It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our government doesn't know much about UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
People swear the government is the know all to the topic of UFOs. I firmly believe what has happened over the years (all the recovered UFO crashes, etc) is all the government has. I highly doubt our government is in contact with them. I think all that we have had is dead bodies and broken parts. Even if we had a live alien captive, you think its going to speak English? Communicate through our minds? With the languages we have here on earth?

IFFFFFF we have alien bodies, all we can do is examine them.
IFFFFFF we have downed saucers, all we do is put it back together (assume its not a biological entity itself.

There's multiple types of UFOs (cigar, triangle, orbs, etc.) and unless anyone has any of these, we can only look up and wonder what they are.

I am a true believer at heart and genuinely feel that something unique is going on but if we don't have them to examine them we can only look up and wonder what their purpose for existing is.

For people to think the government knows the right people to hire to examine these types of incidents, is a little bit out of line. Sure they can hire some of the best nuclear know-it-alls to reverse engineer a UFO (ifffff this is really going on) but that still doesn't get my rocks off. IF they did, NASA but x times more advanced than what it really is. And IFFFFF we REALLY didn't land on the moon, then what the FFFFFFKKKKK! Can't land on the moon, can't make a saucer, what the fkkkkk.

Our governement:
"Sure there are UFOs and some aliens, we dont know where they came from, all we have is what crashed on earth, and if we don't know, we're not going to say. We are going to try to put these back together with the elements we have here on earth but we are missing some because this craft was built with elements not found on our table of elements. And yes, it was manned by a body that wasn't from this planet, and he is alive but we can't communicate with it, so where giving it a physical and some CAT scans and hope it lives long enough for us to find out more info on it"

Just rambling, thank you for reading.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Very foolish. The gov has reengineered alien technology that would make your head spin.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thats good to hear! Where did you hear this? Some UFO convention speaker with Freedom of Information acts requests that are 75% blacked out?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
weknowyouknow what?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by weknowyouknow

What? Do you think they black out stuff just to add to the "conspiracy", or maybe you think its just some over zealous secretary with a marker pen. If there was nothing to hide, then why is it hidden?

I think your debunking skills need some work.

I personally believe that the advanced tech that were shown or thats demonstrated to the worlds populous is the mere tip of the ice berg, a very small percentage.

Have they reverse engineered anything? In my opinion definitely. I also have thought about CERN being partly inspired and a potential testing ground for the aforementioned reverse engineered technology.

[edit on 14/7/2008 by who-me?]

[edit on 14/7/2008 by who-me?]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Very foolish. The gov has reengineered alien technology that would make your head spin.

awesome! source?

I agree with the original poster.

I think:

1) Black triangles are stealth terrestrial craft
2) we do not possess a downed alien craft
3) there are anomalous activities in the sky that the gov't/military is interested in, but know little about

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My opinion is, don`t bank on the government not knowing anything about aliens, you may find yourself bankrupt if you do. Prove it you may say? Well, I could no more prove that they do know, then you could that they don`t know. I believe they know which aliens are here to help us, and those that want to control us. And believe me, there are those in power in our government right now that DO NOT want to give up that power, and they will use whatever means they can to keep that power, even if it means using those aliens that want to control us. In other words, they sold not only there souls, but ours in the deal. Like I said, this is just my opinion, only time will tell. And if i`m wrong, then so be it, I will admit it when that time comes.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
when you read that back, doesn't it sound over-the-top dramatic science-fictiony to you?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jamesder

Like I said, I may be wrong. So please, prove to me that I am and I will stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by weknowyouknow

Very good, I would tend to agree.

I'm still not sold on Roswell. If one checks out the Bentwaters case, there was an object that was described as dripping what looked like molten metal. It then exploded into multiple white objects that sped away. In other words, an explosion close to the ground doesn't necessarily mean a crashed saucer.

I see nothing in the last several decades to suggest reverse engineered alien technology. I feel it is very likely the government is nearly as clueless as MUFON or any other organization or individual when it comes to this phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

Like I said, I may be wrong. So please, prove to me that I am and I will stand corrected.

Prove to me that Mickey Mouse isn't the messiah sent here by an advanced race of wolverines from a distant solar system.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Let's look at the evidence:

Think of the tech level of 1947, prior to July. If you can't, then just do some cursory research (i.e. nothing with transistors, etc.) to get an idea. Now collate this with the pace of technological advancement up to that time. Sure, the Industrial Revolution saw a tremendous change in tech level, but that was nothing compared to what was to come.

Then we have the rumored crash in Roswell in July of '47. The military even at first admits it, then gives a cover story. Witness accounts and later blowups of the very memo in Ramey's hand show there were two crash sites (one with debris, and one with a largely intact craft).

After July of '47, we see the creation of the National Security Act, created and passed in record time (the Patriot Act moved at a snail's pace in comparison), centralizing intelligence, creating the CIA and other agencies, and a separate Air Force, in addition to many other provisions, all seemingly from a direct threat to national security. What event triggered such a hasty response???

Then, later in '47, we see Shockley and the transistor. While this was speculated prior, we don't see a working transistor until this time. As another note, most of Shockley's colleagues were firmly convinced such a discovery was unlikely by Shockley. The transistor is largely considered to be THE most important advance of the 20th century, and is what makes nearly all modern electronics (and computers) possible.

Soon after we see the development of Stealth, and increasing Black projects from military contractors. Sure, the communist scare could be to blame, but numerous witnesses also allege that contractors received anonymous source material with unexplained origins to use in development.

Let's just say that IF we did recover a craft from Roswell, then it certainly would make sense in regards to later events. In addition, it would mean that for over half a century, we've had these bits and pieces to study and attempt to reverse engineer. Is it a slow process? Well, imagine a caveman discovering a broken TV. Could he get it to work? Doubtful, but maybe with time...if he saw a working one before, who knows?

As for recovered bodies, that would be even more illuminating. The data from such a recovery would be immense, and certainly counter to the "our government doesn't know anything" argument. They'd know quite a bit indeed.

I'll tend to agree that there haven't been any formal meetings. Why? Because most sightings, etc. seem to indicate a tendency for evasion and escape, not introductions. Although, if we did recover a live alien, then that may be a different story. However, we're talking about an unknown being with unknown thought processes and motivations...so who knows?

I'd agree they may not know everything, or even a large portion of the Alien issue, perhaps, but they certainly know more than they are telling. How do I know? Simple logic. There have been NUMEROUS top secret (later revealed) projects to study the phenomenon, after officially denouncing such investigations. Why investigate a non-issue? Simple, so such investigations can be done covertly, and without publication.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
all valid points...and that was an interesting time for technological innovation. i think, however, that it's more likely that whatever may have crashed at roswell was another example of technological innovation, but was probably military/black and classified.

My bet is that the sudden increase in new technologies around 1947 was a product of greatly invigorated research programs and budgets after having won the second World War, not the recovery of the craft. I would LOVE to be wrong, though!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks Gazrok, that`s a good example.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

try reading " the day after roswell" by colonel phillip corso; then give us a logical and rational explanation why every major gov't in the world has had numerous research projects and files on the subject while consistently denying the same; research it,friend, go find and meet someone that is an experiencer, look at all the available info, then postulate your idea and expound upon it.

Gazrok; good post !

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

After July of '47, we see the creation of the National Security Act, created and passed in record time (the Patriot Act moved at a snail's pace in comparison), centralizing intelligence, creating the CIA and other agencies, and a separate Air Force, in addition to many other provisions, all seemingly from a direct threat to national security. What event triggered such a hasty response???

Then, later in '47, we see Shockley and the transistor. While this was speculated prior, we don't see a working transistor until this time. As another note, most of Shockley's colleagues were firmly convinced such a discovery was unlikely by Shockley.

Sorry Gazrok, usually I agree with you but I'm feeling a bit skeptical today..

The National Security Act is most likely a knee jerk reaction to the growing Soviet threat. I'm sure as Atomgrads popped up, the US became very alarmed. Also, it's possible with all the attention Project Mogul got, that a need for more compartmentalization became clear.

As for the transistor... it was only a matter of time...

During World War II, radio and radar were extremely important -- and therefore so were rectifiers. But rectifiers had a problem known as "burn out." Sudden bursts of electricity in the wrong direction could destroy them. So one of the tasks the US government gave scientists during the war was to produce better rectifiers.
pbs.org

They were looking for a way to amplify and control the flow of electrons. Although the technology was new, and not well understood, every scientist realized it was very important.

Maybe Shockley got more credit for the transistor, but it was really Brattain and Bardeen. They created the first Point Contact Transistor which was aided largely by a Germanium semiconductor. Scientists became fascinated by semiconductors in the 1920s. Transistors exploited the properties of semiconductors 20 years later.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I gotta partially agree with OP here.
IMO (which hardly matters
), govt knows nothing, and that's not only US govt, but any other also. And they don't have anything, no bodies, no saucers....

Its all fueled by conspiracy theorists. Their lives depend on misinformation. Ok apply common sense here (works always) and answer this question -

Why is that we have so many solid proofs of unexplainable flying objects being there but not a single proof of govt knowing anything MORE than others ?

By proof, I mean hard evidence, not claims or testimonies, not even death bed confessions. We have none. Its all hot air.

My personal view is, aliens (surely they exist), don't distinguish a king from a clown. Not because they don't know the difference, but for them it makes no difference.

Moreover, if I had a very advanced tech, I'd ensure that it doesn't go into the hands of ruler class, for they are the worst enemy of humankind. And I'd make every effort to HIDE from the govt, not much from the sheeple. Common sense again.

All they know is that some unexplainable things routinely violate THEIR territory but they are as helpless as us and shove things under the carpet to save their false pride.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
try reading " the day after roswell" by colonel phillip corso; then give us a logical and rational explanation why every major gov't in the world has had numerous research projects and files on the subject while consistently denying the same; research it,friend, go find and meet someone that is an experiencer, look at all the available info, then postulate your idea and expound upon it.

I'm familiar with Corso and I find his story interesting. I find a lot of people's ufo stories interesting. However, no one has every come up with good evidence. At this point, it's still just a story. (half of me does believe Corso, but to make that leap of belief requires something more than a story)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Gazrok excellent response. This type of information that's plain as day should be enough for people to open their eyes and see that what's been going on for ages is a coverup.

There are certainly no 'black projects' going on that are producing silent flying crafts that can do 90 degree turns in the blink of an eye and accelerate faster than any craft we have now, or could even dream of having 100 years from now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join