It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our government doesn't know much about UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purgatory

There are certainly no 'black projects' going on that are producing silent flying crafts that can do 90 degree turns in the blink of an eye and accelerate faster than any craft we have now, or could even dream of having 100 years from now.

There's the difference in opinions. I think it's more likely that the government has craft or unmanned drones that can perform maneuvers we'd find extremely impressive than it is that alien beings from another planet are visiting the earth and hiding their presence.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by Gazrok

Maybe Shockley got more credit for the transistor, but it was really Brattain and Bardeen. They created the first Point Contact Transistor which was aided largely by a Germanium semiconductor. Scientists became fascinated by semiconductors in the 1920s. Transistors exploited the properties of semiconductors 20 years later.

I must agree here. Good reply.

And arguments made by Gazrok don't hold much weight, because, there are much more logical ways of explaining the technological growth we are witnessing.

Assuming that we snatched the tech from aliens is just like assuming that god made this world six thousand years ago.

If you remember there was a time when military and kings were on the side of religion. No points for guessing why. They got a complete hold on people using this strategy. King was god.

Once things shifted to the side of science and ruling class saw a great potential in favoring science as it provided powerful weapons, spying techs and ways of keeping sheeple under control and what not, they changed sides and promoted a lot of scientific research. It was also fueled by wars. (Ok everything has a positive side, isn't it
)

If you know the law of accelerating returns by Ray Kurzweil, you will get an idea of whats happening. Why tech is turning into magic and seems almost alien - out there. Wikipedia is a good place to start.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
reply to post by jamesder

try reading " the day after roswell" by colonel phillip corso; then give us a logical and rational explanation why every major gov't in the world has had numerous research projects and files on the subject while consistently denying the same; research it,friend, go find and meet someone that is an experiencer, look at all the available info, then postulate your idea and expound upon it.

Gazrok; good post !

I have to agree with this. Gen. Corso's book is a rare gem in the cesspool of UFO literature.

His story is compelling and verifiable. For those that haven't read it he talks about how we doled out pieces of alien technology to contractors like Bell Labs and they reverse-engineered them, giving us things like transistors, lasers and (most interesting if you ask me) irradiated food.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

and they reverse-engineered them, giving us things like transistors

Not necessarily. See my post on page 1 of this thread.

I think the best argument was made by Gazrok in regards to the timing of the National Security Act... just weeks after the Roswell incident. However, we need to keep in mind that Project Mogul was top-secret. All the attention it received could have been alarming to military officials. This might account for their re-org of military and intelligence. That and the growing Soviet threat..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join