It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Head Of Star Wars Program Says Cheney Main 9/11 Suspect

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcos Arroyos
Star Wars from the Ford and Carter administrations? My best recollection tells me that the Star Wars program, i.e., the missle defense system, got its start during the Reagan administration.

For the most part, you're right. There were missile defense systems in place during the Ford and Carter Administrations. However, to my knowledge, they did not involved 'space-based' defense systems.

In 1963, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert McNamara announced the Sentinel Program, providing a defense against attack for most of the continental United States. The system consisted of a long range Spartan missile, the short range Sprint missile, and associated radar and computer system.

Sentinel Program

The Safeguard Program was a United States Army anti-ballistic missile system developed in the late 1960s. Safeguard was designed to protect U.S. ICBM missile sites from counterforce attack, thus preserving the option of an unimpeded retaliatory strike. Safeguard used much of the same technology of the earlier Sentinel Program, which had been designed to protect U.S. cities.

Safeguard Program

Also, on Robert M. Bowman's Wikipedia page:

Despite his involvement with space programs and defense, he emerged as an early public critic of the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI, also aka "Star Wars") during the Ronald Reagan administration.

Robert M. Bowman

I'm not sure why he would be a critic of the Star Wars project in the Reagan Administration if he allegedly worked on a Star Wars project in the Ford and Carter Administrations...

The article should have mentioned the Sentinel and Safeguard Programs instead of the Star Wars Program. Or at least mention that he was a critic of the Star Wars Program. Or better yet, offer up this 'secret memo' where he coins the term. I'm leaning more towards that such a memo doesn't exist, considering Bowman called the Star Wars Program "the ultimate military lunacy, easily overwhelmed and vulnerable".

Although it appears that part of the article is false, I fail to see how it "takes away from the credibility". Most of the article is the man's quoted words, which is his opinion. There's nothing to take away credibility from.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boone 870
The only problem with that is, this story broke April 4, 2006.

Thats true. However I was simply speaking of the source, and how it does have a place in an "alternative news" section. Its up to the mods to deal with the "breaking" part.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ive always suspected Cheney as the main man behind 9/11...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
How can we stop something that has been going on for over 2000 years. We simply cant.

link   
How can we stop something that has been going on for over 2000 years. We simply cant.

link   

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
At least he didn't go into DEWs in space.

But wasn't that what they were building for Star Wars, he even said so.

Anyone have his address.

There is a big linear accelerator in orbit right now and think
he might know about it.

And how did they haul that gigantic weapon in orbit in one piece.

Perhaps he knows how that was done as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I find this to be extremely important. When somebody who was that high of status in the government at one point says something like this, I take notice. Unfortunately, we could have a thousand people of his status say this, and it still probably would not make a huge difference unless more people were awakened to the facts.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Unfortunately, we could have a thousand people of his status say this, and it still probably would not make a huge difference

The mere mention of a Star Wars Program to the masses would only invoke recollection of the movies. By that time, you've already lost them.

Forget his status, forget the facts, the title of the program would transport them from a potentially enlightening conversation back in to their Hollywood induced lull of stupidity.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
While my overall opinion of my so called "Fellow Americans" has come to an all time low in the recent years, to the extreme that I have married a Belarussian that makes American women appear like subhuman cows and varments, surrounded myself with immigrants from Europe and removed my family and assets to be almost utterly severed from dependence and involved in the US Economy and these idiots, I must admit that maybe America will wake up. Maybe the disinformation agents, the clerks and dweebs and gutter rats will finally be drowned out by the truth and reallities that are now slapping you all in the face, mosre and more everyday. Maybe American is not doomed. Maybe it will not be punished for its many sins and wrongs!!!

....Naaa, you suckers won't wake up or change your ways but it was a pleasant thought. Go ahead, vote for McCain or Obama and your neighbors dog; go ahead and believe the War on Terror is to protect you; go ahead and continue to support those who have been leading and feeding on you. Wave your flag and draw the BS into your heart and soul, and when you look into the mirror believe that Jesus Loves You

The worst is all true and you have not heard the half of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
He went public ? How much "public" ? I want to see him on CNN. Before he has an "accident" because of "sleepwalking" or something
I admire him for what he does. But most cannot think for themselves.

Everybody should know this : those in power do kill their own people. They did it in the past, they will do it again. That is what they do

[edit on 15-7-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
www.whatreallyhappened.com...[/url]
look at the link and analize yourself what US in going trhough this is not the botton line yet; and let me tell you everyone that supported this war criminal president will face the punishment. How many millions of innocent people (kids) killed in the stupid Iraq war. Where are the weapons of mass destruction? there is none.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
So Dick Cheney - the man who can't go hunting without shooting his best friend in the face, was behind 9/11??

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the bloke, but is there a single shred of evidence he was behind 9/11? I haven't seen any - it just looks like innuendo at best.

If you are going to accuse someone of murdering thousands of people you should get something a little more substantial than this.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
what does star wars actually do? Is it designed for intersteller assault or is it designed for destroying targets on earth?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
So Dick Cheney - the man who can't go hunting without shooting his best friend in the face, was behind 9/11??

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the bloke, but is there a single shred of evidence he was behind 9/11? I haven't seen any - it just looks like innuendo at best.

If you are going to accuse someone of murdering thousands of people you should get something a little more substantial than this.

Hey Father Luke Duke ,you look quite sexy for a priest your not a Vatican honeytrap are you ha ha.Anyone in a postion of authority who spoke out would be suicided.End of.This is JFK and OJ all over again.Ten thousand books and enqiuries later the truth will probably com out in2024 when anyone of any relevance has gone to meet their maker in Hades.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Well, when you consider the type of thinking you're dealing with:

Although it appears that part of the article is false, I fail to see how it "takes away from the credibility"

you will realize that some people will believe anything as long as it fits with their agenda.

In other words, the facts, though interesting, are irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This has to be the stupidist, most moronic, and ignorant threads of all time. Get a life.............grow a brain................ hell just grow up.

Rosie Odummy makes this theory seen brilliant..........

If "dick" had all this power.....why are those morons who hate him still alive? Why haven't the "men-in-black" made all of you disappear?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I live just south of the district that he ran for. I was shocked to see Dr. Bob's name here on ATS. I've met him a couple times, and he really is a brilliant man. He's very active in the Space Coast Progressive community.

When he ran against Tom Feeny 2 years ago, the Feeny campaign ran commercials showing him (photoshopped) wearing a tin foil hat, and calling him a nutcase. Of course, he lost. Brevard county, Florida is a hugely right-wing county. People who have peace bumperstickers or democratic slogans on their car get their windows broken out. Back in 2004 I had a "911 truth" bumpersticker on my car and was pulled over and had my car searched on a weekly basis by the same Sheriff's Deputy.

I heard he's going to run again.

sty

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I guess the Internet users are just doing that - an impartial investigation.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Repeat after me...

9/11 was real. I am just being paranoid.

What is the facination with 9/11 being a conspiracy against the U.S. by GWB/Cheney/NWO...?

Let's review

Russia school siege toll tops 350

BESLAN, Russia (CNN) -- The death toll in the Russian hostage crisis
has climbed beyond 350 as President Vladimir Putin denounced the massacre as "an attack on our country."North Ossetia government spokesman Lev Dzugayev told CNN that 323 hostages, including 156 children, died in the siege in the southern town.

Terrorist Attack in Bali, Indonesia

and others. Where was Cheney? The NWO? Halliburton?

9/11 was done by psychotic, Muslim animals. Face the facts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join