It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The death of the US Democracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Bilderbergers

Central Bankers

Military Industrial Complex

Corporate Giants

Welcome to the new leaders and slave drivers to the tax-paying serf population of the U.S...

Hey DD -- heres some stock answer for your heart felt observation---

Terrorist lover

Free markets are the American way!

Whats wrong with people making money?

Are you a communist?

These entities will take over thanks to our friends with expansive minds as represented above!

Terror Terror Terror!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree that NAFTA was a horrible blow. It scares the crap out of me that it may actually be too late to do anything using our electoral system to undo it. I tend to believe that it isnt too late, yet, because of how badly "they" need Obama with his message of "hope and change" to push some further trade agreements through.

I am of the opinion that if they already had us completely, they would not need this new "saviour" to step in. They would try to ram it down our throats a la the Bush administration. They need us to agree to some next further step, and that is what scares me most about Obama. He is so charming, and so popular, I think they know he will be able to get the masses to agree to whatever it is.

I think you are absolutely correct that those of us who love our country, and its Constitution, and its freedoms and sovereignty must not let this "next phase" whatever it is, go through.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

like I said NAFTA will only benefit the corporate elite and Mexico, even Canada will be losing with it.

Corporate will become an entity with its own government on itself, that will give it enough power to over step citizens and laws.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I see where this thread is going....

It's "People like You" that just want to BASH our President for his economic policies. Listen damnit, he was chosen by Jeebus to lead
this Nation out of it's insane decadent spending. I say good job Mr. President. Rev. Pat and Rev. Jerry Falwell and Rev Dobson, had it right all along.

Sarcasm and Parody has ended. Go about your business.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I firmly believe in the US constituion and democracy, so if these cowards are going to try and take MY RIGHTS I WILL FIGHT THEM LIKE I HAVE NEVER FOUGHT BEFORE i am an american god damn it and will not let this happen no as long as i am alive voting is hacked there is poison in our air their druging up our kids im ready for the fight are you? it would be illegal not to take action against this growing tyrant this is the land of the free right?. . . “People should not fear their government. The government should fear its people.”

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
EnEmy. You probably already have a file on you like I do. The telecoms are getting right to perdition. To spy without any controls or legal repurcussion.
Now sir, please step out of your shoes, turn your head and cough.
Oh yes, be afraid, be very afraid. Those bad 'ol Al Queda are going to swim ashore and be camping out in your living room drinking your beer and watching reruns of Matlock.
w himself said the Constitution is just 'a damn piece of paper' anyway.
I hope his dog feeds on him in the night.

Oh...and enjoy the flight. No warm nappies, this isn't first class.

[edit on 7/14/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The U.S. is a Republic not a Democracy.
Sorry for short reply

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Groynkikt
Sorry for short reply

If you would bother to read the thread, you would know that this has already been mentioned.

Have anything else to contribute?

[edit on 14-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
mass civil disobediance by the population.
unions all go on strike.
if you can get the grunts in the military and national guard to strike also or at the least do nothing unless people try to use violence to hurt others or damage infrastructure
the police will always be tools of the government but i doubt they would be stupid enough to do anything "enmass" if the soldiers arnt going to back them up.
i suspect that there are many disillusioned millitary personnel who feel used and abused by their own government, and wouldnt be willing to use force against their own countrymen unlike the police.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EneMy_On3
I firmly believe in the US constituion and democracy, so if these cowards are going to try and take MY RIGHTS I WILL FIGHT THEM LIKE I HAVE NEVER FOUGHT BEFORE i am an american god damn it and will not let this happen no as long as i am alive voting is hacked there is poison in our air their druging up our kids im ready for the fight are you? it would be illegal not to take action against this growing tyrant this is the land of the free right?. . . “People should not fear their government. The government should fear its people.”

I agree the government should fear its citizens --- thats why a government does this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Throw our rights in the toilet -- nothing like a few vaguely phrased legalities as a back up!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Groynkikt
Sorry for short reply

I would argue that it is both - The structure is a republic the means are democratic!

Land of liberty or land of "conservatacy"

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'll be glad when the idea of democracy in our country dies. Maybe then we can get back to being the Republic our forefathers intended. The idea of democracy has been a contributing factor to the state in which we find ourselves. We the people are the reason our government and nation are in such a mess. We collectively quit being involved. We as a nation have to reverse the way we view politics. We all view and think about politics on a national level but, rarely do we even know who the mayor is in the very town in which we reside. We have to involve ourselves at the local level first and foremost. Effective change has to start at the city level. Then the county level. The state level is next and then when the states begin to exercise their sovereign powers will we truly begin to see change.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The republicans for which it stands don't have our best intention in mind. Sorry to dissolution you.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I've seen a lot of talk about secret organizations and the elite making secret deals. In our system of government, money is power, so it would make sense that those with money could control the agenda. That being said, all of the research that I have done (which isn't a whole lot I admit) seems to be hearsay. Anyone can state that there are secret organizations plotting our demise, but my question is this: is there any proof?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Interesting question TP. And my question back to you is have you been watching the news lately? It does not paint a very pretty picture.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You know the truth historically speaking but we have our own politicians drilling to us the good of our own democracy and how we can spread that democracy abroad.

No politician talks about the republic anymore,

Good thread, except for the title. I know some people may think that it doesn't make a difference if America is referred to as a democracy or a republic, but it does. The politicians drilling it in our heads that this country is a democracy is part of their plan. They are trying to make us forget that this country is a REPUBLIC, that is how they are able to take our rights away from us, and that is what is ruining this country.

Our first course of action should be for us to reeducate ourselves on the differences between a democracy and a republic, then we will truely see how corrupt our goverment has become and how they have stold our country away from us. When we remember what this country is really meant to be then maybe we will be willing to do something to get it back. We are not supposed to do what they tell us to do, they are supposed to do what we tell them to do ! They are not supposed to run this country, we are !

They don't even teach our children what this country is supposed to be in school anymore. They are brainwashing them to believe that we are a democracy. Our children aren't being taught about their inaliable rights (rights that they are born with), instead they are being taught about their "civil rights" the rights given to them by their goverment. They are being taught to be complacent. We need to teach them the constitution, teach them what this country is supposed to be, teach them to stand up for their rights. It will be through what they teach our children and grandchildren that we lose this country for good. But maybe it will be through what WE teach them that will save this country for them.

No doubt about it , we are losing this once great country, we need to decide if we're going to allow it to happen. Our founding fathers knew that this may happen, that this day may come, and they were smart enough to tell us what to do and give us the tools to do it with. It's all up to us, it's OUR country, not the goverments, we need to remind them of that fact.

Here's a link to help refresh the mind on the difference between a democracy and a republic, and why thinking of this country as a democracy will aid in the loss of this country.

I tried to post the link twice, but the link wouldn't take me to the article i was trying to link up to. If you're interested in reading it just google republic vs democracy. The first page that comes up, scroll to the 7th entry " republic vs democracy, our survival depends on knowing the difference" . It's a good article, informative and enlightening.

[edit on 15/7/08 by chise61]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Chise. Your words are true. They ring with the bell of liberty and clarity.
And yes, we must rise up. Because it is now or never.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Piggy from the "Lord of the flies" wafting over his 90k in pac money in DC.
Who the heck could make up something like that!?
A walk in the park and a steak for dinner.
I'm not a big Michael Moore fan, but when you saw those senators run like cockroaches when asked if they had any family in Iraq....it was putrid.
Helllooo Newman!

[edit on 7/15/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
one thing i have come to realize is that fighting in the sense of violence will not work see "5GW" for more info and if i do have a file on me then let it be so i am much more of an American an patriot than than those greedy old men. . i simply feel that our voting system is corrupt by hacked voting machines, politicians are paid pawns and that something bad might happen because of these greedy old men. . should i be afraid? i think not, not if i have more sharing the quest for truth

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Enemy...for God's sakes....I didn't mean to spook you. My point was everyone on this board in most likelihood has a file.
I don't do drugs..I drink some..I took care of dialysis pts for 24 years.
If they want to smote me, smote away.
And I bathe on a daily basis.

And incredibly find time to brush my teeth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join