It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the Bible state about Christians defending Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I was wondering about the connection between the two, should we defend Israel according to the Bible? This has been brewing in my head for a while about this phychotic beliefe by Christians that we (Christians) are Jews or something, there seems to be this crazy idea amoungst main streem Christianity that we should support anything and everything that Irael does, this bugs me, it doesn't seem right according to the statutes and main rules behind what we are supposed to believe (love and pray for your fellow man, love and pray for your enemies, do good to those who hate you, turn the other cheek, our battle is not agianst flesh and blood but principalities and the ruler of darkness, ect.), but what really pushed me off the edge is this thread about what our "Christian" leader of our "Christian Nation" said Bush gave the amber light for Israel to attack Iran
Huh? So instead of forgiveing those who do evil agianst us we should go and tell israel to attack them so we can nuke them?
This is insane!

So what does the Bible say about our relationship with Israel, should we support everything they do? Seems to me that there is a conspiracy in mainstream Christianity (not the fundimentals like what I believe in) to fool "Christians" into supporting a war beacause we are told that we are to support everything the Israel does. Where does this come from?

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Seems to me that there is a conspiracy in mainstream Christianity

Maybe the Muslims have it right.
What if this is another Crusade?
The first Crusade was to maintain access to the Holy shrines, so Christians can go on Pilgrimages.
Maybe we want a friendly country in the area to keep it open.
As far as the Bible goes, I do not buy into it saying that we have to defend it.
But, it is nice to see people fixing the place up, like the Jews have done.
It would be a shame to see it get wrecked, like what happened to Gaza, after they turned it over.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
rapidshare.com...
copy and send this to all christians you know.

1999. Israel, in my hyonisis session they found out I used my love for god to train horses, and considered it a

gift or present from god. Then everything was bad I would have been homeless on the very day I recieved a ticket to go to Israel. I thought god took me to Israel.
s250.photobucket.com...¤t=DSC00190.jpg

So I really took my mechanics of riding a completely rebuilt them... for the former things have passed away.
This would be neuro pathway trainng. A real way to communicate with the animals straight from the words of christ in the bible. Id also slept with my bible praying for true love. Thats what I thought god brought me to Israel
to find true love.... Its funny that in the end this picture think samson and delila.. is what happened. They
only cared about setting up scams and making money with my horse training system. The ranch is where Elan
Rosenberg trained and now he gets to win with my system butt I dont get to teach the world for the sake of god and
the animals, a better way to communicate with the animals. Heres Elan and Fappani the big superstars of the
horseworld... Me Im supposed to shut up and die.
s250.photobucket.com...¤t=fappanielan.jpg
I came home and immediatly started teaching with power and authority. Tal came with me and we built a youth team and a good business. She would write all I taught down in hebrew. While at a horse show I saw her talking
to fappani, when they saw I saw they walked away from each other quickly.
s250.photobucket.com...¤t=DSC00167-1.jpg
I did many clinics and everything was videod. It was at whipple creek ranch in ridgefield washington that the
slogan feel the differance was created. Gail wright is not a good guardian of people lifes. Thats your homeland
security for ya... s250.photobucket.com...¤t=DSC00167-1.jpg

rapidshare.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sadtruth

They only cared about setting up scams and making money with my horse training system.

So, what are you saying?
That we are protecting a den of thieves?
Some people think it is just one big Mafia type country and are the most criminal in the world.
I guess if you say anything about it you end up with a terrorist rocket through your roof?

link   
Palestinians were nearly 40% Christians, so go figure why you kicked them out...anyway the Jews want a JEWISH state, not a Christian state. Go live there as a Christian, you have no right to go.
American Christians have been brainwashed, European Christians don't see the situation as you do.
The Vatican has stated that they see no problem with Iran pursuing their nuclear ambitions. It's an American thing, not a Christian thing. Most of bush's cabinet is made up of Jews as have all of your past administrations and same goes for the UK. Churchill was a Jew and he gave Palestine away. Churchil struck a deal with the American Jews, they would tell your president to join ww2 in exchange for Palestine. WW2 needs to be revisited because Stalin was a jew, Churchil was a jew and so was Roosevelt and out of the holohoax the Jews were richer and more powerful and they got Palestine...go figure what really happened. Three Jew heads of state not to speak about the theories about Hitlers financiers and his love for a jewish Austrian girl...and of course rumours he was the illegitimate son of a Rothchild...WW2 need revisioning we have not been told the truth.

link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Lol, yeah the Muslims have it right

No, they are just as bad as the people who tell you that two wrongs make a right (which is wrong). They are just as decieved as many Christians are, the bible says to feed the hungry, heal the sick, clothe the naked ect., if you don't try to help and love others and commune with Yeshua, then you can't be with Him cause he never knew you. Muslims say that if you eat certain things and pray a certain amount of times, then you can have so many virgins in the after life. Yeshua say to help others and sacrifice yourself to help them and in the end you get to live with Him forever in happiness, joy and peace. Mohamed says that if you only eat certain things and pray so many times that you get to have sex with virgins when you die, nothing about loving and helping your fellow man, only yourself, which one sounds better?

Christianity has left it's first love (Yeshua) and is comitting adultry with the jeazebel by preaching that you need more money and to only care about yourself, it looks and smells just like the world and we are to be in the world, not of it, but \the opposite is happening more and more nowdays.

Enough about which religion is right or wrong, lets stay on topic.

What does the Bible say about if chrisitans should support everything that Israel does?

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You have to first ask yourself "What is a Jew."
Known mainly in the Bible as Hebrews,
The twelve tribes kept great records of lineage.
Many imposters today would have people believe that they descend from the twelve tribes
Zionism vs Jews

When in Fact they are of
The Thirteenth Tribe

As Christians we are told to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem", but, nowhere does it state that we are to hold jews in higher regard than, say Palestinians or Africans.
It was "to the Jew first", until Peter and Paul began turning to the gentiles, also.
NOVA Where are the Lost Ten Tribes

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sadtruth

Are you saying that while in hypnosis your therapist took your info and used it for gain with equestrian businesses?
And he's Jewish?
Your photobucket photos are ALL of peaceful horse riding.
???

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There is nothing in the Bible which suggest to support Israel. However, we as Christians are to preach the good news of the Kingdom of God to all the nations, be it Iran, Iraq, not just Israel.

But, according to prophecy, our main focus with regards to the end times should be on Israel for that is where chaos starts.

[edit on 7/13/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Believe it or not the bible says nothing about "christians".Jesus didnt mention anything about "christians" neither did any of the prophets.The bible is for everyone not just a select few,however it is incomplete imo.There was a bunch of guys long ago that figured somethings that were written was a little too deep for me to understand so they kept somethings out.That being said Israel plays and important part in the scheme of things.Israel is imo is the key to this great mystery we find our selfs in and should be defended.And the fact is Israel is a democracy that has foes on all sides an so many want it destroyed.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky63
Believe it or not the bible says nothing about "christians".Jesus didnt mention anything about "christians" neither did any of the prophets.

No.

The word "Christians" is just to describe the followers of Christ, thus Christ with the suffix "ian" - Christ-ian from the name "Christ".

Latin: suffix form of -an from -ianus, a modifier of the main word to which it is attached: belonging to, coming from, being involved in, or being like something

Examples:

Appearing in such words as comedian, egalitarian, Bostonian, Italian, Smithsonian, mathematician, Alabamian, Californian, Arizonian, and Canadian. It is attached to the root of common or proper nouns with the meanings "of, pertaining to, from", or "like" the proper name appearing in the stem.

—Based on information from The Barnhart Dictionary of Etymology,
Edited by Robert K. Barnhart, The H.W. Wilson Company, 1988.

1 Peter 4:16

However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

Acts 26:28

Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"

You said:

"Believe it or not the bible says nothing about "christians"

I don't think you have ever read the bible, friend.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

Nothing in the Bible? What Bible are you reading? Did you just forget the entire "Old" testament and all of the apocalyptic prophecies in it? Jesus himself said he came for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel and at first forbid the Apostles from preaching to Gentiles, comparing them to pigs and dogs. Casting pearls before swine ring any bells? Samaritan woman and dogs getting crumbs at the master's table? How about gentiles being grafted into the Olive Tree, the House of Israel? Does anyone read their Bibles?

[edit on 13/7/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I stand by what I said the word "christian" is not in the bible.The followers of Jesus call them selfs "christians"."Christians" are not the elite sorry if that offends you that is not my intention.None of these so called religions are above another imo.For instance strapping a bomb to ones self and blowing up a building doesnt make you a good muslim.Killing a doctor for performing abortions doesnt make you a good christian.However loving one another makes you good person. God is strong enough to defend His self.IMO He doesnt need any of us to do that for Him.What I believe one of the many things he wants you to do is practice what you preach.Can you in all honesty say you love Him when you dont do everthing he says an just cherry pick?I'm honest enough to say no I cant at this time.I'm far from perfect. Can you love your enemy? I cant. I can feel sorry for them but at this point in time I cant say that I can love them.I hope that I can get to that point one day,but im not there yet. Jesus is for everyone not just christians.Have I read the bible? Yes I have and I respect the fact the some of us see different things in the words.So dont get so upset over another opinion.A rose and a daisy are different but both are flowers

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Tricky63]

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

---snip--- Samaritan woman and dogs getting crumbs at the master's table?

Correction, its Canaanite woman not Samaritan.

Matthew 15

22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." 23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." 25 The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. 26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." 27 "Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

In this verse, Jesus was merely testing her faith. Seeing that she is very persistent, Jesus healed her daughter and even praising her "Woman, you have great faith!!"

This incident is the same as this parable:

Luke 11

7 "Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' 8 I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs. 9 "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

and

Matthew 7

7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

So, Jesus was merely testing the faith of the woman to be persistent when asking irregardless of all odds that she may face. Be bold and be persistent, and do not get weary when asking. God will test your faith. He will really make you wait in order to train you so that you'll produce the real fruits of the spirit.

With regards to dogs as referring to the Canaanite woman, its a correct description according to their culture. Nothing offensive. You have to know the culture of the Canaanites are. Reading the scripture with regards to their practices, you'll read this:

Leviticus 18

1 The Lord said to Moses, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

6 "'No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord. 7 "'Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her. 8 "'Do not have sexual relations with your father's wife; that would dishonor your father. 9 "'Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father's daughter or your mother's daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere. 10 "'Do not have sexual relations with your son's daughter or your daughter's daughter; that would dishonor you. 11 "'Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father's wife, born to your father; she is your sister. 12 "'Do not have sexual relations with your father's sister; she is your father's close relative. 13 "'Do not have sexual relations with your mother's sister, because she is your mother's close relative. 14 "'Do not dishonor your father's brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt. 15 "'Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son's wife; do not have relations with her. 16 "'Do not have sexual relations with your brother's wife; that would dishonor your brother. 17 "'Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness. 18 "'Do not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

22 "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. 23 "'Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

These are the sexual culture of the Canaanites, the pagans, the heathens. They are like dogs because dogs, when they make out, they make out irregardless of whether it is their mother, sister, brother, or etc. No taboo. No holds barred just like the Canaanites. I'm sure every dog owner can tell you that. I'm a dog owner and I'm shocked when they do this.

[edit on 7/14/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I stand by what I said the word "christian" is not in the bible.The followers of Jesus call them selfs "christians".

Alright, if you say so. Whatever rocks your boat.

"Christians" are not the elite sorry if that offends you that is not my intention.

Correct. We are not "elitist". No offense here.

It is written:

Ephesians 4:2

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

For instance strapping a bomb to ones self and blowing up a building doesnt make you a good muslim.Killing a doctor for performing abortions doesnt make you a good christian.

Whether Christian or not, everyone must take into account for what he has done, whether evil or good.

Romans 14-12

So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

I confused Samaritan with Canaanite, in Mark it calls her Syro-Phoenician.

Nothing offensive? I take it your not real familiar with how dogs are viewed in mid eastern culture and in most of the Bible. Dogs are considered unclean animals on par or worse than pigs. Most Orthodox Jews and Muslims will not keep dogs as pets.

How about these quotes:

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot, and turn and tear you to pieces."

"As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly".

He said to David, "Am I a dog that you come against me with sticks?" And David said, "No! Worse than a dog!"

"For dogs have surrounded me; a gang of evildoers has closed in on me; they pierced my hands and my feet."

"Watch out for "dogs," watch out for evil workers, watch out for those who mutilate the flesh"

"Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying."

I'm not a dog hater. I like dogs. When I was deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan I would get all kinds of stares from the locals when I pet or played with the dogs. The Arabs looked at them like they were really big rats.

I should point out when Jesus or others described Gentiles as being like dogs or pigs, it was used primarily in the sense of being unclean.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I have some very strong opinions on this issue but need to get some sleep. In brief, I support Israel and know exactly why I do. However, the conspiracy you brought up has crossed my mind. Are Christians being brainwashed into supporting Israel? Is the Bible neutral on what stance a Christian should take towards Israel and the Jews? The answer to both questions is no. I didn't want to be hornswaggled into anything so I researched it all for about a year and came to the conclusion that there is indeed Biblical support to support modern Israel and to not take a neutral or critical stance.

This does not mean I support everything they do just like I do not support everything that someone I love does. However, in general, they have my full support. Sorry to be so brief but I am too exhausted to get into all the Biblical support for it right now but I do support Israel. If someone disagrees, then that is their right but it is my right to support them.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I stand by what I said the word "christian" is not in the bible.The followers of Jesus call them selfs "christians".

Actually, that is not entirely true. No, Jesus did not call His followers Christians but Luke, a historian, records in his Book of Acts the fact the term Christians was first used at Antioch:

"And when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch." -Acts 11:26

Therefore it is in the Bible. Christianos is the word in the original Greek and Christian is the modern English translation.

Here are some more. See: HERE and HERE. So it was in use in the first century and the term was recorded in the New Testament. It simply was not popularized until later centuries.

Getting dragged off to bed by Hubby. Sorry I can't be more thorough. Nighty night.

[edit on 7/14/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Nothing offensive? I take it your not real familiar with how dogs are viewed in mid eastern culture and in most of the Bible. Dogs are considered unclean animals on par or worse than pigs. Most Orthodox Jews and Muslims will not keep dogs as pets.

Very much familiar. I have Muslim friends from childhood and I even have a Muslim girlfriend. It sure was hell because she wanted me to convert to Islam and have my name changed to "Abdullah". My mom sure freaked out! I even fasted with them during the Ramadan. It sure was painful as my tummy growls. They are forbidden to touch dogs, especially the nose. They are forbidden to eat pork. These animals are unclean and they view me, as unclean because I'm not a Muslim. I eat pork and I touch dogs. But, seeing that I'm their friend and they get religiously offended, I refrain from doing that in front of them. They have even called me once, "pork eater" like I have some kind of infectious disease or something. But I kicked their butt.

About the quotes, just read it according to the main "context" of the message. I'm sure you'll get it.

I should point out when Jesus or others described Gentiles as being like dogs or pigs, it was used primarily in the sense of being unclean.

It all depends on the context of the whole message.

top topics

join