull off and inside job. Not saying the gov was involved, but for Bush to keep reading at the elementary school was jut one of the many things that should have raised alarms in the american people. If it was truly a terrorist attack and they wanted to kill the pres, Bush put thousands of people's lives at risk. Proper protocol would have been to leave immediately. Not make a big scene, but let them know the pres has emergency business to take care of. Instead he stayed there, EVERYONE knew where he was at that morning. If it was truly and emergency and planes were being hijacked and being slammed into buildings, the pres would have been swept away from the elementary before he even started reading the book to the kids. I've heard excuses as to why he stayed and they make no sense. He didn't want to alarm the kids. Nice, instead he put all of their lives in jeopardy, including all the teachers and media that was there. Anyhow, I just can't believe that the US public cannot put 2 and 2 together. I don't know who was responsible for 9/11, but our military was told to stand down by Cheney, so we know he was a piece in the puzzle. That is the first step. I have no idea if even little Bush knew anything. Well, I'm out, but wanted to add this to the thread.

JPT

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The fact that it could happen.

I don't believe CD on towers 1 and 2 but on WTC7 it seems most likely. Beam Guns and such is just too bisarre. The pentagon thing is kind of odd too, but it might just have been like they say. Cruise missile seems plausible but I doubt that. It feels like too much of an overkill.
With the UA93 I am puzzled about the things said in "Loose Change"- that there were no bodies to be found. Not even a trace? That seems a little too strange to be true...

I think the "inside job" about this is simply that the terrorists acted they way they did because of religious/political conviction, while the goverment (or parts there of) were completely aware of the threat but while considering the pro's and con's they decided to let it happen. The world would be, and became, so much easier to control through fear and mass hysteria.

That's my opinion...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
For me, it was knowing before hand of the need for such an attack as an excuse to goto war, as soon as i saw it on the news i knew who'd done it, maybe because i'm suspicous and awkward by nature, but the way i saw it the middle east KNEW it was sitting pretty so why mess it up by attacking a super power you know has the capability to destroy you 20 times over??

All that oil guaranteed them a rosey future and eventual dominance in the world market and they knew it!... but so did the west and they aren't about to hand over global power to the Arab nations.

It's Brixton chess, and America sacrificed a rook.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
TI think the "inside job" about this is simply that the terrorists acted they way they did because of religious/political conviction, while the goverment (or parts there of) were completely aware of the threat but while considering the pro's and con's they decided to let it happen.

I'm confused -- what "terrorists" would that be?

The "terrorists" that never appeared on any 9/11 airline passenger manifest and which 6 or 7 are reportedly still alive?

Or the "terrorists" who never appeared on any government autopsy report?

I'm afraid the real terrorists are still in the White House.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Wow Alex Jones video --WOW!!!

I knew something was fishy the morning of... A relative strongly advised me not to enlist ). And my high school buddy who "recruited" me strongly changed his mind and advised me to sit on my decision a couple more weeks -- "some sh$t might be coming down! Trust me if you still want to the corps will still be there, you'll thank me".

This was a week prior ,,, my planned day to sign away ( 9/11/01 )...

I know it sounds convenient,,,, my mother was strangely over joked at the news-- the fact that I was not going to join up later that day I should say....

I did not put all of it together for about four days --- I then became very angry for months!

If you guys travel abroad you might be surpassed but it is a commonly "known" "Fact"in every country I have visited since! It is our country that is slightly daffy in this regard. 9/11 is referred to like a common government take over in the mean stream media most every where else!

Anyhow OP the rabid ones will be here in the morning - prepare for flames and ridiculous nonlogicus.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I'm just about there, but not entirely. Until that little piece of absolute proof comes, I cannot be convinced.

As far as the "pull" of building 7. I find it highly likely that the building was BUILT with charges for the possibility of maintaining the destruction of a disaster. Would they tell the public this? No, certainly not.

I also think there are plenty of other buildings with this in mind, they just never had to actually pull one.

SantaClaus first off you never gifted me anything useful .

Second you should consider the first hand accounts of the first responders. These are "regular"men who do hold a degree of expertise and credibility being dedicated to a life of service... They also had a birds eye view of the "actualities" of fires, explosions etc..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Also, just to add on to the suspicion of the way the towers fell, it was obvious to a handful of the talking heads on the networks that it was a controlled demolition. I recall some being pretty vocal about it, too (a guy on CNN, whose name I can't remember at the moment, was practically screaming it into the microphone).

And then as more information about the structure of WTC towers came out, how they built them to withstand a certain amount of force, how their internal support was designed to prevent collapse, the molten metal, etc...the government's version of events simply doesn't correlate with what our eyes saw and the evidence collected.

Oh yeah, let us not forget the passport of one of the "terrorists" being found on a sidewalk after surviving a fiery and explosive plane crash and the collapse of two skyscrapers.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
When gigantic concrete buildings turned to dust before my eyes I began to wonder. After seeing it originally I didn't think much of it just 'America got owned and I don't like them anyway so whatever'... never thought of the innocent people killed that day because I was 14.

Looked into it more and started going WTF? Insanely improbable odds that what happened happened,the collapses and the absense of pentagon footage, confiscated tapes etc is what clinched it for me. That is the one thing that got the 9/11 truth seeking in me rolling.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
The "terrorists" that never appeared on any 9/11 airline passenger manifest and which 6 or 7 are reportedly still alive?

Or the "terrorists" who never appeared on any government autopsy report?

Who ever carried out this act of terror was a terrorist. Origin is up for debate.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

First off, its because you were bad..

Secondly, you offer a look at very compelling EVIDENCE. My soul and my emotions want to believe, but I want proof.

Don't get me wrong. I have seen EVERYTHING there is to see. The problem is, that EVERYTHING has holes, so I will argue both sides.

Those who pick a side early will either be winners or losers. I'll be a winner either way based on the fact that I am willing to accept arguments on both fronts. Its not that simple, but with all fringe thought comes a good balanced argument to it.

I want another investigation by civilian contrators.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Great post, mm!

Originally posted by mental modulator

If you guys travel abroad you might be surpassed but it is a commonly "known" "Fact" in every country I have visited since! It is our country that is slightly daffy in this regard.

Yes, anyone who's traveled abroad knows what a commonly held belief it is in many foreign countries that 9/11 was an inside job. But then, they aren't crippled by our good-for-nothing lamestream media.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Answer = EVERYTHING!!!

There was no one incident that lead me to believe that 911 was an inside job. However, when one takes all events, witnesses, admissions and errors, profiteering and the ensuing war with Iraq (Oil) and Afghanistan (Drugs) based on folly intelligence, then the dots become connected.

In fact, the day Saddam Hussein was hanged, I started to question whether this man was really behind anything; whether his threats were real or just another plastic dictator with a golden palace and second-hand munitions. Supplied by the US and later attacked by the US for using the weapons they supplied him, (lets not forget the chemical and biological cultures supplied by Rumsfeld), then those dots are not so far away from each other at any one time that they could be connected by gravity alone.

The US required another 'War On ...' speech to it's so-called patriots. Terror was rightfully adjudged to take the place of the dying communism and within this fabrication, lay the evil that is pulling the strings of the current administration, especially the think tanks run by Cheney, Rumsfeld and Co.

1.3 trillion announced missing from the federal coffers by Rumsfeld one day after 911, is right up there with Tony Blair's spin doctor saying that today is a good day to ''bury'' bad news, whilst Tony Blair appeared in the US giving his speech on the strong relations between the US and GB!!

On 11 September 2001, when the World Trade Center was attacked, Labour spin doctor Jo Moore sent an e-mail suggesting it was a good day to "bury" bad news.

Comment

These people are tyrannical ****ers, and when we realise what we are dealing with, then everything and anything is absolutely possible - forget the one-off incidents that may never be proven!! 911 or 7/7 etc are all connected and are their way of telling us who is in control!

7 years after 911, no-one has been made accountable for any of the above and the same people are plotting the next attack IMO!

Inside job?

Breifne

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
When the videos of bush sitting with the kids came out, I thought something wasn't right, though the reports were real sketchy and they made it sound like he didn't know 1st plane hit before he went it. Then when you heard him say he knew 1st had hit and the secret service dude was telling him 2nd hit, yeah, inside job.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne

Answer = EVERYTHING!!!

1.3 trillion announced missing from the federal coffers by Rumsfeld one day after 911, is right up there with Tony Blair's spin doctor saying that today is a good day to ''bury'' bad news, whilst Tony Blair appeared in the US giving his speech on the strong relations between the US and GB!!

Actually it was $2.3 TRILLION the day before 9/11, but I know what you're saying.

xul

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I realized something is very wrong on the same day it happened.
Just few hours after the attacks - amid all the chaos - they just 100% "knew" who is behind them. It was like watching 24, lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm 100% tired of people who "know it was an inside job." we DONT know. There are theories, conspiracy theories. But they are THEORIES, nothing has been proven for sure. This is how I see the OP: he's looking at a polka-dotted shirt, draws a swastika, and says "RACIST!!". He sees an inside job because he wants to see one. You could draw a square, a triangle with the polka-dots but you will only see what you want to see. If you look for something, anything hard enough YOU WILL FIND CORELLATIONS TO SUPPORT YOU, no matter how strange it is.

To the op: I have no grudge against you, I accept your opinion, this is me (atleast I think) respectfully disagreeing.

I'm just so tired of ppl KNOWING. We don't know.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Trick question!

My research has completely satisfied me that 9/11 was not an inside job. In my opinion, the major claims of the 9/11 Truth Movement have been debunked from here to Valhalla.

Whenever their stories get debunked, the conspiracy people simply call it a "hit piece" and carry on.

They also call you stupid for disagreeing with them, suggesting a high degree of egotism. It's as if they're saying "Anyone who dares to disagree with my brilliant theory must be stupid--or a government agent. It's the only explanation!"

(There is, of course, never a shred of proof given that someone is an agent. It's just a crude ad hominem attack, favored by conspiracy folk all over the world)

Then there's the fact that no two Truthers in the world agree about their own theory. If there were really so much evidence that 9/11 were an inside job, the conspiracy people could at least agree on what that evidence is.

But they agree on nothing. Truthers attack one another all the time and call one another agents.

They don't even agree that 9/11 was an inside job. Don't forget LIHOP.

The rest of us will start listenieng to the Truth Movement when they get their story straight.

For non-Truthers, here are my favorite debunking websites. They will have no effect on a conspiracy buff, but they will cure non-conspiracy people in just a few minutes:

www.911myths.com...
www.debunking911.com...
wtc7lies.googlepages.com...

[edit on 15-7-2008 by BarryLogan]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join