It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien' rock found near Roswell mystifies scientists!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
www.roswell-record.com...

what do ya'll think?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I doubt it

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.
www.roswell-record.com...

what do ya'll think?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Okay, that article was a joke.... and that looks remarkably easy to make in with clay and paint. You would think that an intergalactic message would be more, well, exceptional.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TubbsMcGee

Yeah, like say thirty foot odd tall solid holograms appearing every city accross the world. Or even one those Mass Ufo flyovers I keep hearing about.

Oh yeah, psst, op:
abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Ok so this particular rock is a joke.Fair enough.
But obviously there is some evidence there are things are on this planet, that didn't come from here.
Look at the implants pulled out of people by doctors.
That are made up of things still unidentified.
I mean you can understand finding some substance, some metal, that crashed to earth from a meteorite that isn't from this planet.
But how the heck does it get inside someones skin?
I think they would know if a meteorite crashed on there head, or even in the vicinity of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
if this was the work of an advanced civilization who wanted to send us a message they wouldnt leave it lying in the dirt on a rock for some yocal to find.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Some very interesting responses made by Richard Merrick towards the bottom of the article in this link regarding the Roswell Rock:

www.realitysandwich.com...

...make me think... hmm..

I still lean towards a hoax!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure if it has mystified scientists it would be for a good reason, like not being made out of clay and paint, don't you think they might perhaps notice that? if that thing is made from a single piece of rock that's definitely interesting.

As for messages, why do you assume that it was left here as a message?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Um......the same design appeared in a crop circle a few days ago, in UK I think. It's covered on ATS, with a reference to the roswell stone.
Sorry, covered already......
[edit on 17-7-2008 by serpentine]

[edit on 17-7-2008 by serpentine]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.

what do ya'll think?

I think those pathetic aliens are still living in stone age.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I smell a hoax but we will see what comes of this. I will withold making a judgement until further analysis can be done.. but my gut does say.. no it screams hoax.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The finder of the rock states that after showing it to family etc, he put it in a safe deposit box. That indicates to me an exageration of his case. Who pays to put pretty looking rocks in a bank. Sounds as though he is trying to enhance its importance.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What were the aliens using it for? A paperweight?

Looks like somebody's high-school art project bong.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Interesting looking rock. I will hold of judgement until more test results from the rock are published. I would be interested in how old the rock is. It looks like it was carved recently. If it was very old and buried for a long time the edges of the carvings would not be so sharp. They would be worn down and smooth from erosion. With the Mayor of Roswell putting his two cents in I am leaning towards this being a hoax to drum up tourism in Rosewell.

After some tests are done and the experts say that the carving is hundreds or thousands of years old I will take another look.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Age has nothing to do with it.. the roswell crash was not hundreds of thousands of years ago. It is composition and classification of what kind of rock it is that will make it credible.

However.. my gut is still screaming hoax. It is usually right.. but not always.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
its sacred geomatry looks like a key to me

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If we humans had the ability to travel to galaxies upon galaxies....I don't think carving a moon and some planets on rock would be the proper why of leaving a message. So for advanced life to do so seems not so advanced, hell we're more advanced than that...and our space shuttles blow up a quarter of the time.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Fair enough but even a rock that was exposed to the elements and buried in sand for just a few years would show more signs of erosion than this rock does. The edges of the carvings are so sharp it looks like it was done very recently. We'll see once more testing is done on the rock. I would be interested to see if it is composed of anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm going to make a prediction; we're never going to hear anything about this rock in any sort of media beyond the OP's article.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Oh I agree with you there. this thing looks freshly carved.
It just makes no sense honestly. Of all things why would they leave or even carry around a rock?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join